Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So does anyone within the DA know if the club will dual roster some of the kids during the winter off season?? Wasn't that the original question? A tbu parent said yes , anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

I'm for it , obviously the draw back would be injury but living life as a worry wart ain't living
    Then why are you doing DA at all? The entire philosophy is around more training (4 days/week) and less games (1 per weekend instead of the usual two). Also, you'd be playing down a level no matter what. That isn't skill development it's just busy work. The break isn't that long. Take a family vacation (players and their families need a break) and let your kid play in the backyard or do some pickup games with friends. No need for something structured and certainly no need to be a ringer on a lower level team.

Comment

I don't know what age group you are looking at. If you are saying there are a couple of great 06 boys that can't drive to Weston, I believe you. I find it much harder to believe that there are u16s out there that are easily better that Weston DA players. As the other poster said, financial aid is available.
      Often times it isn't just about money. First there's the HS sports issue (for HS aged kids) and other reasons why not all kids want to do DA. Then there's logistics - single parents or dual working parents in lower income households don't always have the luxury of flexible work schedules. Kids come from all over so carpooling isn't always an option; DA clubs obviously are more spread out than the many lower level clubs (I know two families that turned down MLS opportunities because the commute was too far and they just couldn't swing logistics no matter how hard they tried). Finally, even if a non MLS club comps the family tuition, travel usually is not covered. Some families just can't afford the extra expense and are too proud to admit it/ask for assistance.

Comment

Ok so she won't play if asked thanks , you can shut down the thread moderators , and for the rest of the haters, start ur own anti da thread

Good weekend

Comment

Listen, im all for taking a break but taking a break during the middle of the season is un heard of in any country that doesn’t consider soccer a joke. The kids will still be training during December and January , with the exception of the showcase in early December, they don’t have games, if the club dual rosters them , why not… games are fun for the kids… especially easier ones
          I agree, why you would take a break during the middle of the season, training won't hurt

Comment

I agree, why you would take a break during the middle of the season, training won't hurt
            As was said they'll still be training, they just don't have any games early December to 3rd week of January (depending on when the showcases are for BDA and GDA).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X