Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Saw plenty of excellent play from D1 GU12 this weekend. There were plenty of non club players consistently beating club players on the field in my daughters games. Many talented kids that choose to play other sports competitively. Actually, I would be embarrassed to say my kid plays club soccer based on some of the play.... To think that NEP teams are much better than top MTOC teams is just not true.
    Top club players drop out of town soccer by this age because they get frustrated when the kids can't keep up.

Comment

Top club players drop out of town soccer by this age because they get frustrated when the kids can't keep up.
      Keep telling yourself that.
      Or you could go watch and face reality.

Comment

Our U11G left town for club to get some better coaching. She's no super star but average. We are hoping that with some more committed direction that she'll improve more quickly. Looks good on paper but we'll see how/if things improve. She's leaving some talented mates, some that play both club & town & others that are better than average town level. Our town "A" team won one of MTOC brackets but not sure if any do in fact play on club as well.

Comment

Mtoc

the best players don't bother with town soccer..relax dad and put the plastic on the shelf
          Are you sure about that mom? Keep telling yourself that best athletes/soccer players are those that play club. For whatever it is worth, plenty of ecnl kids on the field this weekend. Are those not the best players club has to offer? What a tired song that you think the club soccer has the best athletes. What about the gymnast/hockey/basketball/swimming/skiing kids that choose to play for fun and happen to be strong players? You hide from town soccer because Of the amount of money you spend with club. You wouldn't be able to handle the potential embarrassment if your kid got beat by a bunch on non club players. Keep playing in the lower levels of NEP/NEC and tell yourself that ur kid plays great soccer.

Comment

the best players don't bother with town soccer..relax dad and put the plastic on the shelf
            Agree with your statement, but be careful.
            1. poster didn't mention "the best". specifically said NEP, and most MTOC teams would crush most NEP teams
            2. The Best represent a very small number of players.

"The best" town programs are filled with club players - including NPL level - who still just like to play with their friends

Comment

Saw plenty of excellent play from D1 GU12 this weekend. There were plenty of non club players consistently beating club players on the field in my daughters games. Many talented kids that choose to play other sports competitively. Actually, I would be embarrassed to say my kid plays club soccer based on some of the play.... To think that NEP teams are much better than top MTOC teams is just not true.
              Club players on top teams will ALMOST always be better than the best town only player. My kid loves playing town to be with friends but understands the quality of soccer is completely different. You ever see a club team play against town? I have, club team won by a lot, could've gone double digits. Both teams were at the top of their respective leagues

Comment

Not sure if this is true but I heard there is a National team player on a Girls U14 town team.

Comment

Mtoc

Club players on top teams will ALMOST always be better than the best town only player. My kid loves playing town to be with friends but understands the quality of soccer is completely different. You ever see a club team play against town? I have, club team won by a lot, could've gone double digits. Both teams were at the top of their respective leagues
                  Of course they would. No one is saying MTOC are the best teams. But to say all players are of low quality is wrong.

Comment

Are you sure about that mom? Keep telling yourself that best athletes/soccer players are those that play club. For whatever it is worth, plenty of ecnl kids on the field this weekend. Are those not the best players club has to offer? What a tired song that you think the club soccer has the best athletes. What about the gymnast/hockey/basketball/swimming/skiing kids that choose to play for fun and happen to be strong players? You hide from town soccer because Of the amount of money you spend with club. You wouldn't be able to handle the potential embarrassment if your kid got beat by a bunch on non club players. Keep playing in the lower levels of NEP/NEC and tell yourself that ur kid plays great soccer.
                    My D made the DA team. Certainly not hiding from teammates but the clueless dad coaches that ruin many great players everyday they are with them on the sideline

Comment

Townie pride flowing this morning. Remember that NEP is basically D4 these days. Not exactly the top of the food chain.

Comment

The dads care about this tournament much more than the kids do. Especially the daddy coaches judging from the sidelines.

Comment

Townie pride flowing this morning. Remember that NEP is basically D4 these days. Not exactly the top of the food chain.
                          You must be inferring that DA is D1 and ECNL is D2. You are either naive or ignorant. Both DA and ECNL are part of only 2 clubs in the state. You have top players playing NEP at the younger ages and will be making the jump to NPL and ECNL in the middle school and HS years. But if you want to carry on about NEP being D4, then what division is NSL? MTOC? D5 and D6?

Comment

How did you keep track of all the club players and non club players from all the teams playing from across the state? Did each club player wear a special patch on their uniform this weekend. And what does it matter if kids play other sports competitively? But no need to be embarrassed if your kid doesn't play club. The club players will be fine. And if your team is U12, and maybe U14, I'd bet that its the club players that are the better ones on your town team. Yeah, there are exceptions here and there, but not enough to swing the scales. And sure, the top MTOC teams are very good, which I presume are the Div. 1 teams that advanced out of the round robin play. And those teams could probably beat low level NEP/NEC teams. But what does that mean? A D1 MTOC team filled with club players could beat a NEP/NEC team filled with club players. Not every kid plays club because someone things they are elite. Many small towns have horrible town programs and these kids want to improve with better coaching and play with other dedicated and committed kids. So let's stop the nonsense and comparison and simply enjoy the MTOC experience. Its a great program and one of the few things MYSA does right.

Comment

You must be inferring that DA is D1 and ECNL is D2. You are either naive or ignorant. Both DA and ECNL are part of only 2 clubs in the state. You have top players playing NEP at the younger ages and will be making the jump to NPL and ECNL in the middle school and HS years. But if you want to carry on about NEP being D4, then what division is NSL? MTOC? D5 and D6?
                              I agree, but there is no use even replying to someone who writes what they did about D4. Just snobby and annoying. Those people are best ignored. Let someone like that talk to others who feel the same way so they can stand around and brag to each other, making them feel like they are better than everyone else.

Comment

You must be inferring that DA is D1 and ECNL is D2.
                                Correct.

You are either naive or ignorant. Both DA and ECNL are part of only 2 clubs in the state.
                                Correct. Time and again the TS keyboard commandos yearn for the day when things aren't "watered down" anymore. Well, here you go. The top talent can and will funnel to these programs. It's the way it should be. Everyone gets their wish.

You have top players playing NEP at the younger ages and will be making the jump to NPL and ECNL in the middle school and HS years. But if you want to carry on about NEP being D4, then what division is NSL? MTOC? D5 and D6?
                                Why do they make the jump? Is your argument that U12 teams are good but U14 teams and beyond are not? Okay, I agree. It's likely that a U12 top town team is okay.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X