Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It wasn't NPL, it was ECNL for the past 6 years. I don't think my D's college coach really cared about what she was doing when she was 12, 13 or 14. And it didn't effect her teammates either mate. Post the teams that played there in the past and it's not hard to ID the players from those towns.

Keep applying your false narrative, there CNN. #Fakenews.
    Boot it! Red solo cups. Trashy towns.

Comment

Boot it! Red solo cups. Trashy towns.
      Red solo cups vs hotel bars, what's the dif?

And coach, I hate to tell you but club parents have been known to toss a few back in the parking lot at tournaments as well.

Comment

This NPL clown has been really busy trying to convince people that "top recruits" come from low level soccer. If your "top recruit" child's college coach finds out she's playing in MTOC this summer that will be a huge problem.
        MTOC is just the tournament... Winners of the different town leagues, Essex, Middlesex, BAYS etc... play each other over a weekend. Lots of fun for the u-littles. But I will say that it puts HUGE pressure on town coaches and players to try to make it, rather than what town soccer should be about... friends playing, town bonding etc. So many "town" teams are stacked with outside players, especially at the upper age levels. All to say they are the best town team. Insane. And I really doubt there is a college top prospect of 2017 that is playing town soccer as a senior in HS. If so you are crazy, that is just an injury waiting to happen.

Comment

Mass Tournament of Crap

Comment

Red solo cups vs hotel bars, what's the dif?

And coach, I hate to tell you but club parents have been known to toss a few back in the parking lot at tournaments as well.
            Mr. anti-MTOC is probably one of the plethora of low level club coaches scouring the sidelines trying to recruit non-club players that have some semblance of talent. Posting on TS is a requirement for them to show their loyalty to the badge.

Comment

MTOC is just the tournament... Winners of the different town leagues, Essex, Middlesex, BAYS etc... play each other over a weekend. Lots of fun for the u-littles. But I will say that it puts HUGE pressure on town coaches and players to try to make it, rather than what town soccer should be about... friends playing, town bonding etc. So many "town" teams are stacked with outside players, especially at the upper age levels. All to say they are the best town team. Insane. And I really doubt there is a college top prospect of 2017 that is playing town soccer as a senior in HS. If so you are crazy, that is just an injury waiting to happen.
              I believe the point was that they played as a ulittle.
              Any college prospect is not playing town come high school.

Comment

I believe the point was that they played as a ulittle.
                Any college prospect is not playing town come high school.
                Reading comprehension has always been a challenge to many on TS.

Comment

I thought this ended at 8th grade?! Is there really town teams for kids over U15?

Comment

This isn't really true. The upper age groups have mixed towns because it becomes increasingly difficult to field enough quality players at those ages. Also, in my experience, once you get past U16 the teams are basically run by the players. The "coaches" are just figure heads who fill out paperwork.

Comment

I thought this ended at 8th grade?! Is there really town teams for kids over U15?
                      It certainly should end after 8th grade.

Comment

It certainly should end after 8th grade.
                        It should just end period.

Comment

I didn't think that "Town" continued into HS, either. Thought it just became varsity. Looked at MTOC schedule and there are HS Grades represented, so clearly there is something. As for level of play, I have seen Town and MTOC through Girls 8th grade for 2 Ds. Plenty of recognizable players on the field from the big name clubs in the big name leagues. Many less polished players as well, but that's what makes it so fun.

MTOC is a different vibe than Jeff Cup, PDA, CASL, etc. What it lacks in depth it more than makes up for in intensity. Those spots of imperfection only make it more exciting. Plus Dads are coaching, and with town pride on the line, the sidelines could scare fisher cats.

Comment

I didn't think that "Town" continued into HS, either. Thought it just became varsity. Looked at MTOC schedule and there are HS Grades represented, so clearly there is something. As for level of play, I have seen Town and MTOC through Girls 8th grade for 2 Ds. Plenty of recognizable players on the field from the big name clubs in the big name leagues. Many less polished players as well, but that's what makes it so fun.

MTOC is a different vibe than Jeff Cup, PDA, CASL, etc. What it lacks in depth it more than makes up for in intensity. Those spots of imperfection only make it more exciting. Plus Dads are coaching, and with town pride on the line, the sidelines could scare fisher cats.
                            Town pride?? Nobody cares about MTOC. It's just for some fun, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

It should just end period.
                              Why is that? So kids that do not have the talent for club ( and likely not for HS either) just stop playing and sit around and get fat? Just because you are not very good at something doesn't mean you should stop doing it, especially to appease the likes of you.

Comment

All one needs to do to know the best days of soccer at all levels in the US are behind her, which isn't necessarily saying much, is read this thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X