Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach ok to charge for team practices starting this week?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach ok to charge for team practices starting this week?

Is it ok to charge the kids on his own team for practices starting this week?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it ok to charge the kids on his own team for practices starting this week?
    why wouldn't it be? unless the club is also charging you then that would be double dipping. But if the coach is doing it on his own to prepare his team for next year, I can see no reason why it would not be okay.

Comment

Need more info - is this just supplemental summer training the coach is offering? Is it done through the club or only through him? Are you paying him directly or through the club? I ask because any "training" done outside the purview of the club, especially when payments are made directly to him and not the club, is suspect.

Comment

why wouldn't it be? unless the club is also charging you then that would be double dipping. But if the coach is doing it on his own to prepare his team for next year, I can see no reason why it would not be okay.
        It would not be ok if he's pressuring kids to participate. It would be unfair to kids who have other plans or can't afford the extra cost. Even if the pressure isn't overt, there is pressure to do it if most kids are doing it. Does the club know about it? Is the money going straight into his pocket?

Comment

Sure, I am sure he has insurance and permission to use fields!

Comment

good point. If no other coaches at the club are running similar programs, and the $ aren't run through the club then it sounds like it's a way for him to line his pockets. Op should check with the club. Insurance is a valid issue of concern

Comment

When exactly did it become inappropriate for any professional to "line his pockets"? He's providing a service, if you don't want to pay then don't.

Comment

When exactly did it become inappropriate for any professional to "line his pockets"? He's providing a service, if you don't want to pay then don't.
                A club coach should never do private sessions with kids he coaches. It's ok to work with other kids, just not from his own team (s). Favoritism both real and perceived creates issues. Parents may feel pressured to have their kids do it. Also if the coach is using the club name in any form that isn't sanctioned by the club he could get in hot water

Comment

A club coach should never do private sessions with kids he coaches. It's ok to work with other kids, just not from his own team (s). Favoritism both real and perceived creates issues. Parents may feel pressured to have their kids do it. Also if the coach is using the club name in any form that isn't sanctioned by the club he could get in hot water
                  Sent through teams WhatsApp that practices were starting at a price at a public park.

Comment

What club and age group?

Comment

I guess if your coach is an @$$hole, and you're sensitive about your kid getting playing time, I can see where that might be a problem. I never had to experience that. We paid, she played, no problem.

Comment

call out the coach!!!

Comment

What club and age group?
                          Boca u11 girls

Comment

How do you know it's a "He"?

Comment

- Did the coach offer it to the entire team?
                              - Did the coach have the permission of the club? (some don't allow coaches to do outside trainings with their any club players or at least not with players on their own teams)
                              - Is he using club fields with permission? If using other fields did he file proper paperwork, have insurance etc?
                              - Did parents feel pressure for their kids to participate?
                              - Did the coach hint at special treatment for those participating?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X