Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Girls Premier Soccer League/Club Pyramid

I was once a newbie to the world of premier soccer in MA, and I know how much a graphic like this would have helped me back then. Came across this, and figured I'd share for those who are having trouble making sense of the all the leagues/clubs for next year.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing

This is gold. Great find, thank you! I know many people I'm always trying to explain this to, and it's about as comprehensive as I've ever seen. Of course it will probably have a shelf life of 18 months the way things keep changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I was once a newbie to the world of premier soccer in MA, and I know how much a graphic like this would have helped me back then. Came across this, and figured I'd share for those who are having trouble making sense of the all the leagues/clubs for next year.

Well done

Comment

Well done
        Good job - the corners of the top 4 league shapes in reality are distorted down because each of those leagues has some real dog teams - the more teams in the league the deeper the dip in talent.

Comment

Good job - the corners of the top 4 league shapes in reality are distorted down because each of those leagues has some real dog teams - the more teams in the league the deeper the dip in talent.
          I think it goes without saying that there are weaker teams in the top leagues, and there always top teams from the league below that can hang in the league just above them. But I think this graphic is pretty awesome and it does identify some of the overlap in those top leagues. But as previous poster said, this sucker will probably need to be updated after every season the way things change. LOL!

Comment

Seems like there's already another feeder. NEC feeds NEP.

Comment

Seems like there's already another feeder. NEC feeds NEP.
              The NEC experiment was short lived. Didn't even last a year. The separate website was even scratched and they just went back to housing Championship/League 1 divisions back on NEP website as just another division. Never made sense to try to break out NEP divisions into separate leagues. As we know, to many leagues already here.

Comment

Just curious if there is a similar pyramid but on the boys side. This is extremely informative to most parents. Excellent post.

Comment

Just curious if there is a similar pyramid but on the boys side. This is extremely informative to most parents. Excellent post.
                  I reached out to person who made this and they obviously only have a daughter. Trying to convince them to do a boys one if we can get them some of the DA/ECNL/NPL info which is where the big differences are.

Comment

I think it goes without saying that there are weaker teams in the top leagues, and there always top teams from the league below that can hang in the league just above them. But I think this graphic is pretty awesome and it does identify some of the overlap in those top leagues. But as previous poster said, this sucker will probably need to be updated after every season the way things change. LOL!
                    Actually every league should have a peak and none (even base because rec is below that) should have a flat base - I get the premise and all the effort though - job well done adding all the teams.

Comment

Actually every league should have a peak and none (even base because rec is below that) should have a flat base - I get the premise and all the effort though - job well done adding all the teams.
                      This is about soccer overall not just one league. The fact that it's so complicated and hard to explain shows how screwed up soccer is here.

Comment

I reached out to person who made this and they obviously only have a daughter. Trying to convince them to do a boys one if we can get them some of the DA/ECNL/NPL info which is where the big differences are.
                        maybe you should do it

Comment

maybe you should do it
                          Considering they made the original template, they can make the tweaks much more easily than I, who would have to start from scratch. And God bless them for doing it, because it obviously took some time, but it is very very helpful to a lot of people.

Comment

Anyone who thinks this playing structure is the path to ultimate success is an idiot. It's all about the money.

Comment

Anyone who thinks this playing structure is the path to ultimate success is an idiot. It's all about the money.
                              "Ultimate success?" What the heck does that even mean? This simply looks like an informative graphic for people to better understand the local youth premier soccer league landscape on the girls side. You obviously want to spout an agenda. Take it somewhere else. There are 1 million of those threads you can go complain about the money grab on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X