Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So all this is about a scrimmage? Whatever....
    yeah a loss is a loss

Comment

yeah a loss is a loss

LOL...yea, and a NFL preseason loss means something too.

There are not many if any OC fans outside of Orlando, but no one outside of leg az will give that win creedence. Hell I was actually happy when I first read the post.

Scrimmages are by design set up so coaches can try things and take chances that they would not at games or tourneys.

I am not knocking your team, I am sure they are an excellent squad but I am calling "who cares" on a scrimmage win.

Comment

DA only can play within them. Anyways that program is garbage. Talk to us when any crappy DA team can win something out of US.
        Weston keep traveling to Barcelona every year but just for the tapas and the sangria.

Comment

LOL...yea, and a NFL preseason loss means something too.

There are not many if any OC fans outside of Orlando, but no one outside of leg az will give that win creedence. Hell I was actually happy when I first read the post.

Scrimmages are by design set up so coaches can try things and take chances that they would not at games or tourneys.

I am not knocking your team, I am sure they are an excellent squad but I am calling "who cares" on a scrimmage win.
          Cop out answer ... by your logic DA teams can never be exposed because anytime they play outside of DA it's "just a scrimmage". Results don't lie and excuses don't wash. Even though they appeared to play their starters even if they didn't a pro DA team should be deep enough to handle a club team. Obviously there are problems with player selection and/or development. Based on what I heard about inability to handle the speed my guess is player selection. It's political not entirely merit based. The loss completely exposes DA as a fraud. This means your kid may not be as great as you think he is.

Comment

Cop out answer ... by your logic DA teams can never be exposed because anytime they play outside of DA it's "just a scrimmage". Results don't lie and excuses don't wash. Even though they appeared to play their starters even if they didn't a pro DA team should be deep enough to handle a club team. Obviously there are problems with player selection and/or development. Based on what I heard about inability to handle the speed my guess is player selection. It's political not entirely merit based. The loss completely exposes DA as a fraud. This means your kid may not be as great as you think he is.
            So... you're condemning the entire program based on a admitted scrimmage with OC? There are NO DOUBT excellent well coached non DA teams out there that can run with and beat a handful of DA teams but, unless you can tell everyone with out a doubt that the OC DA squad (whoever they were running that day) went into that game with the same frame of mind, tactics and line up that they normally would going into a game of consequence, then you will never convince anyone that the win was righteous.

Heck, my daughter's team scrimmaged a squad of college players last summer and tied them. While certainly fun to talk about but I certainly don't think think for minute that would have happen in a real game.

Again, I am not busting on your team and I am certainly not defending OC which I am not fond of to begin with. I'm just not buying into the win being an indictment of DA and the superiority of your clubs program over DA as whole.

Comment

When Juve annihilates Kendall reserve - they couldn't beat them this year, several tries - or weston reserves then you can hunt the big boys. But right now you are not even better than their reserve teams. You say you are combining ? So what ? The reserve squads are loaded on both DAs. Added lots of kids that just missed. Prove it first. What everyone saw at danone were teams not better than Kendall reserves and another that loses to breakers. Not a team that is close to being ready to scrimmage a Da club.
              I watched combined juve Zidane zoff play together last night. Look, I may not know anything but I do have eyes. Dem boys can play. Let's see how they do at surf cup. But saying we are not ready to Play a da team whack. What do u have to loose? Any place any time after august 14. And btw, it's 11 v 11.

Comment

I watched combined juve Zidane zoff play together last night. Look, I may not know anything but I do have eyes. Dem boys can play. Let's see how they do at surf cup. But saying we are not ready to Play a da team whack. What do u have to loose? Any place any time after august 14. And btw, it's 11 v 11.
                Great focus on surf cup and bring that one home. Why do u care about weston or Kendall Da ? It sounds like insecurity. 05s are 11 and 12. What are u in this for ? Your kid or your ego ? If your kid, he will need one day to advance as a player. If u live in this country to advance it pretty much has to be through the DA system. There is no other system that gives you the exposure. So for your kids sake stop ******* off all the da parents you never know who's help you may need in the future.

Comment

It does nothing of the kind. It's one loss (a scrimmage no less), one team, one day. Is there overlap between low level DA and the next league down? Absolutely. Not all DA teams are great, and some non DA teams are. The unfortunately reality is because our vast geography USSF has to allow in some clubs that aren't ideal to make the travel work. But AS A WHOLE DA is clearly a level above the next best options out there. There are playoffs going on right now and you can watch many of them online. Go ahead and watch and decide if a typical club team would give those teams a run for their money

Now since you're so convinced DA is a waste then go ahead and keep your kids wherever they are now. It very well might be a better option that whatever DA club (s) is near you. Da isn't for everyone; other leagues don't suit the needs of others. All parents should do what is best for their own children and stop being critical of other's choices.

Comment

Great focus on surf cup and bring that one home. Why do u care about weston or Kendall Da ? It sounds like insecurity. 05s are 11 and 12. What are u in this for ? Your kid or your ego ? If your kid, he will need one day to advance as a player. If u live in this country to advance it pretty much has to be through the DA system. There is no other system that gives you the exposure. So for your kids sake stop ******* off all the da parents you never know who's help you may need in the future.
                    My kid is 2004. We play the 2005 Juventus group. They have a lot of potential. Why would anyone need the help of a parent accept for play date or car pool.

Comment

My kid is 2004. We play the 2005 Juventus group. They have a lot of potential. Why would anyone need the help of a parent accept for play date or car pool.
                      Because as the OP admits parents control the process of player selection through their checkbooks and whining.

Comment

The most common commodity in youth sports is potential. You are no different than all the other parents of 12 & 13 years olds who thought their kids were going to be great and are no longer playing at 16-17. I wish you and your kids well.

Comment

The most common commodity in youth sports is potential. You are no different than all the other parents of 12 & 13 years olds who thought their kids were going to be great and are no longer playing at 16-17. I wish you and your kids well.
                          your kid will be going pro. Hahaha

Comment

your kid will be going pro. Hahaha
                            More parents fantasize about college scholarships than their kids going pro. Hahahahah

Comment

for the longest time Orlando city refused to give us a friendly saying similar comments that are being said here. That we were not ready for them etc. in reality the da programs are run by the expectations of the parents. They don't like to loose and loosing to a club is shameful for them. They have nothing to gain by playing non da teams. Where as in South America and Europe, the parents can't even come on the field let alone offer their opinions. You should want to play any team that challenges your team any team that claims they are better. This is not a boxing match where the a belt is at stake. It is kids soccer. Friendly anyone.

Comment

More parents fantasize about college scholarships than their kids going pro. Hahahahah
                                Especially the ones who have the grades to get in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X