NEFC South Coast (Girls)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard from a parent of a player that signed a preoffers with MS/SE has been told they do not have a team to play on.

Seems there will be a team but the player was told that they do not have a spot for the girl. Basically, player accepts preoffer and goes to tryouts only for NEFC, then NEFC has a few too many kids accept spots and tells parents we don't have a team and we are not offering your daughter a spot. I wonder if they will get their money back?

NEFC is doing a great job running themselves into the ground down there. I've only heard good things about AM but this is a pretty crappy thing to do to a kid. Maybe his hands are tied but any team I've heard of that has done preoffers never over rosters a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Heard from a parent of a player that signed a preoffers with MS/SE has been told they do not have a team to play on.

Seems there will be a team but the player was told that they do not have a spot for the girl. Basically, player accepts preoffer and goes to tryouts only for NEFC, then NEFC has a few too many kids accept spots and tells parents we don't have a team and we are not offering your daughter a spot. I wonder if they will get their money back?

NEFC is doing a great job running themselves into the ground down there. I've only heard good things about AM but this is a pretty crappy thing to do to a kid. Maybe his hands are tied but any team I've heard of that has done preoffers never over rosters a team.
      Metro South did not do pre-offers this year. AM sent an email out about mid-May saying none were being offered this year. Was this a SE player?

Comment

Metro South did not do pre-offers this year. AM sent an email out about mid-May saying none were being offered this year. Was this a SE player?
        This. AM doesn't do pre-offers. That was SC and Southeast. Haven't heard if the SE and MS regions are combined again or not, but this last month has been a complete crapshow with NEFC. Heard the SE 2005 Premier South boys don't have enough players accepting to field a team.

Comment

This. AM doesn't do pre-offers. That was SC and Southeast. Haven't heard if the SE and MS regions are combined again or not, but this last month has been a complete crapshow with NEFC. Heard the SE 2005 Premier South boys don't have enough players accepting to field a team.
          I think they are only merging players in certain age groups where they might be light on numbers. I know in most they will have enough for at least 1 team per region per age group, and more in some others. Sucks if you are trapped in one of those light age groups though.

Comment

MS did do pre-offers this year for at least some age groups. Maybe AM didn't offer on his teams but at least some MS players got them. My son was a 06 and got one on 6/2 with a window of acceptance until 6/4.

Comment

MS did do pre-offers this year for at least some age groups. Maybe AM didn't offer on his teams but at least some MS players got them. My son was a 06 and got one on 6/2 with a window of acceptance until 6/4.
              Interesting. That may have had more to do with BB going to GPS and taking half his team with him. Same probably applied to BG's teams

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X