Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All of these coaches are excellent in their own right however you can't squeeze water out of a rock. That is impossible since the top players have moved on to NPL, ECNL and DA teams. Stop complaining. Pay the fees and let your kids have fun.
    Not asking coaches to squeeze water out of a rock, but how about taking kids who love to play soccer and want to learn and actually improving skills, teaching the game and making a better player(s) at the end of the season compared to the beginning.

That is not squeezing water out of a rock. Its doing your job and coaching soccer.

Excellent coaches are not the ones who coach ECNL and DA players. Those players are extremely talented and are going to succeed no matter who is coaching.

Comment

That's mostly correct. What was left out and has been discussed in the NEFC staff changes post is that when AM lost the MS region and the MS coaches were told they now reported to SC, four of the six quit instead of signing new contracts and working for SC.

One went to Liverpool and three went to GPS, who is now cleaning house with former NEFC players. I expect fully half the MS region will have gone to other clubs by the end of tryouts. AM did a great job over the last three years growing the region, only for NEFC management to destroy it over the course of a couple of months.
      I heard a rumor last night that AM is looking to leave very soon too?

Comment

OP again - Thanks again for all who responded and commented.

The comments above on Metro South are consistent with what I heard as well.

I think it's logical that AM would look to leave, which is why we are not considering MS as an option.

Comment

OP again - Thanks again for all who responded and commented.

The comments above on Metro South are consistent with what I heard as well.

I think it's logical that AM would look to leave, which is why we are not considering MS as an option.
          It all comes down to the number of teams he is able to field after tryouts and will he be able to grow the region again after this setback.

The big problem I see is both of the staff coaches who did the majority of the recruiting, especially with the younger ages, left for GPS. No one left has ties with the local town programs and that is your pipeline to grow the young teams and later the older teams.

Comment

How many players have left NEFC MS?

I was thinking of sending my daughter to try out there, but not sure know with the uncertainty of coaches and lack of players/teams?

Comment

How many players have left NEFC MS?

I was thinking of sending my daughter to try out there, but not sure know with the uncertainty of coaches and lack of players/teams?
              No one has technically left yet, as tryouts have just started. I can tell you my HS aged daughter is trying out, as is most of her current team. No one seems to be scared off regardless of what people are saying here.

Comment

No one has technically left yet, as tryouts have just started. I can tell you my HS aged daughter is trying out, as is most of her current team. No one seems to be scared off regardless of what people are saying here.
                I can tell you that most of my daughters team have left and moved elsewhere. I also hear the same will happen with the 2003/2004 teams.

Comment

Unless the tryout date conflicts with another club's tryout that you might be interested in, no reason not to go. Check out the numbers and quality of players in the age group and the coach. Just be prepared with a backup plan if you find out the coach isn't to your liking or the numbers are lacking.

FWIW, I think the teams AM is taking will be fine as he is a strong coach. CW's 2002's should be fine as he stayed. The 2004's are losing 1/3 of the team at the mid and high end of the roster that won't be easily replaced and there is alot of uncertainty about the 2003's as both coaches left. There is rumor that a number of players are being told they need to switch clubs or they can forget making their town's high school team. I won't out the club or town, but if this can be confirmed, it should be brought to the attention of the HS AD. Seems shady to me.

Comment

Unless the tryout date conflicts with another club's tryout that you might be interested in, no reason not to go. Check out the numbers and quality of players in the age group and the coach. Just be prepared with a backup plan if you find out the coach isn't to your liking or the numbers are lacking.

FWIW, I think the teams AM is taking will be fine as he is a strong coach. CW's 2002's should be fine as he stayed. The 2004's are losing 1/3 of the team at the mid and high end of the roster that won't be easily replaced and there is alot of uncertainty about the 2003's as both coaches left. There is rumor that a number of players are being told they need to switch clubs or they can forget making their town's high school team. I won't out the club or town, but if this can be confirmed, it should be brought to the attention of the HS AD. Seems shady to me.
                    Let me guess ... Bridgwater HS??

Comment

Let me guess ... Bridgwater HS??
                      That wasn't what I heard, different town. The coach supposedly making the threats to the HS girls is associated with an NSL/Maple club. Has nothing to do with the coaches who left NEFC to go to other NEP-affiliated clubs...

Comment

Gold

That wasn't what I heard, different town. The coach supposedly making the threats to the HS girls is associated with an NSL/Maple club. Has nothing to do with the coaches who left NEFC to go to other NEP-affiliated clubs...
                        JS at Norton HS, but does it seriously suprise you???

Comment

"Bridgewater HS"

I can tell you that coach has absolutely no club affiliation, and what little club players they do have, maybe one of them plays for NEFC. Gotta get your facts straight. My guess would be another town close to Bridgewater HS as that towns coach is involved with NEFC.

Comment

I can tell you that coach has absolutely no club affiliation, and what little club players they do have, maybe one of them plays for NEFC. Gotta get your facts straight. My guess would be another town close to Bridgewater HS as that towns coach is involved with NEFC.
                            No one said that the Bridgewater coach was from NEFC. Quite to the contrary… FC Stars. It was discussed at length here on TS when he was hired.

Comment

No one said that the Bridgewater coach was from NEFC. Quite to the contrary… FC Stars. It was discussed at length here on TS when he was hired.
                              To clarify, that is the EB coach.

Comment

Oh, you are talking about the guy who is infamous on this site. He is in East Bridgewater. Two different towns.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X