Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC South Coast (Girls)

Can anyone provide some feedback on the NEFC SC Coaches for Girls?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kids came through the SC region until recently, and we were very happy with all the coaches we had throughout the years there. There will be coaches that people bitch about like anywhere else, but for every one that disliked certain coach there was another family that was happy with them. Same is pretty much true wherever you go.

Comment

My kids came through the SC region until recently, and we were very happy with all the coaches we had throughout the years there. There will be coaches that people bitch about like anywhere else, but for every one that disliked certain coach there was another family that was happy with them. Same is pretty much true wherever you go.
      I think they are looking for coach assignments.

Comment

Sadly not quite what it once was.
        Give it a few years and it will just be Southern Rhode Island

Comment

What age groups are you looking for?

Comment

What about NEFC metro south?

Comment

What about NEFC metro south?
              AM is great. No clue about the others.

Comment

AM is great. No clue about the others.
                Won't have many teams by the looks after tryouts last night! Very disappointed with the turn out.

Comment

OP Here, Thanks for the input.

Regarding Metro South - sorry to hear what has happened. AM has a great rep and to hear what happened and why is odd.

Regarding Southeast - I apologize for being vague. To be more specific feel free to comment and any one of these coaches. I have multiple kids.

JM
                  RL
                  DY
                  MY
                  SC (as a coach)

Comment

Regarding Metro South - sorry to hear what has happened. AM has a great rep and to hear what happened and why is odd.

Regarding Southeast - I apologize for being vague. To be more specific feel free to comment and any one of these coaches. I have multiple kids.

JM
                    RL
                    DY
                    MY
                    SC (as a coach)
                    All of these coaches are excellent in their own right however you can't squeeze water out of a rock. That is impossible since the top players have moved on to NPL, ECNL and DA teams. Stop complaining. Pay the fees and let your kids have fun.

Comment

JM
                      RL
                      DY
                      MY
                      SC (as a coach)
                      All good guys who the kids truly like. Not everyone will agree as all people may not like certain things about them but they are worth a look.

Comment

NEFC South Coast will be NEFC Rhode Island south soon. They aren't getting the kids from that Providence North area anymore, or East Bay.

Cranston to South County, and gradually they'll move down there.

Comment

JM
                          RL
                          DY
                          MY
                          SC (as a coach)
                          please provide details of what happened in Metro South and to AM. Details have been scarce and the whole story has yet to be told. NEFC has yet to announce if there is any change to region structure.

Comment

please provide details of what happened in Metro South and to AM. Details have been scarce and the whole story has yet to be told. NEFC has yet to announce if there is any change to region structure.
                            All I know is that they were originally to merge regions (SE & MS) from a coaching and budget standpoint (I'm hearing they may still share some coaches at the older ages), and SC was going to take over as the director of the combined region with AM as his assistant. Something changed shortly after that announcement, be it backlash or angry emails, etc., and AM was reinstated as the director of the MS region. My guess is that they will still share some coaching, and some budgetary stuff, but the individual directors of each region will stay in place.

Comment

All I know is that they were originally to merge regions (SE & MS) from a coaching and budget standpoint (I'm hearing they may still share some coaches at the older ages), and SC was going to take over as the director of the combined region with AM as his assistant. Something changed shortly after that announcement, be it backlash or angry emails, etc., and AM was reinstated as the director of the MS region. My guess is that they will still share some coaching, and some budgetary stuff, but the individual directors of each region will stay in place.
                              That's mostly correct. What was left out and has been discussed in the NEFC staff changes post is that when AM lost the MS region and the MS coaches were told they now reported to SC, four of the six quit instead of signing new contracts and working for SC.

One went to Liverpool and three went to GPS, who is now cleaning house with former NEFC players. I expect fully half the MS region will have gone to other clubs by the end of tryouts. AM did a great job over the last three years growing the region, only for NEFC management to destroy it over the course of a couple of months.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X