Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wellington accepted to NPL for next season?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellington accepted to NPL for next season?

Thoughts?

Good for Wellington?

Comment

So was sunrise , after berating it all year , sunrise is now in npl ! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So was sunrise , after berating it all year , sunrise is now in npl ! Good luck
        I suspect it is the first step in obtaining an ECNL franchise. NPL is part of US Club Soccer. US Club Soccer runs ECNL.

It will be good competition, especially in South Florida: Sunrise, Boca, Wellington, Weston.

So much for FSPL!

Comment

I suspect it is the first step in obtaining an ECNL franchise. NPL is part of US Club Soccer. US Club Soccer runs ECNL.

It will be good competition, especially in South Florida: Sunrise, Boca, Wellington, Weston.

So much for FSPL!
          I'm familiar with FSPL, is NPL the same level of competition? What about traveling?

Comment

I'm familiar with FSPL, is NPL the same level of competition? What about traveling?
            Same idea as FSPL, just run by US Club Soccer versus FYSA.

FSPL is supposed to be invite only to the top 16 from State Cup, but that has been watered down the last few years. NPL is club based, not invite. For ECNL teams, they usually enter their 'B' team. But in south florida, without any ECNL and GDA being in their own league, you will see highly competitive teams. It should be good. Sunrise is solid and will help the league be more competitive.

Travel is within Florida. Post season opportunities for regional and national play.

Comment

You travel from Kendall to Jacksonville - in Florida it's called FPL.
              with DA it's going to be a good b team league since most of the clubs that participate also have da and that's where the a teams will play. Google Florida premier league

Comment

with DA it's going to be a good b team league since most of the clubs that participate also have da and that's where the a teams will play. Google Florida premier league
                I believe there are 2 different leagues.

Florida NPL and Florida Premier League

Sound the same, run by the same organization, but different teams and schedules.

Florida NPL is the US Club Soccer's equivalent to FYSA FSPL. Division 1 level. Top club teams.

Florida Premier League, as explained to me, is similar in travel but the Division 2 level.

Comment

???

Thoughts?
                  Where and when ??
                  NPL site does not show Wellington for 2017-18 additions !

see :
                  http://nationalpremierleagues.com/florida-npl

Comment

Where and when ??
                    NPL site does not show Wellington for 2017-18 additions !

see :
                    http://nationalpremierleagues.com/florida-npl

The were just accepted last week, I'm not sure why its not on the NPL website but its all over Wellingtons.

https://www.wellingtonsoccer.com/

Comment

Maybe. But more likely DA will be the league for kids with rich parents and the rest of us will play NPL/FPL

Comment

??? reply

The were just accepted last week, I'm not sure why its not on the NPL website but its all over Wellingtons.

https://www.wellingtonsoccer.com/
                        Congratulations and good luck to all your Teams participating !!!!!!!

Comment

To clarify they are not part of NPL, no club in the state of Florida is part of NPL. They are part FPL which is a subsidiary league of NPL. They'll play B teams.

Comment

To clarify they are not part of NPL, no club in the state of Florida is part of NPL. They are part FPL which is a subsidiary league of NPL. They'll play B teams.

Off NPL own website they call it Florida NPL (formerly FPL) looks to be expanding to 16 clubs
                            teams can advance to NPL finals. Seems similar to FSPL but if you win FSPL that is it, win NPL and can advance to play winners of other leagues.

Comment

Npl fpl fspl

Ok morons... In a nutshell: NPL is the new name for FPL which is NOT the same as FSPL. It's funny how certain leagues are called the best until Wellington changes leagues and then that league is called the best. FSPL winners had beaten all of the NOL winners last year so you make your own opinion. Wellington is once again looking for another gimmick to screw people out of their money! Remember their little soccer balls in the bag that their training was built around? Now that was great training. Lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X