Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FYSA schedules FSPL games the same weekend as the Disney Qualifier? The top teams in the state now have to choose between these two events?
    I don't think you have to play the qualifier. An FSPL team can apply directly to the Disney Showcase.

Comment

I don't think you have to play the qualifier. An FSPL team can apply directly to the Disney Showcase.
      This may be the case, but last year there were no FSPL games on that weekend.
      Why would FYSA have changed it?

Comment

Withdrawing from FSPL

ATTENTION!

Today at 5:00 pm is the deadline to decline your team's invitation to FSPL. FYSA, due to either stuidity or laziness, is not allowing ANY games to be rescheduled except for weather.

The play dates released by FYSA conflict with college showcases and (more importantly) the Disney Qualifier over Labor Day. Now, teams can forfeit FSPL to play Disney Q, but under FSPL rules there is a $1,000 fine for each game forfeited (or $3,000 for playing the Dinsey Q instead of FSPL) Also, any team that forfeits two games in a row can have the remainer of their games forfeited (ten games) and be assessed the $1,000 fine per game (or an additional $10,000).

Now, teams can still apply for the Disney Showcase if they choose FSPL over the Disney Q, but they risk assignment to a lower bracket and losing exposure to the most coaches at the showcase. This is Especially relevant to U18 and U19 teams that are in their key recruiting seasons.

I know of at least three of the top 10 99B teams that are contemplating withdrawing before the deadline. If the top teams withdraw because of this, FSPL will not be the top league in the state anymore.

Comment

update

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
          ATTENTION!

Today at 5:00 pm is the deadline to decline your team's invitation to FSPL. FYSA, due to either stuidity or laziness, is not allowing ANY games to be rescheduled except for weather.

The play dates released by FYSA conflict with college showcases and (more importantly) the Disney Qualifier over Labor Day. Now, teams can forfeit FSPL to play Disney Q, but under FSPL rules there is a $1,000 fine for each game forfeited (or $3,000 for playing the Dinsey Q instead of FSPL) Also, any team that forfeits two games in a row can have the remainer of their games forfeited (ten games) and be assessed the $1,000 fine per game (or an additional $10,000).

Now, teams can still apply for the Disney Showcase if they choose FSPL over the Disney Q, but they risk assignment to a lower bracket and losing exposure to the most coaches at the showcase. This is Especially relevant to U18 and U19 teams that are in their key recruiting seasons.

I know of at least three of the top 10 99B teams that are contemplating withdrawing before the deadline. If the top teams withdraw because of this, FSPL will not be the top league in the state anymore.
          UPDATE
          Just received word that the Disney Showcase is going to have far fewer teams this year. They will not even guarantee acceptance to teams playing R3PL, let alone FSPL. The only guarantee goes to the winner of each flight. Any team wishing to be seen at the Showcase would be crazy to skip the Disney Q to play FSPL.

Comment

UPDATE
            Just received word that the Disney Showcase is going to have far fewer teams this year. They will not even guarantee acceptance to teams playing R3PL, let alone FSPL. The only guarantee goes to the winner of each flight. Any team wishing to be seen at the Showcase would be crazy to skip the Disney Q to play FSPL.
            with the debacle that is state cup every year and how they run it, to the try-out rule change, to now this decision, FYSA is just asking players, parents and clubs to start skipping their events. You can't tell me that they have the players best interests at heart when they make their decisions, go to Disney older age groups

Comment

Wrong

with the debacle that is state cup every year and how they run it, to the try-out rule change, to now this decision, FYSA is just asking players, parents and clubs to start skipping their events. You can't tell me that they have the players best interests at heart when they make their decisions, go to Disney older age groups
              It was NOT FYSA that changed the tryout dates---it was a change proposed and voted on by the membership!!! Blame the CLUBS that voted for it.

Comment

It was NOT FYSA that changed the tryout dates---it was a change proposed and voted on by the membership!!! Blame the CLUBS that voted for it.
                That clown at Florida Rush, Richie Gray started this mess.

Comment

Tryouts? We are talking about FsPL games. Why is FYSA screwing over the best players in our state? This is a travesty.

Comment

Huh?

Tryouts? We are talking about FsPL games. Why is FYSA screwing over the best players in our state? This is a travesty.
                    hehehe

Comment

There have been multiple comments in this list serve about parents helicoptering over their kids and being too involved. The posters frequently complain about "Daddy Coaches" and parents getting involved in club politics. But this is what happens when you hand everything over to a group of businesses - they look at customers as bargaining chips and property and use them as a means of competing against one and other. FSPL and Disney are fighting for participants, and until parents take the leagues and the clubs back from the "professionals" who don't have their kids best interests at heart this type of behavior will continue. There is no reason these events could not have been scheduled so that they don't conflict with one and other.

Comment

Why not call the FYSA State Office? I'm sure they have the right info about the FSPL play dates.

Comment

Why not call the FYSA State Office? I'm sure they have the right info about the FSPL play dates.
                          They are not picking up the phone. We need as many clubs as possible to contact them.

Comment

UPDATE
                            Received word from who?? Disney?

Comment

That clown at Florida Rush, Richie Gray started this mess.
                              If it was Rush that caused it then why didn't they move their tryouts up? They had them the same week they always do, just before Memorial day.

Comment

I thought it was obvious

Received word from who?? Disney?
                                Yes, Disney.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X