Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gets the points if coach is changing most of the team

We have an issue at our club. There are tons of new players trying out. The coach says hes keeping the points which I don't see how. Most of the players he is picking are new and I thought it had to be 50% or more had to be the same players? I feel if he is doing this its cheating and the points need to go with the other team if most are moved there. Sick of this always happening because the coach steels from other clubs and hurts the existing players.
    Anyone really know if this can be fixed so he doesnt cheat?

gold

your are a tool !what points? gotsoccer ? you are what is wrong with youth sports

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We have an issue at our club. There are tons of new players trying out. The coach says hes keeping the points which I don't see how. Most of the players he is picking are new and I thought it had to be 50% or more had to be the same players? I feel if he is doing this its cheating and the points need to go with the other team if most are moved there. Sick of this always happening because the coach steels from other clubs and hurts the existing players.
      If your asking about gotsoccer points, each team has a unique number and the points stay with that team for a certain amount of time. Essentially you have to keep winning to keep your points up. However, if your team changes to a new age that goes out the window. This hurt a lot teams last year with the age change.

Comment

gotsoccer points do not mean ****

Comment

I would like to say that is true but when it comes to showcases it matters. The soccer in FL should get smart. U19 should not have any points and for showcases it should be open to all and put into groups but because they are so set on points that hurts a lot of teams that are changing.

Comment

Coach is wrong unless fix is in at club. You can try gotsoccer and remind them of their rule but, the club pays the bills.

Comment

Coach and club failed at developing their own players. Why are you wasting your time and money still at that club. You are being ripped off. Coaches that can't improve their own players are worthless. You got ripped off.

Comment

OK that is every club and DA in FL so everyone might as well stop playing as for points it will follow the team that has the most returning players either up or down wherever they are put. I don't think its up to the coach.

Comment

Bigger question is why is the coach replacing more than half the team. That means he or the whoever ran tryouts did a lousy job selecting talent and developing it this year . Its unlikely they'll do a better job this year unless they get lucky with who shows up.

Comment

No question is why he stoled players from other clubs and if he sent the 00's down to a 00 team then they should get the points because his team will not have the most returning players. not sure if that coach will try to keep the points but I think it goes where the majority of returners goes. At least it should. Maybe after June 10th when they registrar it will become clear.

Comment

you are a stupid parent! if kid was on u9 gold team at a club then next year u10 gold will get points period. do you think that gotsoocer finds out where all the players and coaching staff are going to be the next season? are you really that stupid?

Comment

well lets see it happen to the club i know they were told the points followed where the most returning players go either up or down so my guess the same should happen if its a new team and returners all go down. remember last year you could split 99 and 00 if you did not do this but chose to do it this year then this is what will happen. Unless the director of the one club lied to keep the points it followed the roster with the most returning players not the one going up.

Comment

if the majority of the kids on that U9 team stay and they all move up then yes points follow. but if you are just separating by birth year then it will depend on which group has the most returning players

Comment

you are a stupid parent! if kid was on u9 gold team at a club then next year u10 gold will get points period. do you think that gotsoocer finds out where all the players and coaching staff are going to be the next season? are you really that stupid?
                            Stupid is as stupid does. You proved it right here. GotSoccer points are assigned to a team and stay with that team, depending on the players. If a certain number (can't recall exact) of players move to another team at another club, for example, those points will follow them.

This happened with my child's team last year. They were at one club, ranked by GotSoccer in the top 20. The team left, 20 of 22 players, for a new club. The new team had zero points. Once the players were re-registered with the new club, the GotSoccer points transferred over. Ranking reinstated.

Comment

Stupid is as stupid does. You proved it right here. GotSoccer points are assigned to a team and stay with that team, depending on the players. If a certain number (can't recall exact) of players move to another team at another club, for example, those points will follow them.

This happened with my child's team last year. They were at one club, ranked by GotSoccer in the top 20. The team left, 20 of 22 players, for a new club. The new team had zero points. Once the players were re-registered with the new club, the GotSoccer points transferred over. Ranking reinstated.
                              Wrong

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X