Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes and no...some on here are legitimately trying to evaluate high level options. When you start talking about GDA/ECNL quality, there are only so many players. So, discussions of the player pool are completely relevant. If all elite players ignored GDA to remain in ECNL or vice-versa, then you would have to follow suit. But the problem is that it is a mixed bag at best and at worst, the Long Island GDA options are dysfunctional compared to some of their regional counterparts. Both LISC and Fury are operating with rumors of backend deals and ownership changes.

You should be evaluating for your child's own situation. What is GDA/ECNL quality?
    Backend deals... that's all clubs like WC and NYCFC. Not different then the 2 GDA clubs here

Comment

Yes and no...some on here are legitimately trying to evaluate high level options. When you start talking about GDA/ECNL quality, there are only so many players. So, discussions of the player pool are completely relevant. If all elite players ignored GDA to remain in ECNL or vice-versa, then you would have to follow suit. But the problem is that it is a mixed bag at best and at worst, the Long Island GDA options are dysfunctional compared to some of their regional counterparts. Both LISC and Fury are operating with rumors of backend deals and ownership changes.
      And SURF, SUSA and KK have been operating with backend deals and ownership changes. LI is a cesspool. There is too much money around and too many organizations willing to take advantage of that.

Comment

They are focused on GDA in Rockland publicly. For whatever reasons, they remain silent about their supposed involvement with GDA on Long Island.

Publicly? Lol. Like Kaz will have nothing to do with WC anymore.
        They want Long Island for another reason
        Hint. They need to get a deal with ESD

Comment

Could we please dispense with hints and just get some useful, clear and complete information on here?

Comment

I dont get the fascination with Kaz having nothing to do with WC or not. Its irrelevant. ECNL mandated he step aside, so he did. Are we really suggesting that DoC of NYCFC is a full time job?

The more players he works with directly, the better most of the players will be. The only people losing out by making him step aside are the kids.

Comment

Of course it's all a shell game. But in the meantime, LISC will not be able to get a decent player pool together for their vague version of a GDA. Player interest (of those truly able to compete at this level) is light and they have little buy-in from parents at this point.

Comment

And SURF, SUSA and KK have been operating with backend deals and ownership changes. LI is a cesspool. There is too much money around and too many organizations willing to take advantage of that.
                Agreed, but I don't see how that affects a discussion about the player pool of GDA or the conversation of GDA vs ECNL. Full disclosure: my kid plays at one of the aforementioned organizations. She is a "top player" there (not due to any backend favors or anything, strictly on her own merit) and looking to go to the "next level" because she's entering her recruiting years and feels NPL may hinder her options. I find all this discussion helpful, even the ugly...

Comment

Could we please dispense with hints and just get some useful, clear and complete information on here?
                  Here is the god's honest truth, if you are talking just Nassau, Albertson and East Meadow are by far above everyone else and likely to remain so for quite a while despite their various DA hiccups.

In Suffolk you have SUSA and KK. SUSA is obviously bigger but when they play each other it's generally KK that comes out on top. But both suffer from severe infrastructure problems that aren't likely to be resolved for a few more years. If you want stability, go to Smithtown.

Comment

Here is the god's honest truth, if you are talking just Nassau, Albertson and East Meadow are by far above everyone else and likely to remain so for quite a while despite their various DA hiccups.

In Suffolk you have SUSA and KK. SUSA is obviously bigger but when they play each other it's generally KK that comes out on top. But both suffer from severe infrastructure problems that aren't likely to be resolved for a few more years. If you want stability, go to Smithtown.
                    I disagree on Suffolk...
                    I think the recent infrastructure changes at Susa are strong. BBP superintendent heading up college recruitment services and a tech director that has a ton of college placements to his credit are big steps in the right direction. The cons-mediocre training, mediocre league, cost is way too high for what you get.

KK-best training without question! The cons-no where to go after U11, talk of moving teams into the "metro league" (the red-headed step child of NPL), little to no relationships with college programs or coaches.

Smithtown-a gateway to guest play for ECNL. The cons-terrible training, very weak NPL league, very few college relationships outside of LIU Post. Had some success with the Hotspurs, but most of those kids had been getting attention in ODP for years and the top kids from that team are now at Alby.

Pick your poison...

Comment

Barcelona NY will dissolve SUSA. No one can compete with them. Year one may be tough, but year two they will blow up. Will have boys and girls DA too. Going to be massive.

Comment

Barcelona NY will dissolve SUSA. No one can compete with them. Year one may be tough, but year two they will blow up. Will have boys and girls DA too. Going to be massive.
                        Plus, they won't deal with the parent BS here as other clubs do. This will be quite refreshing.

Comment

Plus, they won't deal with the parent BS here as other clubs do. This will be quite refreshing.
                          Where will they be located?

Comment

I disagree on Suffolk...
                            I think the recent infrastructure changes at Susa are strong. BBP superintendent heading up college recruitment services and a tech director that has a ton of college placements to his credit are big steps in the right direction. The cons-mediocre training, mediocre league, cost is way too high for what you get.

KK-best training without question! The cons-no where to go after U11, talk of moving teams into the "metro league" (the red-headed step child of NPL), little to no relationships with college programs or coaches.

Smithtown-a gateway to guest play for ECNL. The cons-terrible training, very weak NPL league, very few college relationships outside of LIU Post. Had some success with the Hotspurs, but most of those kids had been getting attention in ODP for years and the top kids from that team are now at Alby.

Pick your poison...
                            With SUSA the infrastructure I was talking about was more related to the fact that they are partnered with clubs that are no where near each other and no centrally located fields that they control to make it all work smoothly. The same team might training in Bayport one night, then Dix Hills another night and then a third location another night. And those teams are still to some extent really Dix Hills teams, Commack teams, Bayport teams, etc. instead of having something resembling an A, B, C team type setup that an organization that size needs to function properly they instead have a number of little fiefdom's within the program where coaches compete with each other for players. If and when they get the Central Islip fields up and running a lot of that will become easier to overcome but right now they are all over the place.

And it doesn't help that SUSA is locked out of ECNL, DA and GDA and haven't fully established themselves to regularly be accepted to the really high end tournaments nationwide. I think that they'll get there but it's going to take a few more years.

Comment

Where will they be located?
                              As of now FC Barcelona is vaporware though the rumor I heard last night had them much further east than I would have expected. We'll see what really happens. I wouldn't worry about them for a few more years.

Comment

Agreed, but I don't see how that affects a discussion about the player pool of GDA or the conversation of GDA vs ECNL. Full disclosure: my kid plays at one of the aforementioned organizations. She is a "top player" there (not due to any backend favors or anything, strictly on her own merit) and looking to go to the "next level" because she's entering her recruiting years and feels NPL may hinder her options. I find all this discussion helpful, even the ugly...
                                Top player based on what ? That's the problem with most parents ... all their kids are top players. Their should be not problem filling the player pool. You can as many GDA's as you want.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X