Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Island SC welcomes Massapequa SC as an Associate Member Club

I'm sure Larry will trash the idea of partnering with a pro club backed academy!

http://longislandsc.com/long-island-...e-member-club/

PLAINVIEW, N.Y. (Monday, May 22, 2017) – Long Island SC, a member of the U.S. Soccer Girls’ Development Academy, is pleased today to announce Massapequa Soccer Club as an Associate Member Club.

Massapequa SC will act as Long Island SC player identification partner within the central area of Long Island responsible for identifying, evaluating and recommending the top elite players from their community and surrounding areas to the Girls’ Development Academy.

“Massapequa Soccer Club has a storied history on Long Island and embodies the Girls’ Development Academy mission for developing top level players,” Long Island SC Technical Staff member Tarl Smith said. “We are excited to add Massapequa SC as an Associate Member Club and to include Richard Nuttall to the Technical Staff.”

Nuttall is in his 29th year at the helm of the Hofstra University men’s soccer program and has been the Director of Coaching for the Massapequa SC for the past six years. A native of South Yorkshire, England, Nuttall played with Leeds United and Stoke City of the English Football League. He is an English FA licensed coach.

In addition to his roles at Massapequa SC and Hofstra, Nuttall joins Long Island SC as a Technical Staff member responsible for overseeing and recommending players from Massapequa SC to Long Island SC and the Girls’ Development Academy.

“It is incredibly exciting for Massapequa Soccer Club to be partnering with Long Island SC,” Nuttall said. “The U.S. Soccer Girls’ Development Academy is a terrific opportunity for female players in Massapequa, Nassau County and all of Long Island. I am excited and look forward to providing a clear pathway for players to reach the highest pinnacle in girls’ soccer.”

Players interested in being evaluated for Long Island SC and the Girls’ Development Academy may register online at longislandsc.com/trials. Questions pertaining to Long Island SC and the Girls’ Development Academy should be directed by email at info@longislandsc.com or by phone at 516.622.3900 ext. 3.

For information on the Massapequa Soccer Club, visit www.massapequasc.com.

That is exciting news but I don't interpret it to be saying that MSC is sending entire teams to the gda.

It would be unlikely that there would be consensus from an entire team that every player would want to commit to the requirements of the gda.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I'm sure Larry will trash the idea of partnering with a pro club backed academy!

http://longislandsc.com/long-island-...e-member-club/

PLAINVIEW, N.Y. (Monday, May 22, 2017) – Long Island SC, a member of the U.S. Soccer Girls’ Development Academy, is pleased today to announce Massapequa Soccer Club as an Associate Member Club.

Massapequa SC will act as Long Island SC player identification partner within the central area of Long Island responsible for identifying, evaluating and recommending the top elite players from their community and surrounding areas to the Girls’ Development Academy.

“Massapequa Soccer Club has a storied history on Long Island and embodies the Girls’ Development Academy mission for developing top level players,” Long Island SC Technical Staff member Tarl Smith said. “We are excited to add Massapequa SC as an Associate Member Club and to include Richard Nuttall to the Technical Staff.”

Nuttall is in his 29th year at the helm of the Hofstra University men’s soccer program and has been the Director of Coaching for the Massapequa SC for the past six years. A native of South Yorkshire, England, Nuttall played with Leeds United and Stoke City of the English Football League. He is an English FA licensed coach.

In addition to his roles at Massapequa SC and Hofstra, Nuttall joins Long Island SC as a Technical Staff member responsible for overseeing and recommending players from Massapequa SC to Long Island SC and the Girls’ Development Academy.

“It is incredibly exciting for Massapequa Soccer Club to be partnering with Long Island SC,” Nuttall said. “The U.S. Soccer Girls’ Development Academy is a terrific opportunity for female players in Massapequa, Nassau County and all of Long Island. I am excited and look forward to providing a clear pathway for players to reach the highest pinnacle in girls’ soccer.”

Players interested in being evaluated for Long Island SC and the Girls’ Development Academy may register online at longislandsc.com/trials. Questions pertaining to Long Island SC and the Girls’ Development Academy should be directed by email at info@longislandsc.com or by phone at 516.622.3900 ext. 3.

For information on the Massapequa Soccer Club, visit www.massapequasc.com.
      It's official! GDA on LI is a joke!

Comment

It's official! GDA on LI is a joke!
        Thanks Larry, I'll take NYCFC over Surf and SUSA.

Comment

Thanks Larry, I'll take NYCFC over Surf and SUSA.
          Im not Larry, just an actual LI parent who realizes what a joke this is. Massapequa' girls teams (with the exception of maybe 1) are essentially cellar dwellers in NPL, yet this is a club you believe should be the backbone of a development academy? Really? Gimme a break!

Please explain what it is that makes you believe a club who: circles the drain in just about every age group in NPL, can't even field a 2nd team at U12 and is based in a community that has the strongest HS program in the state...is a great selection to be handed a 3rd hand development academy. The only people who are truly excited about this are you and Fury FC, who now know for sure they will attract ALL the actual NT caliber players.

Comment

Im not Larry, just an actual LI parent who realizes what a joke this is. Massapequa' girls teams (with the exception of maybe 1) are essentially cellar dwellers in NPL, yet this is a club you believe should be the backbone of a development academy? Really? Gimme a break!

Please explain what it is that makes you believe a club who: circles the drain in just about every age group in NPL, can't even field a 2nd team at U12 and is based in a community that has the strongest HS program in the state...is a great selection to be handed a 3rd hand development academy. The only people who are truly excited about this are you and Fury FC, who now know for sure they will attract ALL the actual NT caliber players.
            What use is it for Fury or any other team to attract all the strong players? Who will they compete against? The academy would have worked best if there were strong gdas serving all the distinct geographic areas in the metro area and the other gda markets.

Comment

What use is it for Fury or any other team to attract all the strong players? Who will they compete against? The academy would have worked best if there were strong gdas serving all the distinct geographic areas in the metro area and the other gda markets.
              Because USSF just wants to steal as much market share as they can from ECNL they're taking many questionable clubs into the system. There will also be questionable coaches and players as well because 1) hardly any coaches will meet licensing requirements out of the gate; it takes quite a long time b) if even half the top ECNL players come over that leaves the other half to be filled with players who couldn't make ECNL before, are pushed into by their parents or just hate their HS program. Not a success recipe all around.

Comment

Us soccer could have just started an academy for the girls when they did so for the boys and avoided this mess.

Comment

Fury will "compete" against the 7 other clubs in the NE conference. My point is there was never a need for 2 DAs on LI. The amount of extremely high level talent just doesn't warrant 2. I have 2 girls playing and can honestly say I have not seen 44 players in either one of their age groups that should be on USSF's radar. Handing a low-level, underperforming NPL club the reigns to spearhead a GDA is beyond absurd, in complete opposition to what USSF claimed were GDA founding principles and quite honestly a recipe for embarrassment.

No self-respecting "top player" will align themselves with LISC, so at least Fury will attract the lion's share of talent and can provide an environment where these kids can train and play with similar levels of talent and motivation.

Comment

Fury will "compete" against the 7 other clubs in the NE conference. My point is there was never a need for 2 DAs on LI. The amount of extremely high level talent just doesn't warrant 2. I have 2 girls playing and can honestly say I have not seen 44 players in either one of their age groups that should be on USSF's radar. Handing a low-level, underperforming NPL club the reigns to spearhead a GDA is beyond absurd, in complete opposition to what USSF claimed were GDA founding principles and quite honestly a recipe for embarrassment.

No self-respecting "top player" will align themselves with LISC, so at least Fury will attract the lion's share of talent and can provide an environment where these kids can train and play with similar levels of talent and motivation.
                    You are ignoring the geographical reality of the large size of long island. A player can only participate in an academy they can access.

Comment

At the pace they are going, LISC is not going to be able to field teams for 2017-2018. They have already lost interested players as they commit to real options. They have yet to communicate any information to parents regarding the structure. Even if they do scrape something together, it certainly is not going to be what it should be.

Comment

Who knows. So many players are cut out entirely by the time and cost burdens of these types of leagues. There was indication of US soccer seeing this problem and providing some relief but that does not seem to be the case.

Comment

Fury DA for 2017-2018 is also in serious doubt at this point.

Comment

You are ignoring the geographical reality of the large size of long island. A player can only participate in an academy they can access.
                            I understand what you're saying but I guess that's part of the issue. If the kid is truly NT caliber, sclepping to Bayshore or Brentwood or Huntington or wherever Fury is planting it's flag, wouldn't be that great of a sacrifice because the payoff of achieving a true level of elite play would be worth it.

Currently there are several East End Suffolk players traveling well over an hour to play on ECNL teams and there are players from Nassau traveling to NJ to play for PDA ECNL, these are kids who are truly committed, shouldn't kids who want to play with the supposed "best of the best" be as equally committed?

Comment

Us soccer could have just started an academy for the girls when they did so for the boys and avoided this mess.
                              They didn't care about girls then. They still don't, just the handful that win trophies and bring in ad dollars.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X