Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Stars NH

I am curious about this club (on the girls side) as options to Seacoast and GPS NH. They seem to be having some success and have been able to hold teams together so far.

Does anyone out there have any first hand knowledge or experience they would be willing to share? I.e. Which coaches are the better ones? What is the level of play like at the high school level? Can the club get kids who want to play in college to that level? Is NEP top division seen as a huge step down from NPL?

heard the 00's are done for after this season...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      After they drive 800 miles to play in West Virginia?
      https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...&eventid=54023

Comment

Well that makes sense since many/most are Juniors this year... Keeping things real here... No reason to play Spring of Senior year.

Comment

Well that makes sense since many/most are Juniors this year... Keeping things real here... No reason to play Spring of Senior year.
          actually, on my sons 00 team, most are sophomores. But why not play spring of senior year....our club has a 98, 99 and 00 teams right now!

Comment

actually, on my sons 00 team, most are sophomores. But why not play spring of senior year....our club has a 98, 99 and 00 teams right now!
            Oh ok... I guess it depends on the makeup of team (whether they are majority sophomores or juniors as 00's) As for playing spring of Senior year, depending on college plans, jobs, proms, graduations, etc... If they play soccer it's much less of a priority.

Comment

I am curious as to how you feel that Stars NH are holding it together. They have a very good 2001 team that is a mix of the 2001 and 2002s. They have no team at 2002 and their 2003s are playing in League One which is borderline rec level soccer. Outside of the one good team that went to nationals last year before the age split, their NH program leaves much to be desired and is why we left.

I am curious about this club (on the girls side) as options to Seacoast and GPS NH. They seem to be having some success and have been able to hold teams together so far.

Does anyone out there have any first hand knowledge or experience they would be willing to share? I.e. Which coaches are the better ones? What is the level of play like at the high school level? Can the club get kids who want to play in college to that level? Is NEP top division seen as a huge step down from NPL?

Comment

We have had a good experience with the Stars. The younger boys teams are also doing well. We like the coaches, the training, they opportunities to play with other Stars teams.

Comment

We have had a good experience with the Stars. The younger boys teams are also doing well. We like the coaches, the training, they opportunities to play with other Stars teams.
                  Cool. OP asked about girls.

Comment

Cool, we have a daughter and a son in the program. Just thought I would point that out. Overall we like our experience. If you left you must not have. No need to be a jerk.

Comment

Cool, we have a daughter and a son in the program. Just thought I would point that out. Overall we like our experience. If you left you must not have. No need to be a jerk.
                      Even cooler, why don't you comment on the girls program specifically. You seem to have some first-hand experience, so pass it along to the rest of us. What age? How are they doing? What's the coaching like? I personally like TK, is he the coach? Winning games? Kids getting better?

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Even cooler, why don't you comment on the girls program specifically. You seem to have some first-hand experience, so pass it along to the rest of us. What age? How are they doing? What's the coaching like? I personally like TK, is he the coach? Winning games? Kids getting better?
                          You seem to want to pick apart the Stars. I wouldn't give personally identifiable information on TS, if you left you probably know us! I will say we like all of our coaches, many with college/ private school experience and connections. We like the extra trainings and opportunities. I see improvement every year. TK is a good guy.

Comment

You seem to want to pick apart the Stars. I wouldn't give personally identifiable information on TS, if you left you probably know us! I will say we like all of our coaches, many with college/ private school experience and connections. We like the extra trainings and opportunities. I see improvement every year. TK is a good guy.
                            No, not at all. I've never been a part of the program.

I was just making a comment that someone wanted first hand knowledge of the GIRLS program, and you have been reluctant to provide any.

Comment

No, not at all. I've never been a part of the program.

I was just making a comment that someone wanted first hand knowledge of the GIRLS program, and you have been reluctant to provide any.
                              I just did, great program. great college prep, great opportunities for players that want more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X