Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look at all the bright people on this forum ..... Who cares as a parent I hope both programs are offered near me locally so we have a choice turds..... Competition is the best choice in America its the only way to make it great again lib turds!
    Depending on the age of your player it may be too little too late. If GDA becomes #1/the most competitive league it will take a few years. If the boys side are any indication it will take even longer for coaches to get the required licenses. So for now it's the same clubs, same coaches.

Comment

Look at all the bright people on this forum ..... Who cares as a parent I hope both programs are offered near me locally so we have a choice turds..... Competition is the best choice in America its the only way to make it great again lib turds!
      You want a choice in turds? I think you may have a fetish Dr. Freud.

Comment

You want a choice in turds? I think you may have a fetish Dr. Freud.
        I kind of agree with this poster will call him Dr. Hemroids

Comment

ECNL for days! DA is ____

Comment

ECNL for south Florida for Buys and Girls is a must !

Comment

ECNL for south Florida for Buys and Girls is a must !
              The DA for girls doesn't make any sense $$$$

Comment

if they merged would it be DA NL?

Comment

if they merged would it be DA NL?
                  Or backwards L NAD's adding the 's

Comment

The DA for girls doesn't make any sense $$$$
                    Unless the DA is in an area of the country that is a hotbed for talent and the area clubs around them all support the DA and send the DA their best players the DA is nothing more than a Recreational Level club! Also Unless the DA is a club that has proven trainers and coaches who have proven they can train players to compete and win at the highest level they aren't really a DA. Thats the problem with some of the DA's. They plain and simply suck!

Comment

Unless the DA is in an area of the country that is a hotbed for talent and the area clubs around them all support the DA and send the DA their best players the DA is nothing more than a Recreational Level club! Also Unless the DA is a club that has proven trainers and coaches who have proven they can train players to compete and win at the highest level they aren't really a DA. Thats the problem with some of the DA's. They plain and simply suck!
                      You do have a point!

Comment

In all honesty when is all this madness going to end? There is enough quality soccer in FLA to keep teams from having to travel the insane amount teams are traveling now. A couple of national showcases or tournaments are fine, but traveling 8+ hours for a league game is crazy! Especially when some of the teams that are doing this extreme travel are B-level teams. Rather than spending the money on travel just invest in coach education and coach/club oversight and play the games in state. Improve the quality of the coaching and league play in FLA. The ECNL, NPL, USYS national and regional leagues are killing the game. I get the DA to an extent on the male side, but I think the GDA is going to hurt the women's game. I think more girls are going to move to girls lax. Many parents are stressing financially as well as committing a ton of time to travel, and that is going to negatively impact the player pool. Sports like baseball, softball and lax don’t have the travel and expense, so parents are pulling their kids out of soccer and into other sports. US Soccer put out a recent report showing a significant drop in kids playing soccer. The cost and travel associated with youth travel soccer will kill the sport in the US.

Comment

In all honesty when is all this madness going to end? There is enough quality soccer in FLA to keep teams from having to travel the insane amount teams are traveling now. A couple of national showcases or tournaments are fine, but traveling 8+ hours for a league game is crazy! Especially when some of the teams that are doing this extreme travel are B-level teams. Rather than spending the money on travel just invest in coach education and coach/club oversight and play the games in state. Improve the quality of the coaching and league play in FLA. The ECNL, NPL, USYS national and regional leagues are killing the game. I get the DA to an extent on the male side, but I think the GDA is going to hurt the women's game. I think more girls are going to move to girls lax. Many parents are stressing financially as well as committing a ton of time to travel, and that is going to negatively impact the player pool. Sports like baseball, softball and lax don’t have the travel and expense, so parents are pulling their kids out of soccer and into other sports. US Soccer put out a recent report showing a significant drop in kids playing soccer. The cost and travel associated with youth travel soccer will kill the sport in the US.
                          I agree that a whole revamping of the system is needed. Those clubs without DA and ECNL should try a new approach of investing in coaches and player development. Foot skills , foot skills , foot skills, drills , drills, drills in situations to apply in games if the clubs in close proximity will agree to play another.

Comment

Unfortunately the money train has left the station. Money and travel is endemic in all sports now. Massive parental egos and illusions of college scholarships are the engineers. Only when parents, in massive numbers, start saying NO will it start to change. I just don't see that happening, however. But each family can still say no. As the parent you call the shots. Especially at tryout time it's good to take a step back and re-evaluate where things are going and if it all makes sense. Listen to and observe your kids also. If they're complaining about practices or games, there's a reason for it.

Comment

I don't know the reason that other DA's are weak but I can tell you this is the exact reason why Boca United will is and will be a complete flop as a DA. They don't have one other good club in there area that sends top players to them. In fact its the opposite. More good players leave Boca united and go to other area clubs than the reverse. Boca united just merged with Boynton Knights because they were told if they wanted to even keep the DA they had to have better facilities and thats the reason they went soliciting Boynton, not to get their weak players. Boca united was a joke in ECNL and they will be an even weaker DA. The sad part is there will be some parents who think their kid needs to be at a DA and send their kids to Boca only to find out that they ruined their kids. US Soccer is making the same mistake as ECNL did and haven't had their eyes open. Just because a club has a former national team player running it doesn't mean they have any idea how to run a club. Boca united is a rec club with a very poor staff that has a DA and thats a sad statement for the US Soccer Academy program.

Comment

I don't know the reason that other DA's are weak but I can tell you this is the exact reason why Boca United will is and will be a complete flop as a DA. They don't have one other good club in there area that sends top players to them. In fact its the opposite. More good players leave Boca united and go to other area clubs than the reverse. Boca united just merged with Boynton Knights because they were told if they wanted to even keep the DA they had to have better facilities and thats the reason they went soliciting Boynton, not to get their weak players. Boca united was a joke in ECNL and they will be an even weaker DA. The sad part is there will be some parents who think their kid needs to be at a DA and send their kids to Boca only to find out that they ruined their kids. US Soccer is making the same mistake as ECNL did and haven't had their eyes open. Just because a club has a former national team player running it doesn't mean they have any idea how to run a club. Boca united is a rec club with a very poor staff that has a DA and thats a sad statement for the US Soccer Academy program.
                                Have to start GDA somewhere like at IMG and Clay.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X