Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Boys and girls have different considerations given widely different potential outcomes (more college money for girls; more career potential for boys), but agree that there will be a transition period for both new leagues. But i think the bigger difference is what they're trying to be- GDAP is trying to supplant ECNL as top league- given it's support from the top, one would think it has a pretty good shot. Boys ENCL is trying to be the 2nd league- an alternative to DA- so seems like NPL is the one who would be dented/supplanted (except that its from the same people and really is just a wider NPL).
    For sure NPL takes a hit

Comment

I agree with your post, but realistically what sort of career potential is there for boys? Coaching?
      While the money is no where near equivalent the career options are really brighter for the women because as we have seen with all of the defections overseas the Europeans are really going after them with abandon.

Comment

While the money is no where near equivalent the career options are really brighter for the women because as we have seen with all of the defections overseas the Europeans are really going after them with abandon.
        It's still very, very, very limited. So is the money.

Comment

European clubs are going after select USWNT stars ... talk about winning the lottery

Way more opportunities for US male pros

Comment

European clubs are going after select USWNT stars ... talk about winning the lottery

Way more opportunities for US male pros
            You are not paying attention.The NWSL teams are experiencing a serious talent drain because all sorts of players are leaving for European clubs because of the gross compensation imbalance that exists.

Comment

You are not paying attention.The NWSL teams are experiencing a serious talent drain because all sorts of players are leaving for European clubs because of the gross compensation imbalance that exists.
              Indeed, but you are only talking about handful of players each year.

Comment

Indeed, but you are only talking about handful of players each year.
                On some teams its 4-5 players and generally as you would expect they all are at the top end of the roster. A significant chunk of the national team starters are overseas now. You even had draft prospects this year that either chose to skip the draft or once drafted chose to sign over seas. The point being was that there is a serious talent drain.

Comment

And this relates to boys ECNL, how?

Comment

And this relates to boys ECNL, how?
                    How BDA isn't getting the job done and truly talented players are starting to look elsewhere? Another reason why boys ECNL will at least take a chunk out of BDA - more and more are disillusioned at the very top and very bottom - even in the middle.

Comment

How BDA isn't getting the job done and truly talented players are starting to look elsewhere? Another reason why boys ECNL will at least take a chunk out of BDA - more and more are disillusioned at the very top and very bottom - even in the middle.
                      The DA parents I share the sideline with aren't particularly happy about things.

Comment

The DA parents I share the sideline with aren't particularly happy about things.
                        The introduction of GDA and now boys ECNL has lead to more reassessing what they want, what's the best path, what's the role of HS sports in their lives etc. It's great for the consumer/player to have more choices but will just water down the mess we have already even more. Then in a few years there will be another shakeup and the flounder-cycle will continue.

Comment

Oh I am paying attention. You are overstating the case.

Most of the defections are key USWNT members due to the CBA expiration. Furthermore they are expected back.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b82fca24e33d

Comment

Unhappiness with DA takes many forms - any one or all can apply

- lack of PT
                            - disappointment in training
                            - travel/commitment
                            - missing HS sports
                            - college placements sometimes no different than high level club players

It all leads to some folks questioning if it's worth it

Comment

Exactly. Boys ECNL is no nirvana. It's just another league with more travel

It's no different to Region 1 or National League.

It will not have a discernible impact on DAP. It may impact other NPL leagues and USYS offerings but that's about it

ECNL had a reason to exist on the girls side as there was no DA for the best. But come, ECNL on the boys just creates more confusion and really, do we need another. But NPL and ECNL are run by US Club Soccer, so not I'm confused by these two existed together. I still kind of like good ole USYS and State Cup. Making the National League meants something, now ECNL, NPL or whatever...all mushed up. DA, playing at the highest level will mean something. I just wish that Top Drawer Soccer would start rating players according to the level of the league....I see three star players ranked that are half the talent of a starting DA player...how does this company exist and why do they have so much power.

Comment

ECNL had a reason to exist on the girls side as there was no DA for the best. But come, ECNL on the boys just creates more confusion and really, do we need another. But NPL and ECNL are run by US Club Soccer, so not I'm confused by these two existed together. I still kind of like good ole USYS and State Cup. Making the National League meants something, now ECNL, NPL or whatever...all mushed up. DA, playing at the highest level will mean something. I just wish that Top Drawer Soccer would start rating players according to the level of the league....I see three star players ranked that are half the talent of a starting DA player...how does this company exist and why do they have so much power.
                                It's all about power, market share and money. USSF made the move to kill off girls ECNL with GDA so Club Soccer responded in kind. In a few years there will some other new league, or one drops out or....nothing stays static, or rational

TDS is a separate issue and its rankings are not only inaccurate and exclusionary, but also not relevant to most college coaches. College coaches know what the top leagues are, but not playing in a top league won't necessarily preclude you from getting looks either

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X