Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So who seems to be the best team that you have seen down there?
    Not there. This is a Westside honk enjoying the weekend off, looking at the scores posted on the USSDA website.

And no, I'm not enjoying the results--Oregon youth soccer has a ways to go, though given our population base, I'm not sure we'll ever be consistently competitive in such tournaments. We'll have our turn in February when we go to VEGAS BABY!, and I'm sure there will be a few beatdowns given to us.

Comment

CFC parent here. I can tell you that LA United Futbol Academy is an OUTSTANDING team. The humbled us 9-0 and then proceeded to do the same to FCP 8-1. Fast, strong boys, all with excellent first touches. They also beat the LA Galaxy Academy team last week 5-1.

Comment

And no, I'm not enjoying the results--Oregon youth soccer has a ways to go, though given our population base, I'm not sure we'll ever be consistently competitive in such tournaments.
        Maybe make one or two decent teams rather than sending a bunch of parents and kids looking for "a great experience with friends." Might surprise you what can be accomplished.

Comment

Maybe make one or two decent teams rather than sending a bunch of parents and kids looking for "a great experience with friends." Might surprise you what can be accomplished.
          You and possibly others like you, seem to make comments lime these often. I noticed Crossfire hasn't lost. Sure, they have played 2 games and if the scores that poster put on here are accurate, then they have only scored 1 goal, but they have not lost. Albion is a San Diego team and Silicone Valley is North Cal team. Give them some credit. Give all of them some credit.

Does it make you feel better about you miserable, nasty experience to be negative and marginalize what these teams try? I am sure you are a Westside parent, and are "Enjoying taking the weekend off," but really? I can promise you this, you would rather have your son set bar high, and miss....rather than set the bar low and make it. Eff off mate, and get behind kids soccer.

Comment

Not there. This is a Westside honk enjoying the weekend off, looking at the scores posted on the USSDA website.

And no, I'm not enjoying the results--Oregon youth soccer has a ways to go, though given our population base, I'm not sure we'll ever be consistently competitive in such tournaments. We'll have our turn in February when we go to VEGAS BABY!, and I'm sure there will be a few beatdowns given to us.
            I will only say this once (and I am sure the rest of the Oregon teams will agree)- we can't wait until it's our turn in the order to give you another beat down. Your smug attitude and self righteous attitude is deplorable and you need to look in the mirror and figure out why you feel the urge to be a constant azzhole and so negative....

Comment

I can promise you this, you would rather have your son set bar high, and miss....rather than set the bar low and make it
              You got that right, and have pretty much summed up the problem we have here.

Comment

Hands down best two teams are LAFC and San Jose Earthquakes. They play today in an absolute marquee matchup.

The 3-0 score against PTfC doesn’t tell the story of how awesome LAFC really is.

Comment

You and possibly others like you, seem to make comments lime these often. I noticed Crossfire hasn't lost. Sure, they have played 2 games and if the scores that poster put on here are accurate, then they have only scored 1 goal, but they have not lost. Albion is a San Diego team and Silicone Valley is North Cal team. Give them some credit. Give all of them some credit.

Does it make you feel better about you miserable, nasty experience to be negative and marginalize what these teams try? I am sure you are a Westside parent, and are "Enjoying taking the weekend off," but really? I can promise you this, you would rather have your son set bar high, and miss....rather than set the bar low and make it. Eff off mate, and get behind kids soccer.
                  OP is right!!!!! You on the other hand are a pshycho. Shut up and go get some In N Out.
                  Oregon soccer is embarrassingly bad. The coaches around here should be sweating it. It all be based on "low population." Thats only half an excuse.

Crossfire hasn't lost because they matched them against crappy teams because they have a crappy history and are peaking at the right time. Trust me, I am rooting for them, but keep it real.

Comment

I will only say this once (and I am sure the rest of the Oregon teams will agree)- we can't wait until it's our turn in the order to give you another beat down. Your smug attitude and self righteous attitude is deplorable and you need to look in the mirror and figure out why you feel the urge to be a constant azzhole and so negative....
                    Did you read what was written?

It said "I'm NOT enjoying this", not "I AM enjoying this". In other words, no satisfaction is derived from watching other Oregon teams get clobbered.

We've got a small talent pool. SoCal probably has 20 teams that can whip our state's best, and NorCal probably has another dozen. Don't pretend otherwise. Westside isn't exempt from that. Not last year, and not this year.

Comment

At least the Westside parent had the balls to identify what club he’s from. I didn’t read it that he was enjoying seeing Oregon teams lose. More so that Oregon as a whole is far behind the curve which was pretty obvious from what we saw yesterday. What club are you from? We’ve all been watching you visciously attack Westside for months. You seem to enjoy venting all your negativity towards one club. I’m guessing FC Portland?

Comment

OP is right!!!!! You on the other hand are a pshycho. Shut up and go get some In N Out.
                        Oregon soccer is embarrassingly bad. The coaches around here should be sweating it. It all be based on "low population." Thats only half an excuse.

Crossfire hasn't lost because they matched them against crappy teams because they have a crappy history and are peaking at the right time. Trust me, I am rooting for them, but keep it real.
                        You are an idiot-

Albion is a successful so cal team and was a very big aggressive and talented team with a forward that was as big and fast and technical as any other kid here. I am not a crossfire parent but have watched a part of several of the other Oregon teams. the athleticism of crossfire is what seems to have saved them so far as most of the Oregon teams can't keep up with the size and speed that comes in waves from the benches of these deep California teams. Crossfire seems to have packed it in and they have played very good organized defense when I watched which is why they have managed to tie both games. Some teams have played some other great teams, but as a whole take nothing away from them they have earned some respect

Comment

At least the Westside parent had the balls to identify what club he’s from. I didn’t read it that he was enjoying seeing Oregon teams lose. More so that Oregon as a whole is far behind the curve which was pretty obvious from what we saw yesterday. What club are you from? We’ve all been watching you visciously attack Westside for months. You seem to enjoy venting all your negativity towards one club. I’m guessing FC Portland?
                          Or WashT or Crossfire. The FC contingent seems to be more well-behaved this year, perhaps because a toxic parent moved on. At least one of the WashT parents here has identified themselves as a Westside hater, and it's right after matches against Crossfire that we see rude remarks about the appearance of the parents on our sideline posted in this forum.

Both Westside and FC lost a lot of players to TA, so find themselves in a similar boat.

Comment

Crossfire parent here- you seem to be able to work the google machine, go check Albion's record in so cal (they have a winning record). They were a great team (the best we have faced) and our boys played a great game and got a save on a pk to get a draw. We gave away Silicon Valley game.

Comment

Crossfire parent here- you seem to be able to work the google machine, go check Albion's record in so cal (they have a winning record). They were a great team (the best we have faced) and our boys played a great game and got a save on a pk to get a draw. We gave away Silicon Valley game.
                              Crossfire is doing well and should be proud.

Comment

What are DA teams doing playing two matches in one day? I thought that was a no-no. Apparently, DA fixtures are somehow exempt from that rule.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X