Nh odp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The winter training at the dome is decent and relatively inexpensive. Just pass on the state team and the ridiculously high fees associated.

Comment

Complete waste of time and money. Coaching is mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I heard GPS tells their players not to bother with ODP. I'm sure Seacoast does the same. That would leave NWC and town players as the majority. Should be a fun regional camp for NH teams.
        Never heard anyone from GPS say this and we have been there for 5+ years with multiple players.

My experience is that for most of the families have experienced ODP had done it for one year and found it to be an expense that is not needed based on paying the high club fees and getting better training and competition at their club.

Comment

Never heard anyone from GPS say this and we have been there for 5+ years with multiple players.

My experience is that for most of the families have experienced ODP had done it for one year and found it to be an expense that is not needed based on paying the high club fees and getting better training and competition at their club.
          Same with us.

We toyed with the idea but honestly with all the commitments, futsal, etc. there's just no time.

Comment

My son plays for an NPL club team, and he played for the NH ODP team. His NPL club team is in fact better (more skilled) than the state ODP team. However, my son was named to the ODP Region 1 player pool. At the "call back camp" for pool players the quality of play was truly stellar... some of the best youth soccer I've seen. So perhaps the NH team ODP is not quite on par with NPL clubs... but it is a different story if your son/daughter advances to the regional pool.

Comment

ODP feedback spring 2017

We participated and it was a very negative experience. Practice constantly cancelled, extreme lack of communication, many recreational players making the roster. We lost a few of our best players right before the tournament. NEP clubs in NH do not encourage players to participate in ODP. Now NH is getting into more NPL teams, which also shy away from ODP due to schedule conflicts and their poor reputation. This results in teams that are not competitive. All NH teams performed poorly at the tournament. NH ODP is primarily based on making money, and not focused on player development or identification.

Comment

Just reiterated what I thought initially. ODP's ship as a viable, worthwhile program sailed over a decade ago.

Comment

We participated and it was a very negative experience. Practice constantly cancelled, extreme lack of communication, many recreational players making the roster. We lost a few of our best players right before the tournament. NEP clubs in NH do not encourage players to participate in ODP. Now NH is getting into more NPL teams, which also shy away from ODP due to schedule conflicts and their poor reputation. This results in teams that are not competitive. All NH teams performed poorly at the tournament. NH ODP is primarily based on making money, and not focused on player development or identification.
                  Agree. You are better off in a higher level club team than participating in ODP. At this point, the sense is that ODP is mainly attractive to town team players looking to supplement their training. If my assessment is correct (I can't say for sure) and your kid isn't going to be on a decent club team, at this point there are likely better training options for your kid (other than ODP).

Comment

The program is a shell of itself as someone mentioned. The fact that they allow Mass residents to play, shows their numbers are low.

Comment

The program is a shell of itself as someone mentioned. The fact that they allow Mass residents to play, shows their numbers are low.
                      So kids who don't make the Mass ODP can come up to NH to tryout for the program? That says a lot.

Comment

So kids who don't make the Mass ODP can come up to NH to tryout for the program? That says a lot.
                        And NH kids can play for MA ODP....

Comment

My pet peave is that they allow international players to join ODP

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X