Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    USSF is really only concerned with finding the top 2% of soccer players. To do this they need a league that limits traveling and expenses on the clubs. They also want to ensure they have geographic coverage to not miss any of the 2%. To accomplish this the create a larger dispersed league. What you have in reality is a league of have and have nots.

In the Boys DAP the haves are the MLS clubs and the have nots are the non MLS clubs. In GDA the haves will be the powerhouse ECNL clubs and the have nots will be everyone else. USSF doesn't really care about great teams or even parity if the can uncover that 2%
    The haves will be the clubs that have teams in higher level divisions. They will be able to promote the best young players into NWSL, or WPSL teams for development.

Comment

Is there a sub rule for ECNL?

Training and sitting on the GDA bench doesn't sound like much fun.

Comment

The haves will be the clubs that have teams in higher level divisions. They will be able to promote the best young players into NWSL, or WPSL teams for development.
        Girls (and their parents) don't care about that. They care about college. Clubs that help them land in top programs and academic schools will be the winners. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy - weaker clubs don't have as strong placement records, so the better talent won't go there, making teams weaker still.

Comment

Is there a sub rule for ECNL?

Training and sitting on the GDA bench doesn't sound like much fun.
          My understanding is that there is not-or at least it's very liberal. Being able to sub in all your players is important for getting them seen by college coaches (either at regular games or showcases). I have a DA player and more than once we've had coaches come to watch certain players and the players sat. Needless to say it can kill the opportunity. These were players who, while quite good, weren't as good as many teammates. If they had done EDP they'd be studs on those teams, playing all the time and still finding college opportunities, even if they might not be "top" programs. At least once a player was being "punished" for missing another game for SAT testing. Yes, sh** like that happens.

Comment

My understanding is that there is not-or at least it's very liberal. Being able to sub in all your players is important for getting them seen by college coaches (either at regular games or showcases). I have a DA player and more than once we've had coaches come to watch certain players and the players sat. Needless to say it can kill the opportunity. These were players who, while quite good, weren't as good as many teammates. If they had done EDP they'd be studs on those teams, playing all the time and still finding college opportunities, even if they might not be "top" programs. At least once a player was being "punished" for missing another game for SAT testing. Yes, sh** like that happens.
            In ECNL you cannot re-enter in the same half in which you were subbed. 30 player max roster (unusual to have that many) with 18 player max match roster (this is only limit on number of subs).

Comment

In ECNL you cannot re-enter in the same half in which you were subbed. 30 player max roster (unusual to have that many) with 18 player max match roster (this is only limit on number of subs).
              How are college coaches going to see non-game playing GDA players? Not all of the GDA players are going to the WNT.

Comment

How are college coaches going to see non-game playing GDA players? Not all of the GDA players are going to the WNT.
                Generally in showcase tournaments, everyone starts at least one game so that they can be seen by colleges. The showcases are where the majority of girls are identified.

Comment

Generally in showcase tournaments, everyone starts at least one game so that they can be seen by colleges. The showcases are where the majority of girls are identified.
                  Not the case in DA .. All you are promised is the minimum play time

Comment

http://www.soccerwire.com/notes/pitt...-ecnl-in-2017/

ECNL continues to march on. Taking a boys DAP club

Comment

This is very unprecdented for ECNL to be rolling out these announcements. In the past they announced once a year. I haven't heard of any DA-granted ECNL clubs dropping ECNL to be GDA-only but I'm guessing some will. This could explain why PDA was announced as Sky Blue-PDA and Fury is separate from Albertson.

ECNL is certainly plugging geographical holes. Or increasing revenue by replacing potentially lost revenue with departing clubs.

Comment

This is very unprecdented for ECNL to be rolling out these announcements. In the past they announced once a year. I haven't heard of any DA-granted ECNL clubs dropping ECNL to be GDA-only but I'm guessing some will. This could explain why PDA was announced as Sky Blue-PDA and Fury is separate from Albertson.

ECNL is certainly plugging geographical holes. Or increasing revenue by replacing potentially lost revenue with departing clubs.
                        I was shocked that USSF couldn't covert a boys academy program.

Comment

I was shocked that USSF couldn't covert a boys academy program.
                          I'm not surprised Pittsburgh RDA was named one. Their girls side has been showing up to US Club Regional tournaments for a few years now. They also have a powerhouse club that focuses on 3v3.

Here are the states that do NOT have an ECNL presence (excluding recent announcements):

Alaska
                          Arkansas
                          Delaware
                          Hawaii
                          Iowa
                          Kentucky
                          Louisiana
                          Maine
                          Mississippi
                          Montana
                          North Dakota
                          Nebraska *EGA coming in 2017
                          New Hampshire
                          New Mexico
                          Rhode Island
                          South Dakota
                          Tennessee * TSC coming in 2017
                          Vermont

If I were to place bets on who would get an ECNL nod next I think Hawaii and New Mexico would be at the top of the list. Except that Hawaii travel would be ridiculously expensive. I can't speak for any of the other states except Kentucky. I'm surprised Javanon hasn't gotten one. Lex FC and Kentucky Fire Jrs could be other options.

Comment

"They" being the Pittsburgh area. I can't remember the club's name but we hit them several times and exchanges wins. They have teams that are 3v3 only.

Comment

I'm not surprised Pittsburgh RDA was named one. Their girls side has been showing up to US Club Regional tournaments for a few years now. They also have a powerhouse club that focuses on 3v3.

Here are the states that do NOT have an ECNL presence (excluding recent announcements):

Alaska
                              Arkansas
                              Delaware
                              Hawaii
                              Iowa
                              Kentucky
                              Louisiana
                              Maine
                              Mississippi
                              Montana
                              North Dakota
                              Nebraska *EGA coming in 2017
                              New Hampshire
                              New Mexico
                              Rhode Island
                              South Dakota
                              Tennessee * TSC coming in 2017
                              Vermont

If I were to place bets on who would get an ECNL nod next I think Hawaii and New Mexico would be at the top of the list. Except that Hawaii travel would be ridiculously expensive. I can't speak for any of the other states except Kentucky. I'm surprised Javanon hasn't gotten one. Lex FC and Kentucky Fire Jrs could be other options.
                              GDA is also weak in many of those same areas. If ECNL can create something more visble/less travel that would be a big attraction

Comment

GDA is also weak in many of those same areas. If ECNL can create something more visble/less travel that would be a big attraction
                                I'm not sure girls soccer is any good in those states - or exists at the same level as around here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X