Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Judging from tryouts the ECNL teams are populated with mid-level NPL kids whose parents need validation rather than the top NPL kids or any DAP kids. Season one looks to be a rough one.
    Sorry he didn't make it---

Comment

Four 2005 boys left the top Stars team and chance to play ECNL soccer next year to go play for NEFC NPL team with chance to go DA next year. No matter the amount of money Stars puts into the boys program, they will always be a girls first club.....

Comment

Four 2005 boys left the top Stars team and chance to play ECNL soccer next year to go play for NEFC NPL team with chance to go DA next year. No matter the amount of money Stars puts into the boys program, they will always be a girls first club.....
        NEFC has a 2005 DA team. If these kids didn't make it this year they probably won't make it next year either. Weird move by them.

Comment

Good points unless your kid wants to play at a school far away and play high school soccer. Let's say kid wants to go to school in Arizona or Texas but also wants to play high school soccer ECNL will get more national recruiting exposure than NPL and play high school unlike DA. It's a better fit for some.
          True dat

Comment

True dat
            My kid is a GK which makes recruiting a challenge - it's not easy to find a school you like that also needs a GK for that year and where you're the one they want. He's had to do a very broad search, near and far. Luckily he isn't wedded to staying close to home. A bigger natonal platform will work well for players like him. Sure lots of students stay closer to home but definitely not all. Some find 3 hours by car their limit while others won't blink twice at a 2 hour flight. Boys ECNL is also about creating a strong nationally uniform B league. Npl is all over the board in terms of quality. Some players are also disillusioned with DA. We'll see if it works.

Comment

NEFC has a 2005 DA team. If these kids didn't make it this year they probably won't make it next year either. Weird move by them.
              From the outside, yes, this would be a weird move. From the inside, it is not a weird move if you've seen the state of the Stars boys teams. The ECNL team may have a hard time being competitive and have the pleasure of being in Pennsylvania for these losses.

Comment

From the outside, yes, this would be a weird move. From the inside, it is not a weird move if you've seen the state of the Stars boys teams. The ECNL team may have a hard time being competitive and have the pleasure of being in Pennsylvania for these losses.
                The first mistake those Stars players made was assuming NEFC promotes from within. They had a better chance of making DAP from outside the club than from within. NEFC coaches mostly make initial decisions regarding level and promotion and there is very little movement after that.m, unless from outside.

Comment

Girls ECNL is extraordinarily successful and it is an established platform. So it is not a "new" league but an existing platform where both league games and showcases with up to 50 coaches watching on the sidelines (even if you're not one of the top teams). And you can be a NT level player, or you can just be a regional level player and you'll get really good competition and great college exposure. And you can have a life (sort of). It's just really expensive, won't lie. That's it - it's not a "newfangled" idea. ECNL is a closed league (not anyone can just apply and join), so competition is more consistent than NPL is for girls, each club can only have one ECNL team, and because of their showcases (yes you have to travel sometimes on an aero plane) coaches love it because it is easy on their recruiting budget. Boys ECNL will have the benefit of this platform.

Another poster mentioned that non-DA clubs will be putting A teams in ECNL and they won't be any better than good NPL teams. This is like stating that water is wet. No S*T! This is what all current NPL clubs are doing, unless they have DA. So the challenge of DA clubs is to pull together a competitive team for ECNL that isn't just their former NPL team, but a mix of their DA players who maybe aren't starters, or DA players who want/have to play high school (if they're at that age) or maybe top NPL players, plus talented new players from other clubs. This group will need to compete against the likes of NPL only clubs who are going to nationals in Indiana this year, or winning their regional cups. So that's what Bolts and stars have to do to be competitive in ECNL.

Comment

Move is looking even better with Boys DOC/ECNL coach leaving. Boys program has lost a lot of talented coaches. Some would say that puts the boys program in a state of flux...

Comment

Will Boys ECNL deplete the DA?

Move is looking even better with Boys DOC/ECNL coach leaving.
                      Really true? If so, more info appreciated, please.

Comment

Really true? If so, more info appreciated, please.
                        Yes, it is true. My boy is no longer with Stars but the remaining players informed me the Stars boys DOC and ECNL coach is leaving and relocating. I know the 2005 team is going to be coached by a former GPS coach. I don't know the name. As a former player for the old DOC, I say good riddance.

Comment

Yes, it is true. My boy is no longer with Stars but the remaining players informed me the Stars boys DOC and ECNL coach is leaving and relocating. I know the 2005 team is going to be coached by a former GPS coach. I don't know the name. As a former player for the old DOC, I say good riddance.
                          Is this a recent departure (last few weeks) or from this past spring?

Comment

Since you seem distressed by thus news call the club for more accurate information - op's kid isn't even at the club any longer and teenage boys often don't know what they're talking about (crazy right?)

Comment

The departure was recent. Also, from what I understand and looking at the NPL schedule, the 2005 Stars boys are no longer playing ECNL this year. They are playing NPL instead. It's probably for the best for that team

Comment

The departure was recent. Also, from what I understand and looking at the NPL schedule, the 2005 Stars boys are no longer playing ECNL this year. They are playing NPL instead. It's probably for the best for that team
                                Couldn't they have a team in both leagues

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X