X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone needs to see this

https://sports.yahoo.com/christian-p..._medium=social

So it cherry picks one aspect of Pulisic's upbringing and proclaims that to be the key. The article that it links to is more complete and interesting. Still, none of it is that helpful considering that it is pretty hard to replicate having a father coaching professional indoor soccer and letting the kid tag along, or moving to England for a couple of years. How much of his success is from his own drive, genetics, formal training, non-training, self training, parental attitude, etc... You can't just look at his upbringing and replicate it for all players.

Also, it is a sample size of one verses proven systems like Barcelona and Ajax academies which reliably create professional players with the opposite approach (training in an ultra-competitive academy environment vs being star of a weaker team and not getting locked into a role).

Comment

Cracks me up that they're trying to portray CP as the face of DA and US soccer. His development is so far from typical, on top of genetics and other factors. I hope he succeeds - we need new young talent - but let's not pretend that he's what's coming up the pike from USSF

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So it cherry picks one aspect of Pulisic's upbringing and proclaims that to be the key. The article that it links to is more complete and interesting. Still, none of it is that helpful considering that it is pretty hard to replicate having a father coaching professional indoor soccer and letting the kid tag along, or moving to England for a couple of years. How much of his success is from his own drive, genetics, formal training, non-training, self training, parental attitude, etc... You can't just look at his upbringing and replicate it for all players.

Also, it is a sample size of one verses proven systems like Barcelona and Ajax academies which reliably create professional players with the opposite approach (training in an ultra-competitive academy environment vs being star of a weaker team and not getting locked into a role).
        Totally agree - you get better playing better players. If beating weak players was the key to success I should have left my kid in travel all this time!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X