Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is the problem. You all assume incorrectly build it and they will come. If you look at ECNL the Alby kids were paying $3500-$4000 to PR. Throw in the mandatory tournaments that require air travel and the travel in general there are stories of families paying $6-8k all in.

What they are discovering with GDA now is the pool of players that can afford it and are good enough to play at a high level isn't there. Sure you can find good players and sure you can find parents willing to fund it but having both attributes isn't there to field full teams.

SUSA and most any other club with the proper trainers can apply and get GDA. That doesn't mean they should until they field top teams in all age groups.

Don't ever assume if they got it tomorrow that Kurt Kelly's teams would pack up and abandon him and give up HS sports to head to SUSA or any other club.

This is much harder than people realize and as much as Larry hates it, PR is the only guy with the connection to top players in our area that could pull this off across multiple age groups.

EM was smart to bring in NYCFC but I scratch my head as to why they are being so quiet about it potentially blowing their launch.

This is going to be ugly for years and it isn't clear to me we will have more than PR down the road and our area could support more than one club in this.

What's a high level?

Comment

Here is the problem. You all assume incorrectly build it and they will come. If you look at ECNL the Alby kids were paying $3500-$4000 to PR. Throw in the mandatory tournaments that require air travel and the travel in general there are stories of families paying $6-8k all in.

What they are discovering with GDA now is the pool of players that can afford it and are good enough to play at a high level isn't there. Sure you can find good players and sure you can find parents willing to fund it but having both attributes isn't there to field full teams.

SUSA and most any other club with the proper trainers can apply and get GDA. That doesn't mean they should until they field top teams in all age groups.

Don't ever assume if they got it tomorrow that Kurt Kelly's teams would pack up and abandon him and give up HS sports to head to SUSA or any other club.

This is much harder than people realize and as much as Larry hates it, PR is the only guy with the connection to top players in our area that could pull this off across multiple age groups.

EM was smart to bring in NYCFC but I scratch my head as to why they are being so quiet about it potentially blowing their launch.

This is going to be ugly for years and it isn't clear to me we will have more than PR down the road and our area could support more than one club in this.
      This league is a business and is for players with plenty of disposable income like every other high level youth league in every youth sport. There is nothing to discover here as this has been the situation for years and not a surprise. US soccer has spoken of this problem and supposedly was to try to address it with the GDA. Go figure.

Comment

Larry continues to tick off readers...no woder traffic is way down.

Poster: Maybe if the local clubs and academies did a better job people wouldn't be so willing to jump to the next new thing. Comprende?

LM: Maybe if your child was a better athletes the local clubs and academies would be sufficient enough for you so you wouldn't have to face the harsh reality of your child's limited athletic and soccer ability, comprende?

who died and made him the NY soccer god? I have to believe even the clubs he's blackmailing to pay for advertising find that comment cringe worthy. He should have made the comment anonymous like he often times does to hide his identity lol.

Comment

Larry continues to tick off readers...no woder traffic is way down.

Poster: Maybe if the local clubs and academies did a better job people wouldn't be so willing to jump to the next new thing. Comprende?

LM: Maybe if your child was a better athletes the local clubs and academies would be sufficient enough for you so you wouldn't have to face the harsh reality of your child's limited athletic and soccer ability, comprende?

who died and made him the NY soccer god? I have to believe even the clubs he's blackmailing to pay for advertising find that comment cringe worthy. He should have made the comment anonymous like he often times does to hide his identity lol.
          Larry is a jerk and everyone knows that. Kids move for many reasons. For recreational players it could be a team folding or a player looking for more formal training. For average players it may be the commitment level of teammates, maybe tired of playing games with no subs. For competitive players it could be about getting into a good college program.

Everyone has their reasons but the bottom line is parents should be honest about not only their kids abilities but also their desire. If you push a kid too hard you will regret it later but if you support their being in an environment where they are happy then you've achieved the ultimate success in my opinion.

Comment

Larry is ridiculous. Won't mention any team that won't pay him and distorts lots of information. The club boards should all commit to not using him.

Comment

I think LM is about to burst a blood vessel with all the Barca talk.

Comment

I think LM is about to burst a blood vessel with all the Barca talk.
                lol I just posted this on the Barca thread - classic LM

First of all, check what with Gary, that they are playing NYCSL? I did which is why I posted that info.

Secondly, why should they get DA when we have clubs that have been here, are local, and have been trying to gain DA. You are all being very gullible to think your savior has arrived. What has arrived is a money shovel and it is computerized with AI and knows how to get inside your bank account and pocketbooks...don't come here crying because all you will get from me is, I TOLD YOU SO!

Stick with who you know and stick with those that have been here, and have roots here, and folks coming here possibly with work visas, and maybe no work visas and trust the with your children. *** are you people thinking?

Comment

I see that west babylon and dix hills have posted their tryouts on this site and that is good but they also posted on botn their tryouts boy will larry be upset and start to rip on these clubs

Comment

I see that west babylon and dix hills have posted their tryouts on this site and that is good but they also posted on botn their tryouts boy will larry be upset and start to rip on these clubs
                    I think it's a great sign that clubs are posting tryout information here. That's got to drive Larry crazy. More reason for BoTN traffic to continue to weaken

Larry, I told you so

Comment

I think it's a great sign that clubs are posting tryout information here. That's got to drive Larry crazy. More reason for BoTN traffic to continue to weaken

Larry, I told you so

It so painstakingly biased it's hard to even go to that website. This love for Surf is misleading and baffling. He must be getting kickbacks based on the number of kids that sign up for that program or some other arrangement. All credibility BotN had, has completely wained.

Comment

I posted a completely factual comment about SESA in the 2004 thread and not only was my comment deleted, an ad for SESA appeared in it's place!

Comment

has anyone ever seen a photo of the infamous larry miller? what does he look like?

Comment

has anyone ever seen a photo of the infamous larry miller? what does he look like?
                            Yes, all the LI trainers pass one around. It's funny! Lol

Comment

Yes, all the LI trainers pass one around. It's funny! Lol
                              funny...i have never seen one. i am sure he looks like a walking dildo.

Comment

funny...i have never seen one. i am sure he looks like a walking dildo.

ONCE AGAIN LARRY MILLER IS 100% WRONG

FC Barca Long Island, NYCSL NPL member.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X