Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP State Cup Girls U-15

RI Strikers are playing high level NEP and are winning every game decisively,
    Bayside NPL is in the bottom 3 of their division, and have only won 1 game.

Now I understand NPL is suppose to be "superior" but to beat RI Strikers 4-0?
    Something doesn't add up? That should have been much more competitive.
    And why all of a sudden do the RI Strikers put in a new head coach, and change the style
    of play this late in the season and for a State Cup game?
    Did the politics handcuff the RI Strikers?

Seriously look at that, if RI Strikers beat the parent clubs NPL team for state cup;
    that may not sit well...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

And why all of a sudden do the RI Strikers put in a new head coach, and change the style

Seriously look at that, if RI Strikers beat the parent clubs NPL team for state cup;
    that may not sit well...
    RI Strikers are in Premiership 1 which is in the second Premiership division, two levels down from NPL. That's all you need to know.

Comment

RI Strikers are in Premiership 1 which is in the second Premiership division, two levels down from NPL. That's all you need to know.
      Anything can happen at State Cup. Look Bayside NPL Boys lost to Bruno's 2nd Division Team 2-1. It all depends who shows up.

Comment

Anything can happen at State Cup. Look Bayside NPL Boys lost to Bruno's 2nd Division Team 2-1. It all depends who shows up.
        I agree. But I think the OP was implying that Bayside "management" was instructing Strikers coach to in effect "throw" the game in order to not embarrass the Bayside NPL team. Silliest thing I've read on TS in awhile, and that is saying something!!!

Comment

that may not sit well...
          Just a post showing how crazy some of the parents of this team are and have always been! They lost just like they lost to the 03 Bayside npl team in a scrimmage and how they got beaten in the scorpion bowl when they played high level teams.

Comment

Don't know what everyone talking about but that coach you all referring to has been with the team all this year and have done a wonderful job at coaching the girls. I don't think Bayside FC would care less if the Strikers beat them in State Cup.

Comment

Seriously

that may not sit well...
              Buddy. You really can't be that stupid ... or can you ? Look at the teams that moved up to NPL after finishing first in top NEP from the previous year. Check their records. The leagues are on two different levels. Look at U17 girls for instance Liverpool who basically ran through NEP haven't won a game this spring 3 goals for and 32 against Totally different types of competition.

Comment

Buddy. You really can't be that stupid ... or can you ? Look at the teams that moved up to NPL after finishing first in top NEP from the previous year. Check their records. The leagues are on two different levels. Look at U17 girls for instance Liverpool who basically ran through NEP haven't won a game this spring 3 goals for and 32 against Totally different types of competition.
                This thread is ridiculous. I am one of the Head coaches of the RISFC team and was alerted to this thread by a friend. The coach who was not present for the game had a previous commitment for his college that was known ahead of time. There were no "games" going on behind the scenes. The BSFC team played a hell of a game plain and simple and deserved the win. Comparing NPL league to NEP is stupid. Like someone said, anything can happen in a State Cup Game. There were 4 goals. One was a shot up over the top of everyone from outside 18, one was a beautiful shot on a free kick, one was a tap in off a scrum on a corner and one was a PK. Once you get behind in a game like that against a good team like that it's an uphill battle. Hats off off to them and good luck to anyone who wants to knock them out of state Cup. The real question the rest of you all should be asking is why why is Bayside's second team at this age better than everyone else in the state's first team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X