Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast Boys NPL Home Fields

From the article: http://seacoastunitedma.com/clubs/so...2017-18-season is the following line:

"New for the 2017/18 season, Seacoast United will run its boys’ NPL teams at the U15-U19 age groups out of the Massachusetts location, for players with birth years of 2003-1999.

For U15-U19 Girls and younger boys & girls teams, NPL opportunities through Seacoast United Massachusetts will be forthcoming."

The coaching assignments seem to reflect this as well. There are no boys NPL coaches for 2003 and above.

http://seacoastunited.com/clubs/socc...ng-assignments

Comment

Interesting. I'm imagining scheduling issues with other sports using their fields? Or, just focusing on Academy and/or Girls program? Where are the Benefica fields even located?

Comment

Judging by their records, Seacoast may not have any NPL teams next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Judging by their records, Seacoast may not have any NPL teams next year.
          Boys or girls? Girls are all mid-to-top of their respective tables.

Comment

Boys or girls? Girls are all mid-to-top of their respective tables.
            Boys. Poster is correct. I don't think their NPL teams had a single win above U14. Club dropped them like a hot potato. I think they are more interested in field hockey these days.

Comment

Boys. Poster is correct. I don't think their NPL teams had a single win above U14. Club dropped them like a hot potato. I think they are more interested in field hockey these days.
              Grotesque organization. I'm sure there are some exceptions but our experience is that you get very little useful training unless you pay for it yourself outside of Seacoast. And that stinks. It's a shame that Seacoast seems to have such a monopoly in the area.

Comment

A couple of wins, but if you think about this, it makes complete sense. You have two main clubs in NH, Seacoast and GPS NH. At the NPL ages, Seacoast places their top boys on DAP teams. GPS puts their top boys on NPL teams. Seacoast may grab a couple top players from GPS for their DAP team, but GPS NH still has very strong NPL teams. There just isn't enough talent in the area to have much depth beyond that, so both Seacoast and GPS 2nd teams are relatively weak.

I'm not how often this happens, but I could see a high level player at Seacoast, who may have just missed the DAP cut-off, choose to switch over to a strong GPS NPL team, rather than be the best player on a 2nd Seacoast team, especially if GPS is closer to home. This would weaken Seacoast NPL even further.

Comment

When did they notify their existing NPL teams?

Comment

When did they notify their existing NPL teams?
                    It looks like they will still have NPL for the 05, 04 and 03 age groups, with the 03 group called "NPL NH/ME" and the 05 and 04 groups called "NPL."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X