Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pretty sure my kids will be fine, her college choice is already set as where her brother and sister before her. The real truth is weak, pathetic trolls like you look for excuses why they fail. Always someone else's fault. New MBA kid took my promotion, my raise sucked because John was given the new account and his numbers were better without any work. No accountability for their own actions or lack thereof.
    You missed my point completely. I'm all for accountability. I'm also for allowing kids to find their own path without helicopter parents running interference every step of the way. All your comments on this thread reek of parental over-involvement. You were obviously in charge of steering her through the maze of USSF rules to find a loophole allowing her to play where the Federation didn't intend. How does she feel about that? Is she proud? Guilty?

How do you think all those parents/players who followed the rules look at you and your daughter? I guarantee they are saying nasty things about you behind your back. Maybe she even lost some HS friends.

Your daughter will remember the lessons you taught her long after she is free from your meddling. What will those lessons be? Will she adopt them proudly or be ashamed of them?

These are the things that really matter. You've lost sight of that.

Comment

I would guess the players who tried out for the HS team, practiced with the HS team, got plenty of playing time on the HS team, who will now have to sit on the bench to make room for your little snowflake, might not be so happy about the choice you made. You may not hear about it, but you can bet they are making "a big deal of it" behind your back.

Someday those roles might reverse. Maybe a transfer athlete joins her college team and takes her spot. Maybe a former star comes back from injury. When that happens and your snowflake sits on the bench, will she accept that as part of life? Or will she come running and say Daddy it's not fair please fix it, like you did for her in high school?
      One is due to breaking a rule and the other is due to merit. Your analogy is flawed.

Comment

One is due to breaking a rule and the other is due to merit. Your analogy is flawed.
        You are wrong. Both are due to merit. The first example stinks of parental over-involvement and a sense of entitlement in the athlete. The second is what happens when that over-parented athlete gets her first taste of reality. The usual result is the kid quits the team.

Comment

any response from us soccer? any consequences? otherwise my kid and 4 other kids are trying out for odp again next year

Comment

You are wrong. Both are due to merit. The first example stinks of parental over-involvement and a sense of entitlement in the athlete. The second is what happens when that over-parented athlete gets her first taste of reality. The usual result is the kid quits the team.
            Got it. Misread your post the first time.

Comment

any response from us soccer? any consequences? otherwise my kid and 4 other kids are trying out for odp again next year
              This is hilarious. Dig up an ODP thread and all you'll get is a back and forth over how dumb, expensive and pointless it is now and in a DA discussion, if there is a hint that somebody is getting away with doing both all of a sudden ODP is now a great opportunity that was otherwise being missed.

Comment

This is hilarious. Dig up an ODP thread and all you'll get is a back and forth over how dumb, expensive and pointless it is now and in a DA discussion, if there is a hint that somebody is getting away with doing both all of a sudden ODP is now a great opportunity that was otherwise being missed.
                right? lol - all of a sudden odp is where tab ramos (or whoever) goes to fill ynt rosters? haha

Comment

You missed my point completely. I'm all for accountability. I'm also for allowing kids to find their own path without helicopter parents running interference every step of the way. All your comments on this thread reek of parental over-involvement. You were obviously in charge of steering her through the maze of USSF rules to find a loophole allowing her to play where the Federation didn't intend. How does she feel about that? Is she proud? Guilty?

How do you think all those parents/players who followed the rules look at you and your daughter? I guarantee they are saying nasty things about you behind your back. Maybe she even lost some HS friends.

Your daughter will remember the lessons you taught her long after she is free from your meddling. What will those lessons be? Will she adopt them proudly or be ashamed of them?

Thank you. How quickly we forget what's really important.

Comment

This is now a circular argument. You say follow the rules. I say USSF states after the Dec 10 they can play HS and no rule is broke. Then the next parent says that is not fair.

I will also tell you this. The junior and senior parents (those of players who typically start) have asked for these girls to come back. The want to have a shot at winning. The only ones hand wringing are the relief players who were more than happy to see 6 - 7 girls move on. None of them played nor planned to play HS but now they were told they could after the Showcase.

The HS coach, the other (starting) players went to the DA girls and asked if they would come back to make a push.

Your reality is not the same for every kid, parent, coach or team. I am very comfortable with whatever she decision she and her teammates make and only resort to mudslinging after the first volley was thrown from elsewhere. Been watching kids navigating through sports for over 20 years now and all this will amount to a hill a beans when all is said and done.

Comment

This is now a circular argument. You say follow the rules. I say USSF states after the Dec 10 they can play HS and no rule is broke. Then the next parent says that is not fair.

I will also tell you this. The junior and senior parents (those of players who typically start) have asked for these girls to come back. The want to have a shot at winning. The only ones hand wringing are the relief players who were more than happy to see 6 - 7 girls move on. None of them played nor planned to play HS but now they were told they could after the Showcase.

The HS coach, the other (starting) players went to the DA girls and asked if they would come back to make a push.

Your reality is not the same for every kid, parent, coach or team. I am very comfortable with whatever she decision she and her teammates make and only resort to mudslinging after the first volley was thrown from elsewhere. Been watching kids navigating through sports for over 20 years now and all this will amount to a hill a beans when all is said and done.
                      Because life is about winning and you can't win without DA players. How sad has high school soccer and DA become?

Comment

Same can be said about HS soccer - everyone, including USSF, says HS soccer sucks, yet here are girls willing to break the rules to play it. Too friggin funny

Comment

USSF does not state that. The HS is season is from beginning (tryouts) to last game for your HS team.

Comment

Same can be said about HS soccer - everyone, including USSF, says HS soccer sucks, yet here are girls willing to break the rules to play it. Too friggin funny
                            HS soccer DO suck... it doesn't mean that kids don't enjoy it for other reasons...

Comment

I will also tell you this. The junior and senior parents (those of players who typically start) have asked for these girls to come back. They want to have a shot at winning. The only ones hand wringing are the relief players who were more than happy to see 6 - 7 girls move on. None of them played nor planned to play HS but now they were told they could after the Showcase.

Those DA players will have to resort to all sorts of shenanigans to prove they "played" in 10 HS games to qualify for the FHSAA playoffs. Or will they just ignore that rule and hope nobody checks?

The junior and senior parents (those of players who typically start) have asked for these girls to come back. They want to have a shot at winning.
                              The parents asked the DA girls to come back?? They want a shot at winning?? What a disgraceful example to set for kids who would probably do the right thing if not pressured by adults.

Comment

Those DA players will have to resort to all sorts of shenanigans to prove they "played" in 10 HS games to qualify for the FHSAA playoffs. Or will they just ignore that rule and hope nobody checks?

The parents asked the DA girls to come back?? They want a shot at winning?? What a disgraceful example to set for kids who would probably do the right thing if not pressured by adults.
                                The sad truth is some of the DA girls have been sitting on the bench of high school games with a jersey on but not playing on the field. They are doing this to have it count as one of their 10 games. But if the girl is counting it as a game then her name has to be on the roster, and if her name is on the roster that is against the rules because you are not allowed to be on a high school roster and DA roster at the same time. So everybody needs to check closely that the DA players have 10 games after the showcase. A player can't go off the DA roster, onto a high school roster, then off the high school roster to play the GDA games/Showcase on December 9, then off the DA roster again, and back onto high school roster, then off the high school roster early and back onto the GDA roster for the January spring season. This is not allowed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X