Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azzurri Storm, New Club in Naples/Bonita Springs

Well, there is another new club in SWFL and this one is the biggest scam of them all. Bonita Storm and Naples Azzurri have joined forces to save their dying clubs. But, be forewarned as I wish I had been. The two women who ran Bonita Storm, Christina Shipman and Antonetta Rodi, as president and vice president respectively, have remained the leadership for this new club. Rather than trashing them, I encourage you to become knowledgeable about what you do before you hand over your money. I would strongly encourage you to request financial records from the two ladies who ran Bonita Storm and I would definitely demand explanations as to the expenditures on multiple dinners at Carrabba's, large and multiple purchases of house grade paint at Sherwin Williams, meals at Burger King, car washes for their personal vehicles, and a $1500 stay in Orlando for the FYSA convention. These are just a few of their questionable expenditures of club funds. I would also highly recommend that you visit these links:

Antonetta Rodi has had a history of volatile relationships within the soccer community to the point of a city employee quitting due to the harassment of Rodi. Rather than my interpretation, read the following articles and judge for yourself.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/local...s-bonita-field

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/local...onita-between-

This would be information about Antonetta's (Bruno) husband (his mug shot) who I can guarantee you from my experience will be at the field constantly either as an assistant coach to his son Dominic or just generally around for no reason other than to cause trouble. This is not a person I want to have a run in with or that I would want my children around. I found him to be threatening and inappropriate. http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florid...-rodi/77692741

This is another proud member of the Rodi family:
    http://openpasts.com/publicrecord/fa...18523225024010

Antonetta's son is also on the payroll as the "trainer" for the club. I strongly suggest that you request a complete detailing of his qualifications and ask yourself if this person should be your child's trainer. All I can tell you is that he is young and inexperienced. Several of our players were injured during his sessions. Can you get a trainer's certificate online??

Then there is Irma and Jose Perez as secretary and field marshal respectively. Husband and wife and very nice people as well as long time friends of Antonetta Rodi's. She uses them as her puppets because they will agree with whatever she wants without question.

Do your homework before you hand over your money. Don't make the mistake so many others, including myself, did. Others on this new board include John Dina and Gavin Spooner.

Never again

Do not give money to these two. They have been terrorizing soccer in SWFL for ten years chasing away team after team and coach after coach. There's has been a lost cause for years and they are still trying to hang on.

Comment

What a joke!

Azzurri Storm??? Ha!!! Two failing soccer clubs joining together to do what?? New name, same people, same shady tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Do not give money to these two. They have been terrorizing soccer in SWFL for ten years chasing away team after team and coach after coach. There's has been a lost cause for years and they are still trying to hang on.
        What happened to Malcom?

Comment

Malcolm

What happened to Malcom?
          Don't know what happened to Malcolm. Doesn't appear on their new page. Probably another casualty in their antics.

Comment

Bruno Rodi is soccer royalty, I would follow him wherever he goes

Comment

Looks bad

Where is Malcom? Did he see the books? Did he see where money was going and was not suppose to see? Is this the reason why two DOCs in one year are gone. Where is he? Is he ok?

Comment

malcolm boyle

What happened to Malcom?
                I'm sure after his short time with these woman that he knew that if he had any hope of a successful career in SWFL that he needed to separate himself from storm.

Comment

I agree - run for your life!

Well, there is another new club in SWFL and this one is the biggest scam of them all. Bonita Storm and Naples Azzurri have joined forces to save their dying clubs. But, be forewarned as I wish I had been. The two women who ran Bonita Storm, Christina Shipman and Antonetta Rodi, as president and vice president respectively, have remained the leadership for this new club. Rather than trashing them, I encourage you to become knowledgeable about what you do before you hand over your money. I would strongly encourage you to request financial records from the two ladies who ran Bonita Storm and I would definitely demand explanations as to the expenditures on multiple dinners at Carrabba's, large and multiple purchases of house grade paint at Sherwin Williams, meals at Burger King, car washes for their personal vehicles, and a $1500 stay in Orlando for the FYSA convention. These are just a few of their questionable expenditures of club funds. I would also highly recommend that you visit these links:

Antonetta Rodi has had a history of volatile relationships within the soccer community to the point of a city employee quitting due to the harassment of Rodi. Rather than my interpretation, read the following articles and judge for yourself.

This would be information about Antonetta's (Bruno) husband (his mug shot) who I can guarantee you from my experience will be at the field constantly either as an assistant coach to his son Dominic or just generally around for no reason other than to cause trouble. This is not a person I want to have a run in with or that I would want my children around. I found him to be threatening and inappropriate. http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florid...-rodi/77692741

Antonetta's son is also on the payroll as the "trainer" for the club. I strongly suggest that you request a complete detailing of his qualifications and ask yourself if this person should be your child's trainer. All I can tell you is that he is young and inexperienced. Several of our players were injured during his sessions. Can you get a trainer's certificate online??

Then there is Irma and Jose Perez as secretary and field marshal respectively. Husband and wife and very nice people as well as long time friends of Antonetta Rodi's. She uses them as her puppets because they will agree with whatever she wants without question.

Do your homework before you hand over your money. Don't make the mistake so many others, including myself, did. Others on this new board include John Dina and Gavin Spooner.
                  My son started with this club this season as we had followed JR. We left as soon as JR left as did most of the club. JR had brought in 8 new teams to this dying club and as soon as he left, so did the teams. We chose to go to US Club and forego FYSA affiliation just to get away from the drama and underhandedness of the women in charge. We left some fundraising money in our account and before we could remove it, it was taken. There was only one person who had access to our account other than our manager and it was AR. Our manager did not take it out. You do the math. RUN!

Comment

funny

That's pretty funny!

Comment

Funny

He's a royal something alright!

Comment

banned from the fields

The club president at the time, AR, was banned from the fields for a year!

Comment

My son started with this club this season as we had followed JR. We left as soon as JR left as did most of the club. JR had brought in 8 new teams to this dying club and as soon as he left, so did the teams. We chose to go to US Club and forego FYSA affiliation just to get away from the drama and underhandedness of the women in charge. We left some fundraising money in our account and before we could remove it, it was taken. There was only one person who had access to our account other than our manager and it was AR. Our manager did not take it out. You do the math. RUN!
                          She's been doing this for years.

Comment

for the kids

I just feel so sorry for these kids. They are the ones who are suffering through this. Just tell me why two women, in volunteer positions, would hang on being sued by the parents of their club if they weren't benefiting somewhere in the process. If it were me and my volunteer work brought such drama into my life, I would be out of there in a heartbeat. You just have to question their motive for staying on through all of this if it's not for illegitimate gains. They have no young children, no kids in the club. It just doesn't add up. No work not amounting in monetary gain would be worth it, and having experienced this club, it is definitely not because of their dedication to the children.

Comment

There is a lot of garbage information and misinformed people in this. Everyone is putting everyone down cut it out

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X