Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You must have been watching a different game. UNC was not impressive in any way in the first half. In the second, they woke up a bit but nearly all of their chances except for two were long range shots than a blindfolded GK could have saved. Princeton looked a bit more direct in the second half maybe as they tired, but in the first combined better than a somewhat direct UNC team. Overall, I’d say UNC was better but not outrageously so. As another posted said, Princeton is 3-0-1 against the ACC including their two finalists and a team that advanced to the Sweet 16. All of those games on the road no less. Win a 1-0 game while getting outshot 40-2 is a fluke. Going 3-0-1 on the road and outscoring the opposition 7-2 is not.
    funny how you use the letters ACC and not the teams . Wake forest and NC State are hardly the powerhouses of the ACC. Quite a few teams beat them actually. If Princeton play UNC 10x what you think the breakdown is? Btw, I hate UNC and I dont think I ever said they were good so ...

Comment

funny how you use the letters ACC and not the teams . Wake forest and NC State are hardly the powerhouses of the ACC. Quite a few teams beat them actually. If Princeton play UNC 10x what you think the breakdown is? Btw, I hate UNC and I dont think I ever said they were good so ...
      I have no horse in this race, but you just crowned yourself Idiot of the Week. NC State made the ACC final, clown, losing to UNC 1-0. Wake made the Sweet 16. So yeah, beating them both on the road (2-0 and 2-0) is pretty good no matter how you slice it. And UNC might not play attractive soccer but they won the ACC Tournament, went unbeaten in ACC play and was the #2 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. Back to your momma’s basement, troll, and let the big boys talk.

Comment

I have no horse in this race, but you just crowned yourself Idiot of the Week. NC State made the ACC final, clown, losing to UNC 1-0. Wake made the Sweet 16. So yeah, beating them both on the road (2-0 and 2-0) is pretty good no matter how you slice it. And UNC might not play attractive soccer but they won the ACC Tournament, went unbeaten in ACC play and was the #2 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. Back to your momma’s basement, troll, and let the big boys talk.
        NC State did not make the ACC final ...Duke played UNC. Please stop trotting out single elimination gmes as evidence of being good. In the ACC.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...ab-scores#tabs

They pretty much lost to every upper tier ACC team they played bar a draw at UVA where they parked the bus.

Wake the same bar a good 2-1 win vs FSU

Both would be maybe at best 4th and 5th in the ACC. The UNC win is a great result, but again, fortune favored Princeton. Good luck to them, but please, stop pretending this is some momentum changing event. Its not like they outplayed UNC. they didnt.

Let the big boys talk. LOL. Good one. Princeton were probably FAVORED in both the games vs NC State and Wake. so lets not get crazy here.

Comment

I'm sure little old Princeton from the Ivy league that has off season practice time restrictions and doesn't separate their athletes from the general student community (ie,..athletic dorms, training table, etc) is happy to be able to compete with ACC teams. ACC soccer players are athletes first, period. Ivy league players are not, period. This is a great run for Princeton and top national players that have the brains to compete in the classroom will definitely consider Princeton as a top choice in the future.

Comment

I'm sure little old Princeton from the Ivy league that has off season practice time restrictions and doesn't separate their athletes from the general student community (ie,..athletic dorms, training table, etc) is happy to be able to compete with ACC teams. ACC soccer players are athletes first, period. Ivy league players are not, period. This is a great run for Princeton and top national players that have the brains to compete in the classroom will definitely consider Princeton as a top choice in the future.

Just stop dude. They are all recruiting from the same pool. Get enough good ones and you will be competitive. Its not that hard. ACC soccer players are NOT athletes first but I guess that suits your narrative.

Lussi and Hoy are pros, no? So is Purce. Thats about the same number as Wake have. I dont think NC State have any.

Beating UNC a great win. rest ..meh. They lost to Columbia. You see its a lot harder being the hunted vs the hunter and you can take any individual result and spin it anyway you choose.

if you kid is happy at Princeton or any ivy, thats all that counts. There are great players at Ivys and some very bright kids in the ACC. Stereotyping is very dangerous.

Comment

Just stop dude. They are all recruiting from the same pool. Get enough good ones and you will be competitive. Its not that hard. ACC soccer players are NOT athletes first but I guess that suits your narrative.

Lussi and Hoy are pros, no? So is Purce. Thats about the same number as Wake have. I dont think NC State have any.

Beating UNC a great win. rest ..meh. They lost to Columbia. You see its a lot harder being the hunted vs the hunter and you can take any individual result and spin it anyway you choose.

if you kid is happy at Princeton or any ivy, thats all that counts. There are great players at Ivys and some very bright kids in the ACC. Stereotyping is very dangerous.
              I’ll say it slowly so you understand. You are a moron. By your logic, only UNC, Duke, UVA and FSU count as victories. Wake’s Final 4 appearance a few years back and Sweet 16 this year were mirages. NC State went 14-5-1. LOL. Head to head, the Ivy had a winning record against the ACC this year. Harvard, who stunk, beat BC. Hahaha. Listen, Little ACC Man. There’s a new Sheriff on the east coast. The Ivy League. Cry foul all you like it doesn’t change the fact that UNC lost. NC State lost and tied. Wake lost. All at HOME. Miami lost to Yale. BC lost to Harvard. Maybe the ACC should Schedule some NEC or MAAC schools next year instead.

Comment

The Ivy League beating several ACC schools says all you need to hear. Also why would girls from the Ivy League want to go pro and make 20k a year when they graduate they all have jobs waiting over 75-80k.

Comment

The Ivy League beating several ACC schools says all you need to hear. Also why would girls from the Ivy League want to go pro and make 20k a year when they graduate they all have jobs waiting over 75-80k.
                  Too funny.

You are right.

Princeton in Final 8 of women’s soccer and in the
                  top 10 of all Universities/Colleges on the planet.

Not bad.

Thank god for those CA girls.

Comment

Major sports aside, the Ivies can compete with anyone if they so choose. It all depends on how much leeway the administrations will give to each sport.

Comment

Major sports aside, the Ivies can compete with anyone if they so choose. It all depends on how much leeway the administrations will give to each sport.
                      What does that even mean? Leeway?

Comment

They'll give a little for desired athletes. A little. No need for 1580 SAT and 4.5GPA like other applicants but you still have to be very close to their admission standards

Comment

Do you think Princeton wins 6 national titles in lacrosse without gaming the admissions process?

Comment

Do you think Princeton wins 6 national titles in lacrosse without gaming the admissions process?
                            The rub of this accomplishment is who cares and
                            how does it benefit the University.

Reality is other than the parental units, clubs they
                            came from, the broader Women’s Lacrosse world
                            and the Princeton Coach, no one cares.

At end of day, a really small group.

No doubt 6 National Women’s Lacrosse championships
                            have not upticked the ever increasing applicant pool
                            one micron.

So ask the really hard question - who cares and why.

Answer - winning on the sports field is pure gloss. Rounds
                            out the sharper academic edges.

Comment

one micron.

He was talking about mens lax during the 90s
                              And it certainly added luster to the school in terms of applications
                              BTW the giys on those teams were all good students - if the OP talked about JHU i would have agreed not a lot of doctors come out of their lax program

Comment

one micron.

I think quite a few people care to be honest. Just like any other school, the Ivies are looking to distinguish themselves from the other Ivies. Yale has produced the most Presidents. Harvard the most prestigious. Cornell the largest. Princeton widely considered to be the most well rounded. Obviously you could argue those points (except Cornell being the largest), but each strives to distginguish themselves.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X