Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The cost for the week was minimal except airfare. U. S. youth soccer must have surplus funds to pull the event off.
    Except airfare? I rest my case. Nice for those can buy air plane tickets for kid soccer which is some folks but not most.

Comment

Except airfare? I rest my case. Nice for those can buy air plane tickets for kid soccer which is some folks but not most.
      Gracias to the college coaches who flew down and will travel back at a busy holiday time.

Comment

Also to the ODP staff who help the players get to and from the airport on the busiest of travel days.

Comment

Thankful for my ODP coaches, turkey with teammates, missing school, and

Comment

Today is the day of turkey with the ODP family.

Comment

The 03 and 04 teams had their Thanksgiving feast last night and their final games this morning. Found some real deals.

Comment

How did the Southern region compare?

Comment

2002 and 2001/00’s have the final region games tomorrow.

Comment

Brandi Chastain was the motivational guest speaker for the girls.

Comment

Did she rip her shirt off?

Comment

I read quotes from her motivational speech about how "the most challenging thing about ODP Interregionals is playing in front of those college coaches lining the sidelines with other girls capable of playing at very high level - it takes a very high level of emotional discipline to handle that pressure. There really is nothing like it."

That may have been true in 1997 when Brandi came through youth soccer. Now this is the typical dynamic at every high level Showcase (ECNL, GDA, Disney, etc.). And on top of that pressure, your kid may have actually invited certain coaches from the colleges they really want to attend and those coaches confirmed they were coming to that game to watch your kid perform. Talk about pressure!

Comment

I read quotes from her motivational speech about how "the most challenging thing about ODP Interregionals is playing in front of those college coaches lining the sidelines with other girls capable of playing at very high level - it takes a very high level of emotional discipline to handle that pressure. There really is nothing like it."

That may have been true in 1997 when Brandi came through youth soccer. Now this is the typical dynamic at every high level Showcase (ECNL, GDA, Disney, etc.). And on top of that pressure, your kid may have actually invited certain coaches from the colleges they really want to attend and those coaches confirmed they were coming to that game to watch your kid perform. Talk about pressure!
                          The ODP matches are very high level with some of the very best players from each region. The games are tough and the all around skill is impressive to watch. Most of the players also play on top teams outside of ODP. When this much talent comes together in one place ODP must still find a way to get the College coaches to be able to take advantage of seeing them play, and Thanksgiving is not ideal. I’ve also talked to many college coaches who said their College made a decision to do the first part of ODP and not Disney because people should be with their family on the holiday. ODP’s final and most excellent games of the week on Thanksgiving and Black Friday are not attended by the scouts like they should be for the talent level.

Comment

It is rare to see scouts ever attend the final day of a tournament and not sure why that is. Scouts have commented liking ODP because they can sit and watch eight full games in two days and see 300 Elite players get into the rhythm of a game. They aren’t watching ten minutes here and running there to try to catch a glimpse player X at Disney.

Comment

The girls liked hearing Chastain share her stories. The girls watched video clips after their games and the coaches used the videos as teaching tools. Four days of training along with the three Interregional showcase game days. Great week but would start earlier and end before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Good recruiting avenue to see some top 03 and 04 players and get a head start on searching for the 2023 class. Many of the older girls were spoken for.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X