Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Florida Fire just may be in the process of taking over the Bonita Storm. It may be possible that the FYSA will be granting the club rights of the Storm to the Fire due to the Storm may not be following the guidelines of zone and mileage limits as stated in the by laws and guidelines.
    All of the GPS Florida teams have tryouts listed with the exception of GPS West. Perhaps the information is right but the team that would be taking over the Storm, if that was the case and very well may be as speculated by sources, it would be GPS West. More details need to be known and wonder when?

Comment

All of the GPS Florida teams have tryouts listed with the exception of GPS West. Perhaps the information is right but the team that would be taking over the Storm, if that was the case and very well may be as speculated by sources, it would be GPS West. More details need to be known and wonder when?
      And of course I must add this would be a shame for the club is doing a fine job by the kids now.

Comment

When is an announcement going to be made?

Comment

I wouldn't put much stock into the GPS-West tryouts not being posted yet. None of the SW FL clubs seems to have posted tryouts yet. Looks like they all are waiting for......?

Comment

I wouldn't put much stock into the GPS-West tryouts not being posted yet. None of the SW FL clubs seems to have posted tryouts yet. Looks like they all are waiting for......?
            This could be proof that they are all waiting for FYSA to make a chilling announcement.

Comment

The problem is Florida Fire is on drugs that is why they cannot get their club right.
              We were with Florida Fire for 3 years and now we are with the Storm for 2 years and we have had our best soccer experience with the Storm.
              When we were with Florida Fire we were on multiple fields. one week here and one week there. we traveled 30-40 minutes between fields. if anyone is getting in trouble with FYSA it is the Fire for breaking the 15 mile rules.

The Storm may not be for the whinny players & parents but it is definitely for the players that want to play soccer, enjoy the game and get better. At least the parents here don't get ejected of the fields and get into fights like the Florida Fire did.

It must be the desperation of the administration at Florida Fire loosing players to the Storm and GPS.
              Just as the other poster Stated, go play for the club you enjoy, no one is forcing you to play for the storm.
              At least, everyone gets along here, No big egos.

LOLOLOL
              I was going along with a lot of what you were saying until your last statement, about big egos. Not sure how close you are with JD, but he is definitely a big ego.

Comment

Ranking SWF clubs:
                1. GPS West.
                2. Elite
                3.. Fire
                4. Storm
                5. Cape Coral
                6. Strikers.

Comment

Ranking SWF clubs:
                  1. GPS West.
                  2. Elite
                  3.. Fire
                  4. Storm
                  5. Cape Coral
                  6. Strikers.
                  Elite??? Please opine on how good their teams are. They have a decent U12 team but not any results for any other teams.

Comment

don't think so

Ranking SWF clubs:
                    1. GPS West.
                    2. Elite
                    3.. Fire
                    4. Storm
                    5. Cape Coral
                    6. Strikers.
                    As a parent of the Storm I would say Cape Coral , Storm , GPS - Elite , Fire and then the rest . Fire is a joke , Cape Coral has a great program at least their "A" teams . Strikers are improving and I will know more on the others as we play the rest in the Naples Spring Tournament April 1-2 in the Gold division for Girls U10 . Go Storm !

Comment

Ranking SWF clubs:
                      1. GPS West.
                      2. Elite
                      3.. Fire
                      4. Storm
                      5. Cape Coral
                      6. Strikers.
                      When are the clubs having tryouts. Cobras and Lightening were left off the list.

Comment

Guard your money-go elsewhere

Well, I certainly wish I had read this before registering my boys last season and even further, I wish I would have stuck to my gut feeling to not reregister this season but here we are. I do not know who the women mentioned above are, but currently the president is John Dina and I would not be surprised if he was using the same tactics as these women. This organization is a rip-off. Over $500 per child and the training is a joke. They tell you that tournament fees are included in that price, but the truth is they are NOT!!! For that price, you would think that they would have highly skilled and certified trainers. Well, if they do, we have yet to have one coach our team. We did not have much of an issue last season, but this season has been a joke. From no practices to canceled games and them charging my bank card after they were already informed that only one of my sons would be playing and we were paid in full. John pressured my husband and me for years to put our sons on this team. We finally gave in and here we are 2 seasons later and we are leaving. After having paid $550 and have had only 3 games and a handful of practices/trainings, we want off the team and our money back. However, John Dina is refusing to refund our money. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS ORGANIZATION. No matter how much money you have, this team is NOT worth it. There are many other soccer organizations in our area that are much less expensive and the training and organization all together are 100 times better than Azzuri. Please do your research!!!!

Comment

Well, I certainly wish I had read this before registering my boys last season and even further, I wish I would have stuck to my gut feeling to not reregister this season but here we are. I do not know who the women mentioned above are, but currently the president is John Dina and I would not be surprised if he was using the same tactics as these women. This organization is a rip-off. Over $500 per child and the training is a joke. They tell you that tournament fees are included in that price, but the truth is they are NOT!!! For that price, you would think that they would have highly skilled and certified trainers. Well, if they do, we have yet to have one coach our team. We did not have much of an issue last season, but this season has been a joke. From no practices to canceled games and them charging my bank card after they were already informed that only one of my sons would be playing and we were paid in full. John pressured my husband and me for years to put our sons on this team. We finally gave in and here we are 2 seasons later and we are leaving. After having paid $550 and have had only 3 games and a handful of practices/trainings, we want off the team and our money back. However, John Dina is refusing to refund our money. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS ORGANIZATION. No matter how much money you have, this team is NOT worth it. There are many other soccer organizations in our area that are much less expensive and the training and organization all together are 100 times better than Azzuri. Please do your research!!!!
                          I have no idea about the quality of training, but $550 in club fees plus tournament fees doesn't seem pricey to me for competitive soccer. Am I missing something? You have expenses for field use, insurance, FYSA registration and then you have to pay the coaches something. Seems low to me.

Comment

I have no idea about the quality of training, but $550 in club fees plus tournament fees doesn't seem pricey to me for competitive soccer. Am I missing something? You have expenses for field use, insurance, FYSA registration and then you have to pay the coaches something. Seems low to me.
                            It's recreational soccer with parent coaches. No way would I pay that much. If you are going to do Azzuri and not Fire, you might as well just save money and do Optimist!

Comment

It's recreational soccer with parent coaches. No way would I pay that much. If you are going to do Azzuri and not Fire, you might as well just save money and do Optimist!
                              The vast majority of Fire teams practice two days a week. That is recreational.
                              And is it true that the Fire has had problems with people using the funds for their own personal bank account.

Comment

Looks like OCYS has a fine new member in their soccer family...

Dear parents, coaches and players,
                                We have some incredibly exciting news to share with you concerning our soccer club. On February 27, 2018 we signed an affiliate agreement with the “The Orlando City Major League Soccer Club”
                                As of now, The Azzurri Storm will be part of the Orlando City family and as such our coaches and players will be exposed to all the coaching curriculum, developmental academy along with away days and club training camps all designed to provide an even greater soccer experience for everyone.
                                Orlando is a short drive from here. This means we can easily travel and be involved in all relevant club activities and for select players there will be exposure to the professional developmental academy sessions run by Orlando City coaching staff.
                                Our boys and girls of all ages will now proudly wear the Orlando City uniforms both for games and for practices. We will enjoy preferential rates to go and watch the mens and ladies pro teams.
                                We will be generating a more detailed press release soon and will release more information over the coming weeks.
                                We regard this as an incredible opportunity for everyone and it gives us a Florida based pro team to work with and we hope support all the way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X