Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Sporting...

...bullying their U-Little and unsuspecting/uneducated parents into a "48-hours to make decision"?

Really ridiculous if ya ask me!!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ...bullying their U-Little and unsuspecting/uneducated parents into a "48-hours to make decision"?

Welcome to youth soccer. Have to have them sign before they go to Vale or the bigger clubs!

Don't worry you're spot will still be there if you wait.

Comment

Yeah, OW, FSA, and CFC don't do this .... AS IF!! Remember last year when CFCU held tryouts in February and pulled that???

Comment

Don't hate the player hate the game beotch that's sports . If you can't handle the heat get out the kitchen and move on .simple as that. I actually respect it . It shows who's dedicated and who's weak

Comment

I think Jeremy and Zack are sweating it right now. I would imagine that Sporting is working hard to get families to stay and are going all out. It will take a lot for people to jump to a start up.

Comment

Don't hate the player hate the game beotch that's sports . If you can't handle the heat get out the kitchen and move on .simple as that. I actually respect it . It shows who's dedicated and who's weak
            you're a mental midget

Comment

That's the deal at all these clubs. They are a business and want to fill their spots with the best players they can. Fact is, if your kid is a stud, he/she'll probably still have a spot - tell them you need a little more time - they'll probably figure you're trying out somewhere else - but so what, that's the deal - it's your money. If your kid is 'on the bubble,' then you take your chances. It does seem that some parents have a grass is greener syndrome though and are always looking for something better - beware of that, it might be your kid, not the club!

As a parent who's been through this a few times, there are a lot of factors that go in to it - commute distance, cost, other parents, other sports, etc. - and these things all do matter. Trust your gut - do what makes the most sense for the whole family. Fact is, you can probably have a good experience at differently places. You can always try out somewhere else next year!

Good luck - I hope you find a club you like - in CT you have lots of options.

Comment

Any team that is setting rosters gives 48 hours. It’s SOP. Our town travel team gives 48 hours. It’s not fair to the families of kids on the bubble to wait for more than 2 days.

Comment

Any team that is setting rosters gives 48 hours. It’s SOP. Our town travel team gives 48 hours. It’s not fair to the families of kids on the bubble to wait for more than 2 days.
                  While some doosh family keeps them on hold waiting for barcelona to fax over a contract offer for their u10 squad.

Comment

Daughter plays at another club. It was the same deal. Can't expect the kids on the bubble to wait forever and the club doesn't want to turn those player away if the ones given offers aren't accepting. Piss or get off the pot.

Comment

^^^^ Of course. Clubs need to know or move on down their wait list. Some families will accept and the revoke it later if something better comes along. Kind of a sleazy thing to do but I get it too.

Comment

It's not sleezy at all . It actually tells me who is serious about playing for that club and who isn't . Parents can't expect a club to wait for their commitment if they aren't serious because there's always more talented kids that want that spot and also need to be given a chance. So it the nature of the best either accept it or move on . Do you think professional teams give that wiggle room . I don't think so . It's a cut throat world are you in or out bottom line.

Comment

It's not sleezy at all . It actually tells me who is serious about playing for that club and who isn't . Parents can't expect a club to wait for their commitment if they aren't serious because there's always more talented kids that want that spot and also need to be given a chance. So it the nature of the best either accept it or move on . Do you think professional teams give that wiggle room . I don't think so . It's a cut throat world are you in or out bottom line.
                          Not the OP, but I think they were saying it’s sleazy for the player to accept the offer, then take a “better offer” later.

Comment

Not the OP, but I think they were saying it’s sleazy for the player to accept the offer, then take a “better offer” later.
                            Not ideal to do but you can also see why families do it. You don't know for sure if your kid will make the desired team at Club B so they take Club A first because Club A had their tryouts earlier. But Club A might not be ideal, Club B is. More clubs are pushing for pre-trout commitments from their current clubs. That really puts parents in a bind if they're considering leaving but aren't sure what their other options will be yet.

Comment

Not ideal to do but you can also see why families do it. You don't know for sure if your kid will make the desired team at Club B so they take Club A first because Club A had their tryouts earlier. But Club A might not be ideal, Club B is. More clubs are pushing for pre-trout commitments from their current clubs. That really puts parents in a bind if they're considering leaving but aren't sure what their other options will be yet.
                              Pre-trout commitments are always a bit fishy. Those clubs tend to flounder, and fall from their perch.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X