Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing for one team and trying out for another

Just blow off practice week of other tryouts? Would like to have my kid tryout at a few places. All are weeks before the season ends. Do practices end up a bit empty some weeks or do most people just stay where they are? Trying to do this without burning bridges.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just blow off practice week of other tryouts? Would like to have my kid tryout at a few places. All are weeks before the season ends. Do practices end up a bit empty some weeks or do most people just stay where they are? Trying to do this without burning bridges.
    In the OW commitment letter you signed last year, you agreed not to try out at another club without informing OW and getting permission. Read what you signed.

Comment

it's not like your kid is an indentured servant. Try out at other clubs. If they give you problems about it, then you know you're dealing with scumbags and they don't deserve your business anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        it's not like your kid is an indentured servant. Try out at other clubs. If they give you problems about it, then you know you're dealing with scumbags and they don't deserve your business anyway.
        ^^^^^^ ow

Comment

Don't bother with tryouts at FSA, as they won't bump an ECNL player for you based on tryouts.

Instead, just approach the ECNL coach and ask if he wants your kid. If so, your kid gets on the team without wasting your time at tryouts.

Comment

In the OW commitment letter you signed last year, you agreed not to try out at another club without informing OW and getting permission. Read what you signed.
            Not that it's actually legally binding, but this is just anther reason why i would never have my kid play at OW. If you're confident in your product you dont need to force kids to stay.

Comment

Don't bother with tryouts at FSA, as they won't bump an ECNL player for you based on tryouts.

Instead, just approach the ECNL coach and ask if he wants your kid. If so, your kid gets on the team without wasting your time at tryouts.
              Probably accurate advice. Same holds true for CFCU

Comment

Not OW. Can’t stand 99% of the parents there.

Comment

Not that it's actually legally binding, but this is just anther reason why i would never have my kid play at OW. If you're confident in your product you dont need to force kids to stay.
                  It's a contract you agreed to in writing. Whether they take you to court for ownership of your kid is a separate issue. If you want to leave, your kid is probably not getting the playing time anyway, so they won't mind if you go to an FSA B or C team.

Comment

No need to turn the thread into a club bash fest.

Yes you will see lots of kids with "dentist appointments" this time of year = we're trying out elsewhere. Clubs know it happens. Most wont' be too dickish about it but some will. Best keep everything to yourself until you know for sure what your plans are. Even then if you think the coach might be a real dik and pull PT form your kid for the rest of the season (happens) then wait until it's all done.

Comment

No need to turn the thread into a club bash fest.

Yes you will see lots of kids with "dentist appointments" this time of year = we're trying out elsewhere. Clubs know it happens. Most wont' be too dickish about it but some will. Best keep everything to yourself until you know for sure what your plans are. Even then if you think the coach might be a real dik and pull PT form your kid for the rest of the season (happens) then wait until it's all done.
                      ^^^^^^ ow

Comment

Thinking of trying out for OW GDA or FSA ECNL U14. Probably both. Not from either club. CFCU too far. Kid has a bright headband and bright tee-shirt to wear, so she stands out. When she gets both offers, we'll figure out what we want to do based on pros and cons.

Comment

Thinking of trying out for OW GDA or FSA ECNL U14. Probably both. Not from either club. CFCU too far. Kid has a bright headband and bright tee-shirt to wear, so she stands out. When she gets both offers, we'll figure out what we want to do based on pros and cons.
                          I bet you'll go all in and choose Sporting!

Comment

I bet you'll go all in and choose Sporting!
                            That's a great thought, thank you. However, my kid should probably play at least at her level, so dropping down to Sporting would be counterproductive. In fact, FSA would probably want to play her up a year.

Comment

That's a great thought, thank you. However, my kid should probably play at least at her level, so dropping down to Sporting would be counterproductive. In fact, FSA would probably want to play her up a year.
                              Just skip FSA and head straight for the NT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X