Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SiccerViza

I'm sure there are many strong opinions but wondering if anyone has any experience and/or thoughts about SoccerViza?

We're looking at various premier options in CT and have kicked the tires on all the usual suspects of clubs in the Fairfield area. Recently spoke to two different HS coaches and they both suggested we look at SoccerViza. Having had 3 kids in Travel and Premier the last 4+ years, we have NEVER heard anyone mention the club and have never seen them in league or tournament play.

Website seems legit but a bit sparse. I did see they had a few teams that are middle of the pack in the CCSL tables. Beyond that, there is no info I can find on them.

Anyone have anything (constructive) to say?

Have seen a couple of their teams. Very average.

Comment

New pop-up club. Bottom of the list in Fairfield area. In fact, they are based in Norwalk NOT Fairfield like they claim to be

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...ght=soccerviza

Comment

What a stupid name for a soccer club

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I'm sure there are many strong opinions but wondering if anyone has any experience and/or thoughts about SoccerViza?

We're looking at various premier options in CT and have kicked the tires on all the usual suspects of clubs in the Fairfield area. Recently spoke to two different HS coaches and they both suggested we look at SoccerViza. Having had 3 kids in Travel and Premier the last 4+ years, we have NEVER heard anyone mention the club and have never seen them in league or tournament play.

Website seems legit but a bit sparse. I did see they had a few teams that are middle of the pack in the CCSL tables. Beyond that, there is no info I can find on them.

Anyone have anything (constructive) to say?
          JF is this you? Trying to get people to talk about the teams you stole from NJSA.
          Good job man...

Comment

So their U18 team play earlier in the spring. Not great.

Comment

What a stupid name for a soccer club
              LOL!! Agree, who thought this is a great name? I give this no more than four years before it goes away.

Comment

So their U18 team play earlier in the spring. Not great.
                By U18 there's very little left to see. Most are seniors and they're either playing in college or they are not. Many who are not drop out. The top talent moved into the better leagues years before that.

Comment

The big question is bang for the buck. If they are the same price as a Beachside or Everton then, NFW!

If they are closer in price to town travel then it may not be so bad. Slightly better kids, slightly better coaches, and slightly better competition. If it was my kid, I would rather my kid play hard on a team that battles strong opponents than be a stud on a travel team where he is racking up goals or putting on a dribbling clinic against some travel kids who are probably focused on the lacrosse game they have to go to later in the day.

If your kid has outgrown town travel but you don't want to mortgage your house to follow BS all over the country, it may not be a bad option IF AND ONLY IF the cost is very competitive.

Comment

The big question is bang for the buck. If they are the same price as a Beachside or Everton then, NFW!

If they are closer in price to town travel then it may not be so bad. Slightly better kids, slightly better coaches, and slightly better competition. If it was my kid, I would rather my kid play hard on a team that battles strong opponents than be a stud on a travel team where he is racking up goals or putting on a dribbling clinic against some travel kids who are probably focused on the lacrosse game they have to go to later in the day.

If your kid has outgrown town travel but you don't want to mortgage your house to follow BS all over the country, it may not be a bad option IF AND ONLY IF the cost is very competitive.
                    That area has some good town programs as well as town-premier programs. Then there's the pricier clubs that are wroth the extra $ for certain players (not all). A lot of competition for a new club to battle against.

Comment

By U18 there's very little left to see. Most are seniors and they're either playing in college or they are not. Many who are not drop out. The top talent moved into the better leagues years before that.
                      Like any other pop up premier. There are only so many studs...esp. in Connecticut.

Comment

Like any other pop up premier. There are only so many studs...esp. in Connecticut.
                        Curious to see how people define "pop up premier". The phrase is thrown around all over TS as a pejorative. Is a club pop-up because it's new? Is there some track record that needs to exist before it's considered legit?

I have no opinion one way or another about Viza. I would think it fits even the most basic definition of "pop up" because it literally appeared out of nowhere. My question is when does a club become legit or start to deserve some respect? Is it recording some wins? Is it years in business?

Barca in Long Island is a year old. Is that a pop-up? Revolution has been around for a few years but fields teams that can't beat a town travel B team. Are they still a pop-up? CFC is expanding the South branch, is that a pop-up?

Comment

I jus saw this on another post:
                          "Long story- short... The viza guy went to NJSA (Norwalk) as DOC, after 3 months, he was fired... The board found out his plan to steal all the teams... During the 3 months, he stole the best players emails and brain-washed the parents to start a new venture with him... he was able to pull 3 teams out of the town travel program.
                          He is Italian, the Italians in Norwalk don't want him around... He cannot train or play in the town, so he is good friends with the danbury dome people and play all home games there."

Comment

It’s another local team to play and let’s hope they develop and contribute to local soccer leagues. There is good competition in this state, some programs want you to think there isn’t, especially of u can write a $3500.00 check.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X