Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why does that matter? Whether the DA teams are more are less than the premier teams does not change the fact that the premier teams are revenue generators to support the DA teams.

You may be the only person who does not believe that.
    What exactly do you mean by "support"? Are you saying that running the DA program is done so at a financial loss, and that the B and C teams operate at a profit? And those profits are used to offset the DA losses? That would be poor business operations. Most businesses use the prestige of the top-level of their business to charge more money and get a higher profit margin.

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "support"? Are you saying that running the DA program is done so at a financial loss, and that the B and C teams operate at a profit? And those profits are used to offset the DA losses? That would be poor business operations. Most businesses use the prestige of the top-level of their business to charge more money and get a higher profit margin.
      Not the op but have been involved with club management in the past. No club wants to run teams at a loss, ever. USSF does want clubs to charge lower fees for DA teams whenever possible. But that doesn't mean they're running them at a loss; USSF knows they are running businesses. Yes it costs more to run DA teams, mostly due to additional coaching needs for the whole year, field rentals if you don't have your own and extra travel. But clubs can manage that simply by having bigger rosters. Break even on a premier team is usually around player #14. Carry a roster of 22 as many DA teams do they're making a little bit. Worst case they are break even.

Boys is different as they've been under USSF pressure longer to lower fees and they have to fight against free MLS clubs. Some non MLS clubs charge nearly as much for DA as premier so you can't say BDA is always cheaper.

Comment

You're all getting hung up on individual team P&Ls, which don't really matter. You can internally allocate P&L any way you want. Here my bottom line: if for some reason NYSC was prevented from fielding premier teams, the DA teams would cost more.

If NYSC couldn't field U Little teams, the DA teams would cost more.

If NYSC couldn't run clinics, futsal, summer camps and vacation camps, the DA teams would cost more.

At the very least, those things produce profit that enable them to give scholarships to DA players. Premier players do not get scholarships.

And the people that run the DA clubs would be happy to admit that. It's the parents of the premier players who think their kids are there because the coaches think they're just a step away from Academy who refuse to admit it's true.

Comment

Not the op but have been involved with club management in the past. No club wants to run teams at a loss, ever. USSF does want clubs to charge lower fees for DA teams whenever possible. But that doesn't mean they're running them at a loss; USSF knows they are running businesses. Yes it costs more to run DA teams, mostly due to additional coaching needs for the whole year, field rentals if you don't have your own and extra travel. But clubs can manage that simply by having bigger rosters. Break even on a premier team is usually around player #14. Carry a roster of 22 as many DA teams do they're making a little bit. Worst case they are break even.

Boys is different as they've been under USSF pressure longer to lower fees and they have to fight against free MLS clubs. Some non MLS clubs charge nearly as much for DA as premier so you can't say BDA is always cheaper.
          So then in what way are B and C teams there “revenue generators to support the DA”? If the DA is not operating at a loss, then why does it need the revenue from the B and C teams?

Comment

You're all getting hung up on individual team P&Ls, which don't really matter. You can internally allocate P&L any way you want. Here my bottom line: if for some reason NYSC was prevented from fielding premier teams, the DA teams would cost more.

If NYSC couldn't run clinics, futsal, summer camps and vacation camps, the DA teams would cost more.

At the very least, those things produce profit that enable them to give scholarships to DA players. Premier players do not get scholarships.

And the people that run the DA clubs would be happy to admit that. It's the parents of the premier players who think their kids are there because the coaches think they're just a step away from Academy who refuse to admit it's true.
            Lots of vague generalizations without any specifics to back it up. why cant you provide the information if you are such an expert on this.

Comment

Wow seriously? NYSC doesn’t give scholarships to players who can’t afford to play if they are not on the DA team? I’ve never heard of a club that would do that. Our town travel club even offers scholarships to kids who can’t afford it. If this is true, NYSC should be ashamed.

Comment

Wow seriously? NYSC doesn’t give scholarships to players who can’t afford to play if they are not on the DA team? I’ve never heard of a club that would do that. Our town travel club even offers scholarships to kids who can’t afford it. If this is true, NYSC should be ashamed.
                I’m the OP of that claim and I’ll backtrack on that one point. I do not know it to be true, I just believe it to be true.

Your town club likely has a primary goal of getting the most kids possible playing.

Comment

Lots of vague generalizations without any specifics to back it up. why cant you provide the information if you are such an expert on this.
                  NYSC DA age premier team registration fees for next year are $3500-3600. DA is below $3000.

So that’s all you needed?

They wouldn’t tell you any different if you asked. It’s not some great big secret that I would need some expertise to know.

Comment

NYSC DA age premier team registration fees for next year are $3500-3600. DA is below $3000.

They wouldn’t tell you any different if you asked. It’s not some great big secret that I would need some expertise to know.
                    No idea why you are so obnoxious about this. I dont really want to pay for another kid's luxury soccer lessons and I dont want someone else footing the bill for my kid. Curious about how this really works and if the families of lower team players pay for my kid (if they make the first team) I want to understand how it works.

Comment

Whoa, that's expensive! WC ECNL is $2700, NPL is $2100. I believe NYCFC is $5000 but am not certain.

Comment

No idea why you are so obnoxious about this. I dont really want to pay for another kid's luxury soccer lessons and I dont want someone else footing the bill for my kid. Curious about how this really works and if the families of lower team players pay for my kid (if they make the first team) I want to understand how it works.
                        If you're getting caught up on that issue you're looking at it all wrong. You should be picking a club based on the quality of coaching and fit for your child, then other things like overall expense/fit with family budget, time etc. If that all works why do you care how the club handles it's overall budgets?

Comment

Whoa, that's expensive! WC ECNL is $2700, NPL is $2100. I believe NYCFC is $5000 but am not certain.
                          ECNL and NPL are 6 months, DA is 10.

Comment

Nycfc is a different club so they would not be getting subsidy funds from wc. Seems like they could get subsidy funds from the mls side like the boys get.

Nysc has other teams besides the da teams in the club so it is possible that they do subsidized the top teams with the lower teams if those prices are correct.

Comment

Nycfc is a different club so they would not be getting subsidy funds from wc. Seems like they could get subsidy funds from the mls side like the boys get.

Nysc has other teams besides the da teams in the club so it is possible that they do subsidized the top teams with the lower teams if those prices are correct.
                              WCFC boys DA is $2400

Comment

Nysc da

That is absolutely 100% not true.

I know because I got my bill for a BDA U-13 player last week. Your information is wrong, you are spreading false numbers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X