X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

And your poll of one voter:

6) CFC (3-7-1). Has been struggling quite a bit this year; got rolled by FC in their own backyard. Must annoy them slightly that two of FC's best players live a lot closer to Salem than they do to Hillsboro. Will they be the first team to lose to Eastside? They play ET a visit this weekend.
    Which two players are these?
    The OP must be from FCP to know where the players live.

Comment

Your FC bias is showing, pull up your pants
      Of course they are an FC parent. They have FC ahead of Crossfire, when Crossfire has beat FC, and tied Washington. Yes, FC has recorded a win against Crossfire, but that win went to the Ref, not to FC. Nonetheless, I enjoy the predictions, the recaps, the uncanny accuracy, and the humor. I also appreciate the little jabs at Westside! GOOOOOOO PORTLAND!

Comment

Which two players are these?
        The OP must be from FCP to know where the players live.
        Either that, or the OP knows how to look this sort of stuff up on the USSDA website.

(Fun fact: One of FC's players posed for his official USSDA photo wearing an ADF jersey. Don't know if he was trolling his old club, or that's what he happened to be wearing to tryouts, or what).

Comment

So it appears the Washington Timbers did have their leading score playing!
          And their second leading scorer and, and, and...first loss shows the true character of those involved. Someone is not happy with the goalie...

Comment

Of course they are an FC parent. They have FC ahead of Crossfire, when Crossfire has beat FC, and tied Washington. Yes, FC has recorded a win against Crossfire, but that win went to the Ref, not to FC. Nonetheless, I enjoy the predictions, the recaps, the uncanny accuracy, and the humor. I also appreciate the little jabs at Westside! GOOOOOOO PORTLAND!
            You DO know that you can post your own rankings, if you think the Poll of One Voter doesn't like Crossfire...

Comment

Ummmmmmm, FCPDX is ahead of Crossfire (for the time being). FCPDX has 24pts and Crossfire has 23 pts. Duh!

Comment

And their second leading scorer and, and, and...first loss shows the true character of those involved. Someone is not happy with the goalie...
                No, I think you have someone trolling. I am a part of the W T F C parent group and know all the parents in the ‘04/‘05 age group. They are nothing like people are characterizing them on this site. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Both W T F C 04/05 teams are taught to play a certain way. Our coaches constantly educate us as to why they play a certain way and that we will lose games because of it. The 05’s looked outmatched physically on Saturday. That is going to happen. I watched the first 30 min of the ‘04 game and saw the same thing. BSC was bigger than our ‘04’s too. Come to find out the ‘04’s only won 3-2 and played half the game with 10 men. That’s not easy to do when outmatched physically. This shows the maturity of a group that is one year ahead of my sons group. My sons ‘05 group will hopefully mature the same.
                Every game both of the W T F C DA teams are outmatched physically. The coaches keep telling us that they are building intelligent soccer players not physical rugby players. I personally think that there needs to be a mix of the two.

Comment

Actuals:

FC 4, CFC 1. FC takes care of bizness in Salem. Result: Chipped the keeper from 40 yards, back of the net.

CFC 3, ET 1. Crossfire gets the win, but Eastside is no longer the easy W that it used to be. SOMEONE will lose to these guys before the season is over. Result: Off the post, and in.

BSC 4, WashT 3. Another upset of the year candidate--the upsets are always the most interesting thing that happens. I watched parts of this one on Youtube, and the teams were evenly matched, and this could have gone either way. But regardless... Result: Over the crossbar, through the stadium netting, clobbers the beerman.

And your poll of one voter:

1) WashT (8-1-1). One loss isn't enough to knock them out of the top spot, though if they suffer a bad result against Westside this Saturday, FC is now nipping at their heels. Expect their defense to need to work extra hard to deny opponents chip shots on goal. This weekend, Westside visits Harmony (hope they bring a tent), as the battle for the Most Obnoxious Timbers Alliance Club is on the line.

2) FC (8-3-0). Take care of business against Capitol. Move closer to #1. This coming weekend, BSC pays a visit to Charlie's Carpet; with all of the sturm and drang around the BSC/NEU merger, this might be a bit more interesting.

3) Crossfire (7-2-2). Struggle a bit against Eastside, though get the win. Have next weekend off.

4) Westside (4-4-1). Interesting that the team that went their own way during winter break got the first bye during spring; now they get to visit a ticked-off WashT team.

5) BSC (4-6-1). Hand WashT their first loss, and do so in reasonably impressive style; rolling over a defense that hasn't given up many goals. Appears that the former Westside defender who was reported trying out for FC over winter break has instead opted for BSC. Which makes this weekend's visit to FC a tad more interesting.

6) CFC (3-7-1). Has been struggling quite a bit this year; got rolled by FC in their own backyard. Must annoy them slightly that two of FC's best players live a lot closer to Salem than they do to Hillsboro. Will they be the first team to lose to Eastside? They play ET a visit this weekend.

7) Eastside (0-10-0). Still haven't put a point in the table; but this team is improving. Been reported, of course, that they won't do DA next year, but they still have a season to finish. Host Capitol this weekend.
                  Life. Get one.

Comment

No, I think you have someone trolling. I am a part of the W T F C parent group and know all the parents in the ‘04/‘05 age group. They are nothing like people are characterizing them on this site. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Both W T F C 04/05 teams are taught to play a certain way. Our coaches constantly educate us as to why they play a certain way and that we will lose games because of it. The 05’s looked outmatched physically on Saturday. That is going to happen. I watched the first 30 min of the ‘04 game and saw the same thing. BSC was bigger than our ‘04’s too. Come to find out the ‘04’s only won 3-2 and played half the game with 10 men. That’s not easy to do when outmatched physically. This shows the maturity of a group that is one year ahead of my sons group. My sons ‘05 group will hopefully mature the same.
                    Every game both of the W T F C DA teams are outmatched physically. The coaches keep telling us that they are building intelligent soccer players not physical rugby players. I personally think that there needs to be a mix of the two.
                    Great post. Thanks for the balanced view.
                    Personally, I like playing against w t f c for the very reasons you bring up.
                    You do have a parent or parents that are a little more gung ho than you are, and I think that gives you a bad rap which is too bad.

Comment

Life. Get one.
                      Funny. Not.

It appears that I’m on this board and choose to enjoy the predictions. The predictor never trashes players, and interjects a little humor, which makes the whole thing less serious.

You are spending your valuable time on this board, too. Yet you instead choose to be a dick.
                      No one is forcing you to be here. Don’t let the door hit you is the azz on yer way out.

Comment

It’s 12 year old kids soccer. Anyone doing predictions needs to get a life.
                        So what if we have nothing better to do? It’s none of your business what we do in the privacy of our own homes.

Comment

It’s 12 year old kids soccer. Anyone doing predictions needs to get a life.
                          It’s not illegal and it’s not that weird.

Comment

2nd loss to a improved Westside team this weekend.

Comment

It’s not illegal and it’s not that weird.
                              Actually it is.

Comment

So what if we have nothing better to do? It’s none of your business what we do in the privacy of our own homes.
                                I'm sure there are YouTube videos showing how to build ships inside of a bottle. That would be much better than obsessing over 12 year old boys soccer. It's called being a helicopter parent. You should tell your son you post rankings and predictions and see what he thinks of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X