Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's the deal don't listen to these nay sayers but go to a tryout to see for your self. Sure FL soccer is not perfect but it is sure not horrible as some will tell you here. Our son has been in FL club soccer from Jax to Orlando for the past 8 years and have had very few complaints, now our expectations are also not sky high either. It seems these few folks that paint a grim picture more then likely have an axe to grind. Now i will agree some club teams have average talent and training but that's why you don't settle on one club tryout. Next season our son will try and join his ex-teamates at ECNL.
    no axe to grind it not on the level compared to where we came from, its like walking into a time warp of how the game is played down here. coming from the west or southwest will put you into shock mode.

Comment

youth soccer in this state is absolutely horrible in general. They are money scams like previous person said, and the training stinks, the style of soccer stinks, unless you like kickball. And yes, I’m talking about ECNL level play here. Can’t say I care for any of the clubs and have taken my kid out of club soccer it’s that bad.
      Agreed!! My kid is sooo good and everyone else is sooo bad compared to my kid that I just pulled my kid from the sport altogether. She now only plays field hockey.

Don't listen to all these losers. Yes, the level is lower than TX and CA but there are also plenty of success stories. Most people telling you how bad it is have not managed to make the system work for them and they love to congregate in sharing their misery. Find a club, and keep your options open. If your kid is good, your kid will progress and eventually get plenty of exposure. (we were in your shoes and it's worked out just fine).

Comment

Agreed!! My kid is sooo good and everyone else is sooo bad compared to my kid that I just pulled my kid from the sport altogether. She now only plays field hockey.

Don't listen to all these losers. Yes, the level is lower than TX and CA but there are also plenty of success stories. Most people telling you how bad it is have not managed to make the system work for them and they love to congregate in sharing their misery. Find a club, and keep your options open. If your kid is good, your kid will progress and eventually get plenty of exposure. (we were in your shoes and it's worked out just fine).
        progress LOL , more like 50 steps backward each painful week after another at the DA level, its shocking

Comment

progress LOL , more like 50 steps backward each painful week after another at the DA level, its shocking
          Like I said: bitter, shattered dreams, losers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X