Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando City will cease operations in 2019

Reputable and verifiable sources have stated that 2019 is the last year that Orlando City will exist. I can't say that I'm surprised. This has been coming for a long time.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Reputable and verifiable sources have stated that 2019 is the last year that Orlando City will exist. I can't say that I'm surprised. This has been coming for a long time.
    Once MVA took the DA and now are starting their own academy for young players it seems like checkmate. The snake oil salesman and his group of clowns destroyed what was a great opportunity with greed and corruption.

Comment

Are all MLS teams required to have DA teams?

Comment

It's amazing what happens when you ignore talent and focus on politics and the personal agendas of the coaches. DOCs failed to step in when asked, and the dysfunctional family broke up. Now the only question is who gets the kids?

Comment

Most will go to FKK and Rush

Comment

Are all MLS teams required to have DA teams?
            No they're not. I believe that many are dropping the DA.

I predict that the boy's DA will be non-existent within 4 years and the GDA even sooner than that.

Comment

darn I will sure miss playing on their fields of dreams at seminole. Best fields in the state.

Comment

darn I will sure miss playing on their fields of dreams at seminole. Best fields in the state.
                Orlando City doesn't own those fields. There is no indication that Seminole Soccer Complex or Sylvan Lake will be closing.

There's sarcasm in your post. Best in the state? Probably not but good fields? Yes

Comment

Wow.

How can something be mismanaged so badly. All the built in advantages they had to succeeded, and they ar going to completely shutter?

Comment

Of course they will why would they affiliate w that, it will be renamed new badge New Jersey same crap you see now. There is no money in developing these players here in the USA, players leave in free transfer they get nothing. Pay to play format will always be the way in the USA until the law changes

Comment

Of course they will why would they affiliate w that, it will be renamed new badge New Jersey same crap you see now. There is no money in developing these players here in the USA, players leave in free transfer they get nothing. Pay to play format will always be the way in the USA until the law changes
                      Seminole soccer futsal club will be opening up shop next year. Will they be able to keep the ecnl?

Comment

Orlando City will cease operations in 2019

Once MVA took the DA and now are starting their own academy for young players it seems like checkmate. The snake oil salesman and his group of clowns destroyed what was a great opportunity with greed and corruption.
                        My understanding is that Orlando City does not really own the youth program there, that in the USL days and prior to MLS that the club was named something else and they managed to get OC(Phil Rawlins) to give them the ability to use the Orlando City name and colors. Now OC wants to go in a different direction and have actual control of the youth side and that includes moving it away from Seminole and to Osceola or Monteverde.

Comment

My understanding is that Orlando City does not really own the youth program there, that in the USL days and prior to MLS that the club was named something else and they managed to get OC(Phil Rawlins) to give them the ability to use the Orlando City name and colors. Now OC wants to go in a different direction and have actual control of the youth side and that includes moving it away from Seminole and to Osceola or Monteverde.
                          Good. Youth side obviously needs new leadership...it’s a dumpster fire. Maybe OC can come back with strong boys and girls DOCs and put together a quality organization.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2426689]Good. Youth side obviously needs new leadership...it’s a dumpster fire. Maybe OC can come back with strong boys and girls DOCs and put together a quality

I wonder if Montverde has lined up a GDA.

Comment

Most will go to FKK and Rush
                              In another thread someone stated that most of the girls have decided to go to FKK.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X