Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Clinics

Seems like more and more clubs are having them. We are looking to make a move for our younger daughter this year and were going to ask to participate in practices of the clubs we were targeting. But a few are also having the ID clinics this month, so we signed up. What’s the expectation following a clinic?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seems like more and more clubs are having them. We are looking to make a move for our younger daughter this year and were going to ask to participate in practices of the clubs we were targeting. But a few are also having the ID clinics this month, so we signed up. What’s the expectation following a clinic?
    What? It ain't rocket science. Just be aware that those clubs who don't hear late/early ID clinics do them because they are looking to get a leg up on competition and lock kids in early ..... Seems to me they are often trying to hide their warts before they can be exposed. If you go to one of these teams (now or next year) be advised that they are always looking to add to their underdone rosters and whatever you were promised for roster sizes or PT is always in Jeopardy of being revised at any time of the year. Clubs so early is a red flag that the club/team has some type of issue.

Comment

What? It ain't rocket science. Just be aware that those clubs who don't hear late/early ID clinics do them because they are looking to get a leg up on competition and lock kids in early ..... Seems to me they are often trying to hide their warts before they can be exposed. If you go to one of these teams (now or next year) be advised that they are always looking to add to their underdone rosters and whatever you were promised for roster sizes or PT is always in Jeopardy of being revised at any time of the year. Clubs so early is a red flag that the club/team has some type of issue.
      No harm in going to see hears out there and if theres any mutual interest. But I always recommend doing to at least one team practice if you're considering a club. Then you really can watch the team talent, how the coach runs his practice and interacts with the players. Go watch a game too. One time one of my kid's teams was playing another we thought might be a step up, but the coach was a total douche and yelled all the time. Came right off the list.

Comment

No harm in going to see hears out there and if theres any mutual interest. But I always recommend doing to at least one team practice if you're considering a club. Then you really can watch the team talent, how the coach runs his practice and interacts with the players. Go watch a game too. One time one of my kid's teams was playing another we thought might be a step up, but the coach was a total douche and yelled all the time. Came right off the list.
        Yankee united?

Comment

If you choose a club because they tell you your kid will be a starter, you deserve what you get

Comment

Yankee united?
            How did you know :) I'd heard about it but seeing it with your own eyes is eye opening. Seems like almost every club has their share of yellers though

Comment

How did you know :) I'd heard about it but seeing it with your own eyes is eye opening. Seems like almost every club has their share of yellers though
              im sure they didnt even notice your kid and are happy she plays for Sporting and not them

Comment

Are people mixing up ID Clinics with tryouts?? Two different things.

Comment

I was thinking the same exact thing, this is an odd thread.

Comment

But are they? More clubs seem to be trying to route to get an early look at talent before official "tryouts".

Comment

But are they? More clubs seem to be trying to route to get an early look at talent before official "tryouts".
                      Read the first post of this thread. It referenced both but I got the sense he was asking about going to a new clubs activities to move his kid

Comment

OP — maybe I should have phrased this differently. This is my first kid through and she is on the younger side so haven’t been through it all and some of this stuff is new to me.

Yes, I am looking to move my kid this year and figured practicing with a few teams would be the best route prior to tryouts. However in addition to and prior to tryouts, clubs seem to be having ID clinics — so what is the point or expectation. I get that clubs are trying to ID kids prior to tryouts, but what should we expect after attending? A thanks for attending...see you in a few weeks at tryouts email, an offer to join the team or what. I think that was more my question.

Comment

OP — maybe I should have phrased this differently. This is my first kid through and she is on the younger side so haven’t been through it all and some of this stuff is new to me.

Yes, I am looking to move my kid this year and figured practicing with a few teams would be the best route prior to tryouts. However in addition to and prior to tryouts, clubs seem to be having ID clinics — so what is the point or expectation. I get that clubs are trying to ID kids prior to tryouts, but what should we expect after attending? A thanks for attending...see you in a few weeks at tryouts email, an offer to join the team or what. I think that was more my question.
                          who is having premier soccer Id clinics? I thought you meant for college?

Comment

Yankee united

They need to find a new unicorn

Comment

OW is !!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X