Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which College Programs Have the Least Transfers

Does anyone know of a website that tracks a school's transfer rates over a period of years?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know of a website that tracks a school's transfer rates over a period of years?
    What a great way to find a program and school with great satisfaction. I hope there is one.

Comment

What a great way to find a program and school with great satisfaction. I hope there is one.
      Why? Usually the fault for a transfer lies more with the player and their family than with the coach. 99 out of 100 times the player got to a place they either didn't like or didn't fit. Whose fault is that? Even if the coach is a lying psycho they should still look to their own decision making process.

Comment

Why? Usually the fault for a transfer lies more with the player and their family than with the coach. 99 out of 100 times the player got to a place they either didn't like or didn't fit. Whose fault is that? Even if the coach is a lying psycho they should still look to their own decision making process.
        You forget that coaches often leave or get fired. When that happens the new guy usually wants to make huge changes which may or may not include the players who are already there. The new guy may be a total jerk too. No telling. Some coaches are worse than used car salesmen also. Everything may seem square going in, only to find out you were sold a bill of goods. It's an imperfect process.

The transfer rate for mens' is much higher for men than women (about 20% vs 10%). Based on what I've seen with a boy and a girl playing in college I think men are more willing to walk if they're not getting satisfactory PT. There's probably more a tendency to pick more based on soccer rather than the school fit - then compound that with poor PT and it's no wonder. I think girls do a better job with school fit and once on a team are less likely to want to leave. JMHO and observations.

Comment

Harvard

Comment

Harvard
            Hope this helps. Found this:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...acker_aid43621

Comment

You forget that coaches often leave or get fired. When that happens the new guy usually wants to make huge changes which may or may not include the players who are already there. The new guy may be a total jerk too. No telling. Some coaches are worse than used car salesmen also. Everything may seem square going in, only to find out you were sold a bill of goods. It's an imperfect process.

The transfer rate for mens' is much higher for men than women (about 20% vs 10%). Based on what I've seen with a boy and a girl playing in college I think men are more willing to walk if they're not getting satisfactory PT. There's probably more a tendency to pick more based on soccer rather than the school fit - then compound that with poor PT and it's no wonder. I think girls do a better job with school fit and once on a team are less likely to want to leave. JMHO and observations.
              Coaching changes should never be a surprise if you do your due diligence. Even if you don't you should be aware of some of the signs. Young coach been at a lower school for more than 4 years and doing well. Time to move on. Losing coach or Long time coach gone stale. Time to be moved on. D1 is a results oriented business. Changes are seldom surprises to those watching.

Comment

Harvard
                Least amount? Girls or guys?

Comment

Coaching changes should never be a surprise if you do your due diligence. Even if you don't you should be aware of some of the signs. Young coach been at a lower school for more than 4 years and doing well. Time to move on. Losing coach or Long time coach gone stale. Time to be moved on. D1 is a results oriented business. Changes are seldom surprises to those watching.
                  Sure of course, but there's still surprises too. One coach my older players was talking to was hired by an MLS club (he had played professionally himself). He had a good record but he hadn't been there very long and had family in the area - seemed like he'd be there awhile. Replacement coach seems to be a train wreck.

If it were that easy to predict coaching staff, PT, liking the school, burnout there wouldn't be nearly as many transfers or kids dropping out after awhile. The odds of playing all four years isn't great so more the reason to make sure it's the school for you.

different poster

Comment

Judging by that list it doesn't appear that any one school has a lot of transfers going out but it's abundantly clear there are a number of schools that will pick up a fairly large number of transfers and bring them into their program. I would be curious to know if there is an average scholarship percentage transfers receive.

Comment

Harvard
                      Since you mention it, is it legal for Harvard’s coach to coach for a local club?

Comment

Since you mention it, is it legal for Harvard’s coach to coach for a local club?
                        yes. college coaches do it all the time.

Comment

yes. college coaches do it all the time.
                          Really? How is that not recruiting advantage and it is not violation of NCAA rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            Not at Harvard.

Comment

There are a ton of club coaches that also coach at a college program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X