Clear All

can we stay of topic.......

anyone actually play there?

Comment

Lake Grove Newfield- Reviews?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      can we stay of topic.......

anyone actually play there?
      LGN is a legit club....probably one of the best non-academy type clubs on LI....end of story.

Comment

LGN is a legit club....probably one of the best non-academy type clubs on LI....end of story.
        Good luck with all the trash.

Comment

Good luck with all the trash.
          No repeat insults. It's boring.

Comment

No, princess is a superstar and needs to be in the first division or higher!
            uh Princess is in the second div. Quite possibly in the 3rd come spring. You may not like the princess and her king and queen parents, but get your facts straight.

Comment

uh Princess is in the second div. Quite possibly in the 3rd come spring. You may not like the princess and her king and queen parents, but get your facts straight.
              Sounds like a successful season? If they are turning players over left and right, perhaps they should stop that and work on some chemistry.

Comment

OMG.... I just spit out my drink reading this. Are you for real??? Seriously??? How about this, LGN is one of the best clubs in the Centereach / Selden area. That makes sense.

Man you people are soooo delusional. You have no clue what is actual out there in the soccer landscape.

Best non academy clubs on LI!!! Best post EVERRRRRRRR!!

Comment

OMG.... I just spit out my drink reading this. Are you for real??? Seriously??? How about this, LGN is one of the best clubs in the Centereach / Selden area. That makes sense.

Man you people are soooo delusional. You have no clue what is actual out there in the soccer landscape.

haters always gonna hate.

Comment

I have 4 kids that are all on good teams that play against them often. They are impressive to say the least. Definitely one of the top clubs on LI.

Comment

I have 4 kids that are all on good teams that play against them often. They are impressive to say the least. Definitely one of the top clubs on LI.
                      I only have 3 and we play against them a lot as well. my oldest played with them as a guest player for a tournament once....they are tough.

Comment

They really don't recruit that well. Although, they have been getting really big recently, so I guess they are starting to?? But name a successful program that doesn't recruit... Should they say no to talented players? LOL.

On average, the training is very good. The trainers seem really passionate and knowledgeable. You would have to be more specific about the age/gender though.
                        The main difference is that most teams/clubs stop recruiting when their rosters are full. LGN will keep grabbing kids year round, displacing the weaker players.

Again, if you want to be a top team it's a good way to get there. But for your average youth soccer player who just wants to have fun playing soccer for 8 months before having to worry about having to go through tryouts again, it can be a very disappointing experience.

Comment

The main difference is that most teams/clubs stop recruiting when their rosters are full. LGN will keep grabbing kids year round, displacing the weaker players.

Again, if you want to be a top team it's a good way to get there. But for your average youth soccer player who just wants to have fun playing soccer for 8 months before having to worry about having to go through tryouts again, it can be a very disappointing experience.
                          Allmost All competive programs are like this...If you cant take it...find an interleague program...Its not competitve in the fact standings are not generated. Its for kids that just want to play. I'm sure LGN has teams in the interleage as well.

Comment

Allmost All competive programs are like this...If you cant take it...find an interleague program...Its not competitve in the fact standings are not generated. Its for kids that just want to play. I'm sure LGN has teams in the interleage as well.
                            No, not really. Usually once teams get up to around 18 players they stop and let it ride for the year, or at least for a full season.

Not saying that LGN is unique in it's endless recruiting, or that it isn't effective in making top teams. It just isn't for everybody, including most travel players.

Comment

No, not really. Usually once teams get up to around 18 players they stop and let it ride for the year, or at least for a full season.

Not saying that LGN is unique in it's endless recruiting, or that it isn't effective in making top teams. It just isn't for everybody, including most travel players.
                              I am from LGN and I can respect that opinion. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for the problem you bring up. A lot of clubs I know do that, and a lot do not. The higher level clubs tend to recruit year-round. I don't know many top level teams that say no to good players. If you truly want to grow your program you kind of have to be fair to all players that are interested in the program. If you do not take them then they will just go elsewhere. Its not like they are going to wait patiently for a spot to open up. But I do agree it would stink to pay for the year and then mid-year get replaced. Tough one...

Comment

Talking-Soccer

hey I heard that it's a great team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X