• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya same with the ODP question.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It's amazing how many colleges attend DA events just saying
      Last year it was not bad. But this year the quality dropped. I am not saying that ECNL is better, so hold on to your pit bull.

Comment

Mostly true. I believe quality players will be found.

I have also filled out applications and when it chose the club, only DA clubs were listed. Yes, I could fill in "other".
        Knowing what we know about the inconsistent DA program performance (girls-side at least), about the fractured nature of talent among all the different alphabet soup named leagues, and the penchant for high level club soccer to be the domain of the well-off economically speaking, do you really want to play for a coach in a program that seems to only want "DA" players?

What does that say about that coach's view of players in other leagues? Personally, I'd tell that program to screw. 1000 other college soccer programs out there to choose from.

Comment

Knowing what we know about the inconsistent DA program performance (girls-side at least), about the fractured nature of talent among all the different alphabet soup named leagues, and the penchant for high level club soccer to be the domain of the well-off economically speaking, do you really want to play for a coach in a program that seems to only want "DA" players?

What does that say about that coach's view of players in other leagues? Personally, I'd tell that program to screw. 1000 other college soccer programs out there to choose from.
          Knock yourself out.

Always let pride get in the way of a good opportunity. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Knock yourself out.

Always let pride get in the way of a good opportunity. Makes perfect sense.
            "Dad, this is the college I really want to go to. They have a great program right in my desired field, I love the location and campus. They are a great team, too, and I think I can play for them."

"No way my sweetie. They didn't have your club in the drop down, and I'll be goddamned if I'm going to send my child to a school that values another league over what I just dumped tens of thousands of cash into. You'll go where I tell you to go."

Comment

Mostly true. I believe quality players will be found.

I have also filled out applications and when it chose the club, only DA clubs were listed. Yes, I could fill in "other".
              Hunk of crap

Comment

Having Ecnl or Da is a necessity if wanting to play top D1.

Comment

Having Ecnl or Da is a necessity if wanting to play top D1.
                  Untrue, but keep selling the dream. Do the numbers show MOST in top D1 have played either DA or ECNL, yes. But is it imperative? NOPE! If you are a DA/ECNL level player (with Top D1 ability) that has chosen not to play in either of those leagues for whatever reason, you can still play top D1 without the patch. In the end, it is not the league that matters it is the talent.

Comment

Ecnl or DA end of story.

Comment

Ecnl or DA end of story.
                      Certainly easier, but not 100% true.

I know of an NPL player going to an ACC D1 school next year.

Comment

Ecnl or DA end of story.
                        More ECNL less DA. End of story.

Comment

I find it so funny that every dig at Stars involves JD being greedy. Have you met the guy? I’m a proud NEFCsheep soon out the door.
                          And why wouldn't he be what you want when you meet him it's his back pocket to protect

Comment

So you are agreeing that he's nice to people, but it's disingenuous because he's building a business.

Comment

So you are agreeing that he's nice to people, but it's disingenuous because he's building a business.
                              I am agreeing that all club soccer, specially the what so called top clubs, are like this. Show me one that does it for the love of the game i'll show you a liar.

Comment

They're all a business. Never ever forget it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X