CFC 2-4-2 with a -12 GD and 6 out of 8 teams in the North division
    FSA 1-5-2 with a -10 GD and 7 out of 8 teams in the North division

CFC won the head-to-head, so I guess they're the better team, lol

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    U14s not exactly lighting it up for CFC and FSA

Not sure which team your princess plays for but I'm guessing they aren't better than either of these.

OW team got embarrassed at their National event last June.

The reality is CT is small state. We have three different options CFC, FSA and OW that offer the better female players the platform to compete against the tops teams in the region and nationally. Every so often, the state catches lightening in bottle and has a team do very well regionally and even nationally. More often than not, this is the typical result when dealing with Stars of Mass, PDA or club like Penn Fusion in the DA. They pull from huge geographic areas.

For the most part our talent here is spread out and diluted. At least FSA has improved over what SoccerPLus was going back in the day.

Comment

Not sure which team your princess plays for but I'm guessing they aren't better than either of these.

The reality is CT is small state. We have three different options CFC, FSA and OW that offer the better female players the platform to compete against the tops teams in the region and nationally. Every so often, the state catches lightening in bottle and has a team do very well regionally and even nationally. More often than not, this is the typical result when dealing with Stars of Mass, PDA or club like Penn Fusion in the DA. They pull from huge geographic areas.

For the most part our talent here is spread out and diluted. At least FSA has improved over what SoccerPLus was going back in the day.
      Well, hard to tell if my princess's team is any better. But doubt it could be worse. And I pay a lot less. Who's paying to have their kid be on a bottom feeding ECNL team? Good luck with that.

Comment

Well, hard to tell if my princess's team is any better. But doubt it could be worse. And I pay a lot less. Who's paying to have their kid be on a bottom feeding ECNL team? Good luck with that.
        Bottom feeding ECNL kids have a pretty good track record of getting nice discounts for their for years in college.

Good thing you are saving a few bucks on club fees though. Congrats.

Btw, what's the point of researching U14 results from other clubs. Make you feel better about Sporting or Ginga?

Comment

The Oakwood team youbreference is their current 15’s, an average team. Their current 14’s are very good, 2-3 goals better than CFC or fsa. Easily.

Comment

Bottom feeding ECNL kids have a pretty good track record of getting nice discounts for their for years in college.

Good thing you are saving a few bucks on club fees though. Congrats.

Btw, what's the point of researching U14 results from other clubs. Make you feel better about Sporting or Ginga?
            You're delusional. Give me the track record of what you speak. If the team stinks, they might be lucky if one or 2 top kids are being recruited by schools you would want your kid to attend.

Comment

U14s not exactly lighting it up for CFC and FSA

It's 13 year old soccer. It's been awhile since my kid was that age but isn't now U14 when CFC becomes United rather than just one branch? If so then it's a new team and it's just the fall. Most times the teams get stronger over the years as players mature and the club adds some new talent here and there. FSA is always poor. They don't improve with age and aren't a destination club for top players. CFC kicks their azz on commits every year.

Another poster is also right that we're a small state with not a lot of talent. What we do have is spread out across clubs.

Comment

You're delusional. Give me the track record of what you speak. If the team stinks, they might be lucky if one or 2 top kids are being recruited by schools you would want your kid to attend.
                Hey OW dad you may want to do some research on your own club's placements. They're not exactly rocking it. Yes FSA generally stinks in terms of performance and placements. If your kid can only make an FSA team they better be a 100% starter or I'd question your sanity. But CFC generally does very well. Compare notes in the spring on where their kids are going vs OW.

Comment

Hey OW dad you may want to do some research on your own club's placements. They're not exactly rocking it. Yes FSA generally stinks in terms of performance and placements. If your kid can only make an FSA team they better be a 100% starter or I'd question your sanity. But CFC generally does very well. Compare notes in the spring on where their kids are going vs OW.
                  Hey CFC dad trying to justify spending $4000 a year to watch his kid lose 2 out of every 3 games, if your kid wants to play college soccer anywhere worth going, she's going to have to have coaches interested in coming and watching her play starting next year - maybe sophomore year in HS if she isn't looking high D1. So good luck when you aren't playing ECNL championships in the Spring...and your kid's team can't attract any coaches to the 4th tier of Jeff Cup.

Comment

Hey CFC dad trying to justify spending $4000 a year to watch his kid lose 2 out of every 3 games, if your kid wants to play college soccer anywhere worth going, she's going to have to have coaches interested in coming and watching her play starting next year - maybe sophomore year in HS if she isn't looking high D1. So good luck when you aren't playing ECNL championships in the Spring...and your kid's team can't attract any coaches to the 4th tier of Jeff Cup.
                    lol the OW intern has been really busy the last few days. First it was a rumor players are joining, now trying to pretend they understand how CFC operates, OR how college coaches look at talent. Here's a hint OW dad: they don't shop leagues or teams. They shop talent. Is OW trying to hide what will likely be a poor showcase performance?

Comment

lol the OW intern has been really busy the last few days. First it was a rumor players are joining, now trying to pretend they understand how CFC operates, OR how college coaches look at talent. Here's a hint OW dad: they don't shop leagues or teams. They shop talent. Is OW trying to hide what will likely be a poor showcase performance?
                      OW still exists? Seriously?

Comment

OW still exists? Seriously?
                        Do CFC parents really care what an OW parent of an 8th kid has to say about club soccer or let alone recruiting?

It’s like 9 kids from Glastonbury and Hebron that pass on HS to “sign” at Endicott College. Not a factor around here anymore

Glad they have a good u14 team though

Comment

Not the OP, but I think the point is that if the team's not that good then no one's shopping for the "talent"

Comment

Not the OP, but I think the point is that if the team's not that good then no one's shopping for the "talent"
                            Also not the OP, but that point makes no sense. Great players with talent aren’t all on great teams, it just doesn’t work that way, but you knew that right?

Comment

Well, we know two kids on fsa team and are always amazed that they are still there. Not very skilled. Big, yes. Skilled? No. That's what you get at fsa

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X