Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where did they come up with $150 for tryout fee? That’s very expensive for just try outs.
    Has anyone asked us soccer what they think about this? Don’t their rule prohibit a try out fee?

Comment

Thornz Asylum can't draw flies. No surprise though given the high costs, horrible coaching, rec-level competition, and low quality of the teams they've had over the last 4 years.
      It all stinks! Every club, every coach, every league, every DOC. And sharing a sideline with someone like you...don't get me started, just gonna say it has to stink

Comment

It all stinks! Every club, every coach, every league, every DOC. And sharing a sideline with someone like you...don't get me started, just gonna say it has to stink
        No, it doesn't all stink. Just Thornz Asylum. And they stink so bad you'd think they all swam in the Willamette after a heavy rain storm.

Comment

No, it doesn't all stink. Just Thornz Asylum. And they stink so bad you'd think they all swam in the Willamette after a heavy rain storm.
          Too bad we all know you are from the failing fc Portland group

Comment

Has anyone asked us soccer what they think about this? Don’t their rule prohibit a try out fee?
            I really don't think that US Soccer cares one whiff what anyone is doing. They are dealing with trying to salvage their new attempt at a program.

Comment

Sorry it’s my OCD acting up but would it be too much to ask for you all to spell and grammar check before hitting the post button? I usually ignore it but it’s gettimg a bit much.

Comment

Sorry it’s my OCD acting up but would it be too much to ask for you all to spell and grammar check before hitting the post button? I usually ignore it but it’s gettimg a bit much.
                It’s ironic that you complain about lack of spell/grammar check.

Comment

Stop bringing up the try out fee. Nobody thinks $150 for try out fee is unreasonable.

Comment

Stop bringing up the try out fee. Nobody thinks $150 for try out fee is unreasonable.
                    Has anyone asked how the thorns kid’s soccer staff came up with the $150 try-out fee amount?

Their might be a perfectly good explanation.

Its really pretty good thinking. If they comvince 9 kids to come to try outs theyll make $1,500 which would be nice for them.

Comment

Has anyone asked how the thorns kid’s soccer staff came up with the $150 try-out fee amount?

Its really pretty good thinking. If they comvince 9 kids to come to try outs theyll make $1,500 which would be nice for them.
                      Same reason ECNL charges a tryout fee. Only difference is with ECNL you then pay about $8500 to play for a five month season. With Thorns it’s $2k for a 10 month season. Quality and visibility are the same. Only people griping are those that paid the $150 and didn’t get on last year.

Comment

Why not ask them instead of discussing here?

Comment

Can they get 9 kids out to try outs with that steep fee?

Comment

Same reason ECNL charges a tryout fee. Only difference is with ECNL you then pay about $8500 to play for a five month season. With Thorns it’s $2k for a 10 month season. Quality and visibility are the same. Only people griping are those that paid the $150 and didn’t get on last year.
                            The people who are complaining about the $150 are people who play ECNL and did not even tryout. People just want to find something to complain about because the reality is the GDA and ECNL are more similar than different.

Comment

Yes that is good money. I agree. But why profit off try outs? I wonder if it discourages kids from trying out?

Comment

The people who are complaining about the $150 are people who play ECNL and did not even tryout. People just want to find something to complain about because the reality is the GDA and ECNL are more similar than different.
                                Exactly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X