Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's nothing to be "scared of". Nor is there any reason to integrate anybody. There are plenty of leagues and teams in every back yard. If you wish to play soccer close by your home, I'm sure you have lots of options. If you want to play in a league like the ECNL, the commitment level and travel is probably going to be much greater than your local team. That's the nature of that league. If you look at the makeup of those ECNL rosters, players come from all over, and yes often they are 1+ hours away in many cases. And while of course not EVERY single player is the best player, by and large, collectively, these are the best players around. If you want to play with the best against the best, you cannot have it watered down with 20 teams in New England. 5 is more than enough. So either travel to one option that works for you, or just be happy playing where you are now. Don't expect the league to bend to suit you. It's fine the way it is.
    Not sure you are getting it. There are dozens of players perfectly capable of playing in ECNL, but you only have so many teams and in so few locations. So, instead, we have GDA players driving down I95, in parallel to ECNL players, to play teams in different leagues. It's stupid.

I have no problem with traveling, but the duplicitous travel.

Nobody said 20, I said 8. Right now, the ECNL doesn't capture all the best players and I would think that would be there goal. Get the best players, get them to compete with the best teams. Don't run from some.

Don't be so scared ECNL.

Comment

Not sure you are getting it. There are dozens of players perfectly capable of playing in ECNL, but you only have so many teams and in so few locations. So, instead, we have GDA players driving down I95, in parallel to ECNL players, to play teams in different leagues. It's stupid.

Nobody said 20, I said 8. Right now, the ECNL doesn't capture all the best players and I would think that would be there goal. Get the best players, get them to compete with the best teams. Don't run from some.

Don't be so scared ECNL.
      So we have established that ECNL is the league of choice for most. Perhaps his supposed ECNL2 will allow other clubs in and on a earned basis, allow clubs to attain full ECNL?

Comment

So we have established that ECNL is the league of choice for most. Perhaps his supposed ECNL2 will allow other clubs in and on a earned basis, allow clubs to attain full ECNL?
        No, YOU have established it. My opinion is you are not getting all the players, which should be the goal. So, open it up, don't be scared of competition, and let them compete on a level playing field.

Don't be so scared.

Comment

No, YOU have established it. My opinion is you are not getting all the players, which should be the goal. So, open it up, don't be scared of competition, and let them compete on a level playing field.

Don't be so scared.
          What teams do you want to see added? I'd love to see NEFC and SSS in ECNL... beyond that, I'm not sure you'd be adding clubs that would compete in the top half of the NE

Comment

What teams do you want to see added? I'd love to see NEFC and SSS in ECNL... beyond that, I'm not sure you'd be adding clubs that would compete in the top half of the NE
            Read back; detailed plan already provided.

Looking over the results, I see some fluff in ECNL and those would be replaced by other NE teams. Some would then not make the decision to travel to the existing ECNL teams, and would go to more local teams (I know this from speaking directly with those players/parents). So you may not consider the other teams worthwhile, the reality is they would compete as much as what is offered out of the Region now, and as they got better it would level off...some.

You can still do crossover games, which do count in your standings (i.e. like NFL/MLB intra-conference/league games) outside of NE. You can still have showcases, two on the coasts and a National one if you so desire.

Other than fear of competition and pride, I don't see any negatives.

Comment

I have a feeling if NEFC, SSS and Oakwood made a presentation to ECNL about leaving the GDA if they could get ECNL for their girls, they maybe able to get past the JD block

Comment

I have a feeling if NEFC, SSS and Oakwood made a presentation to ECNL about leaving the GDA if they could get ECNL for their girls, they maybe able to get past the JD block
                Already tried and failed. If that were the case, they'd already be there and GDA wouldn't exist.

ECNL Mafia doesn't allow it. They'd rather pound a team far away then compete locally.

Comment

Don't be so scared ECNL.
                  Don't be scared...ECNL Mafia...tired narratives.

I'm not sure you are getting it actually. If you are happy in GDA (or NPL) then stay put, no need to continue this discussion. But if you are not happy with GDA and you are one of the "dozens" that supposedly could play in ECNL, then come do it. Come win a spot on one of the existing 5 teams. It's that simple.

Yes the goal is to get the best players. But NO league is going to get every single top player. There is always going to be reasons why individuals choose one thing or another...Coke or Pepsi. If a player wants to join ECNL they have that option. If not that's their decision.

Also your opinion of 8 is an arbitrary number. Why not 7? Or 9? Or 12? The more you water down the league the more the margins become weaker. Then the next team in line says well if they can, why not us? If SSS and Oakwood are capable why not Seacoast? If NEFC is capable then why not GPS? And on and on. It's a never ending debate of clubs trying to justify their ability to compete and join. The way it is now there are 2 clubs in MA and 2 in CT, the 2 most populous states in New England. That is more than adequate.

Comment

Don't be so scared.
                    Dummy, are you trying to recreate a failed GDA? You don't need all of the talent split up on too many teams. ECNL should NOT add more teams, they should probably lose their bottom 10% to shore up the competition .... and then, any GDA players that want in, should try out for one of the remaining clubs. THAT is how you make a more competitive league .... adding teams/clubs weakens the whole mess and you will end up with what you have today ... a few reasonably strong teams and a lot of really weak ones which no one relishes traveling to for a game.

Comment

Already tried and failed. If that were the case, they'd already be there and GDA wouldn't exist.

ECNL Mafia doesn't allow it. They'd rather pound a team far away then compete locally.
                      Different poster. that is true. But now things are different. ECNL has a much bigger incentive to steal clubs from GDA. Add OW and NEFC for north, and two more for south and they are both 2 good divisions. Would give them more flexibility to possibly eject 1-2 under performers

Comment

It’s a myopic view to complain about why isn’t (insert local club) in the ECNL. If you were looking at straight quality in the northeast Penn Fusion is getting a spot before any of the New England clubs.

Comment

It’s a myopic view to complain about why isn’t (insert local club) in the ECNL. If you were looking at straight quality in the northeast Penn Fusion is getting a spot before any of the New England clubs.
                          Sure or FC Virginia. Once PDA and the Stars YNT's went back to ECNL (and many of the YNT's that were on other teams, Spirit MD and VA, went back to ECNL), there is no competition in that region. GDA is laughable now.

Comment

Agreed, but wouldn’t FC Virginia be in mid-Atlantic instead of North East?

Comment

Agreed, but wouldn’t FC Virginia be in mid-Atlantic instead of North East?
                              Not sure. VC Virginia is in the same division as Penn Fusion and the Spirit teams (MD and VA) PDA would have been in that division but they went back to ECNL. Where would these teams land back in ECNL land? Where is NYFC going?

Comment

Not sure. VC Virginia is in the same division as Penn Fusion and the Spirit teams (MD and VA) PDA would have been in that division but they went back to ECNL. Where would these teams land back in ECNL land? Where is NYFC going?
                                Did you mean NYCFC ? They're going nowhere but the history books. Players have to find homes at WC, or other DA or ECNL clubs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X