Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well that is confusing, because there are many posts on here that appear to point that they ARE equal teams. Not sure who to believe now (not that I care beyond morbid curiosity).

But, I guess my follow up question would be: who in their right mind would pay the same fee to be on a lesser team (using your example)?
    The teams follow the same training schedule, play in the same league against the exact same teams, attend all the same tournaments and showcases (where they play in the same bracket level). The opportunity is definitely equal.

Players are different (obviously) and they are not coached by the same person (which would be impossible).

Comment

The teams follow the same training schedule, play in the same league against the exact same teams, attend all the same tournaments and showcases (where they play in the same bracket level). The opportunity is definitely equal.

Players are different (obviously) and they are not coached by the same person (which would be impossible).
      I understand the opportunity is equal. I'm not understanding the assertion the TEAMS are equal. There seems to be some discrepancy there. Either they are, they aren't, they were told they were, told they weren't, nobody in their right mind would think they are, etc.

That's the part that is confusing to me.

Comment

I understand the opportunity is equal. I'm not understanding the assertion the TEAMS are equal. There seems to be some discrepancy there. Either they are, they aren't, they were told they were, told they weren't, nobody in their right mind would think they are, etc.

No 2 teams are equal, ever, even if the game went to quadruple overtime.
        Here endeth the confusion. Move along.

Comment

No 2 teams are equal, ever, even if the game went to quadruple overtime.
          Here endeth the confusion. Move along.
          OK, Keeper of All That Needs to be Discussed on Talking-Soccer.com

What shall we discuss next?

Comment

Depends who you believe. The majority of Stars parents that weighed in said that when the announcement was made that Stars was dropping DA and would field 2 ECNL teams, parents were told that both teams would have equal opportunity (play in same division, etc.). This poster claims they said the talent on both teams would be equal (in my opinion, that would be near impossible to promise).

In terms of paying for something "lesser"--if the poster believes his daughter is in the correct spot skill-wise (which he stated), and she is getting the same training, same opposition to play against in the league and at showcases, what the poster is complaining about is the other players on his kid's team and/or the coach.

Comment

Depends who you believe. The majority of Stars parents that weighed in said that when the announcement was made that Stars was dropping DA and would field 2 ECNL teams, parents were told that both teams would have equal opportunity (play in same division, etc.). This poster claims they said the talent on both teams would be equal (in my opinion, that would be near impossible to promise).

In terms of paying for something "lesser"--if the poster believes his daughter is in the correct spot skill-wise (which he stated), and she is getting the same training, same opposition to play against in the league and at showcases, what the poster is complaining about is the other players on his kid's team and/or the coach.
              I believe we were told there would not be an A and a B team. There is a lot of talent in some of the age groups. I imagine in some age groups it becomes closer to an A and B than in others. In my age group the teams are fairly balanced - one would not beat the other 90% of the time. Maybe east would beat west 60% of the time. Teams have bad days, coaches have different styles, lots of factors go into a win.

Frankly I do not understand the fervor around having JD as THE coach. There are other good coaches. I don't think I'd pay more to have him as my coach. So I don't see why I'd pay less to have GB as my coach.

Comment

I think you could interpret it that way (your last sentence), but I don't view it as complaining as much as paying for quality, and receiving quality-1. I guess everyone needs to decide if that bothers them or not.

I do know of one parent on that team and they are 100% positive the teams are equal in skill. Conversely, I know of another parent who thinks the best players went onto the other team; he's not bltching about it though.

I guess it's all open to interpretation.

Comment

No one will know the actual game results of the teams going in, but DEFINITELY put the rosters together with the East teams having their “perceived” best 22 (or wherever the roster size is). The West were given the next best 22. So saying they were going to be built equally was not accurrate regardless of what the results end up being.

Comment

No one will know the actual game results of the teams going in, but DEFINITELY put the rosters together with the East teams having their “perceived” best 22 (or wherever the roster size is). The West were given the next best 22. So saying they were going to be built equally was not accurrate regardless of what the results end up being.
                    Assuming you aren't the complainer from the other thread...is it your impression on the above or was that communicated?

Comment

Assuming you aren't the complainer from the other thread...is it your impression on the above or was that communicated?
                      I am not the guy with the beef, but as I said once way back in the other thread, I have a friend who is on an older stars team who was also mislead a bit about the teams being “equal”. They were not happy about the deception part, But are ultimately OK with being on a West team, because they frankly like their coach better, even though the team around their daughter is a bit weaker.

Comment

I am not the guy with the beef, but as I said once way back in the other thread, I have a friend who is on an older stars team who was also mislead a bit about the teams being “equal”. They were not happy about the deception part, But are ultimately OK with being on a West team, because they frankly like their coach better, even though the team around their daughter is a bit weaker.
                        Understood.

Well, seems like the consensus is:

-They were told they were equal
                        -They were told they were not equal
                        -You are a moron if you think they would be equal

Comment

You crazy parents need to grow up. A, B, East West WHO CARES! We were 100% told where and who was coaching. Contracts are always offered up early to the top players in club and those they are attempting to get outside. Then comes the rest.

I feel sorry for your daughters- little do they know their ******* parents are here making fun of what team they are on.

I believe we were told there would not be an A and a B team. There is a lot of talent in some of the age groups. I imagine in some age groups it becomes closer to an A and B than in others. In my age group the teams are fairly balanced - one would not beat the other 90% of the time. Maybe east would beat west 60% of the time. Teams have bad days, coaches have different styles, lots of factors go into a win.

Frankly I do not understand the fervor around having JD as THE coach. There are other good coaches. I don't think I'd pay more to have him as my coach. So I don't see why I'd pay less to have GB as my coach.

Comment

You crazy parents need to grow up. A, B, East West WHO CARES! We were 100% told where and who was coaching. Contracts are always offered up early to the top players in club and those they are attempting to get outside. Then comes the rest.

I feel sorry for your daughters- little do they know their ******* parents are here making fun of what team they are on.

OK, some those "top players" were offered up early and then not put on a top team after.

Thank you for proving the point.

Comment

Understood.

Well, seems like the consensus is:

-They were told they were equal
                              -They were told they were not equal
                              -You are a moron if you think they would be equal
                              I attended (along with 200 others) the announcement in April. It was asked mulitiple ways and answered multiple times. Same competition platform, equal opportunity, NOT equal teams.

With that said, JD also fondly recalled the Maple days when they had similar structure and pointed out that battles between the 1 & 2 team were elic and often resulted in a W for the 2 team.

I can’t say what any one parent heard or felt was communicated to them, but the message was clear in April, 2 teams, 1 is supposed to be the top.

Comment

OK, some those "top players" were offered up early and then not put on a top team after.

Thank you for proving the point.
                                Again--when you accept the offer, you know which team your player was assigned to, correct? That's a fantastic time to ask any additional questions that you might have. "Hey JD, I see that my kid is on the ECNL West team and you are not the coach. Are East and West teams equal in terms of talent?" Problem solved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X