Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
this is just one type of rare gem type player. all 3 are so talented you cannot "produce" players like this, you need to pray for them. more to the point is where is our modric or cannavaro or kroos or , etc. players that are the meat and potatoes of most good national teams. why are we not producing this type of player that does not require a once in a lifetime stroke of good luck? the players you mentioned are not normal.
my point is:

we should focus on teaching skills that will help produce players to their full potential. Spending soccer practice time on fitness without a ball is not the secret formula for success.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my point is:

we should focus on teaching skills that will help produce players to their full potential. Spending soccer practice time on fitness without a ball is not the secret formula for success.
Agree. Clubs should add this goal and have objectives to meet the goal. Put this on their website in their statement of what sets them apart with their soccer curriculum. Every time I watch high school soccer with all club players I have to cringe. Very few have a good touch, or who can make an accurate pass, and on and on.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

It could be the young freshmen put up against bigger and stronger seniors. The ECNL and DA players with less skill get exposed in high school too. They can't survive in a weak system.