Seacoast Academy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we move away from weight of players? No one really cares (or maybe 1 or 2 people care).... Start a new fat boy or scrawny boy thread if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How about the men's teams?

Those are the men's teams....

Comment

Can we move away from weight of players? No one really cares (or maybe 1 or 2 people care).... Start a new fat boy or scrawny boy thread if you want.
        I just find it curious that someone could make a claim that they eliminate players under 180 pounds, because they can't compete at the collegiate level. I then showed a sampling of top DI teams, and that players over 180 lbs are not very common.

Poster then moves the goalposts, and says he's talking about DII. OK, I get it...lower the Division, better chance to rely on size vs. skill. So, I take a gander at a few DII schools...and find even less fit the model.

So, I continue to wonder just what exactly is this poster referring to when he talks about recruiting larger players...OTHSL.ORG??

Comment

...what exactly is this poster referring to when he talks about recruiting larger players...OTHSL.ORG??
          words hurt sir.

Comment

I just find it curious that someone could make a claim that they eliminate players under 180 pounds, because they can't compete at the collegiate level. I then showed a sampling of top DI teams, and that players over 180 lbs are not very common.

Poster then moves the goalposts, and says he's talking about DII. OK, I get it...lower the Division, better chance to rely on size vs. skill. So, I take a gander at a few DII schools...and find even less fit the model.

So, I continue to wonder just what exactly is this poster referring to when he talks about recruiting larger players...OTHSL.ORG??
            I think it was said relative to Seacoast United academy. The major point being that they don't produce quality skilled players so they better have something else going for them, that being size or strength. But since they don't produce that either, why bother scouting their players?

Comment

I think it was said relative to Seacoast United academy. The major point being that they don't produce quality skilled players so they better have something else going for them, that being size or strength. But since they don't produce that either, why bother scouting their players?
              If the opinion is they aren't skilled enough, then that's a worthy discussion. That was added as an afterthought and the post was about the size of the player being able to compete in some mythical league.

Comment

If the opinion is they aren't skilled enough, then that's a worthy discussion. That was added as an afterthought and the post was about the size of the player being able to compete in some mythical league.
                Here is the money quote that started this discussion (not from me):
                The MA & CT clubs especially have players who have dedicated training to weight rooms and are for the most part over 180 or have the size to compete. We have done very little recruiting in NH as of late because we are not seeing the progression of the NH club player as we have seen in the clubs I listed.

Note the words after 180...'or have the size to compete'.

I presume this to mean players that either weighy 180 or play like they weigh 180. A classic example would be messi who is relatively small but plays much bigger. Presumably the poster feels that Seacoast produces nothing of the kind so that's why they don't bother recruiting there.

Comment

Here is the money quote that started this discussion (not from me):
                  The MA & CT clubs especially have players who have dedicated training to weight rooms and are for the most part over 180 or have the size to compete. We have done very little recruiting in NH as of late because we are not seeing the progression of the NH club player as we have seen in the clubs I listed.

Note the words after 180...'or have the size to compete'.

I presume this to mean players that either weighy 180 or play like they weigh 180. A classic example would be messi who is relatively small but plays much bigger. Presumably the poster feels that Seacoast produces nothing of the kind so that's why they don't bother recruiting there.
                  Not for nothing, but Seacoast did have 5 boys commit to DI programs this year and a bunch more for DII and DIII.

Comment

The new academy director is a good guy. Wants to make Seacoast one of the best clubs in the Northeast. We will see. Best of luck to him. Biggest issue with Seacoast is attracting and keeping top players.

Comment

The new academy director is a good guy. Wants to make Seacoast one of the best clubs in the Northeast. We will see. Best of luck to him. Biggest issue with Seacoast is attracting and keeping top players.
                      Doesn't every DOC want to make their club the best in New England?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X