Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite College Combine?

Recently received this email. Anyone have any experience/feedback about this?

We know the snow is about to melt, so we wanted to invite you to our June college showcase in Bedford, NH on June 18, 2017. This is a great opportunity for high school aged players (2003-1999 birth year) to play for and be coached by area college coaches.

College coaches will be focused on you, coaching you, watching you compete, and giving you an evaluation to let you know what it takes to succeed at the next level. We offer the "Coach Match" system where you tell us what coaches you would like to be seen by. Keep in mind, we can't always promise your first choice, but we try hard to make Coach Match work for you!

Our 3 hour program takes you from warm-up to small sided drills and then into full game play. More details are available on our site, but register early as we cap the camp participants at 40 field players to allow for low player to coach ratios and individual support.

We are here to help answer any question you might have, so please check out our website or drop us a line if you have any questions. And always remember, it is never to early to make these connections!

All the Best,
    Steve Quinones
    Director of Coaching
    director@elitecollegecombine.com

As an added bonus, register before April 15 and we will take $10 off our registration fee!

Register Now
    Visit our Site

Proud to announce our first set of coaches, more to follow!

Looks like it's brand new, as Q was recently with a club. Not sure if he still is

Good representation of coaches there.

Comment

There's countless events like this out there, mostly attended by assistant coaches. Only go if there are schools of interest that are attending. Reach out ahead of time to those coaches to express interest in the school and their program. Don't go expecting to be "discovered" and given an offer. It's largely a screening process in addition to their own camps and attending showcases. With the exception of very small programs most likely you'll still have to attend a separate event on campus.

Wait - I'll add one more reason to attend: if your player is quite young and hasn't started the process yet and NONE of the schools are of interest then it's an easy low cost way to check out the process, see what it's like, level of play etc. Learning experience. You don't want to stumble in front of coaches/programs you care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        There's countless events like this out there, mostly attended by assistant coaches. Only go if there are schools of interest that are attending. Reach out ahead of time to those coaches to express interest in the school and their program. Don't go expecting to be "discovered" and given an offer. It's largely a screening process in addition to their own camps and attending showcases. With the exception of very small programs most likely you'll still have to attend a separate event on campus.

Wait - I'll add one more reason to attend: if your player is quite young and hasn't started the process yet and NONE of the schools are of interest then it's an easy low cost way to check out the process, see what it's like, level of play etc. Learning experience. You don't want to stumble in front of coaches/programs you care about.
        Wow, good points on TS...finally

Comment

Wow, good points on TS...finally
          Thanks. I try :)

Comment

Does look like a decent set of colleges, but you are right, kids should reach out to the coaches. My son did one in CT a while back (different company) and it was good, coach liked him and knows a ton of other coaches in the area. We thought of it as a marketing campaign, never know what coaches know each other...and they do talk to each other!

Comment

OP here. Since my daughter is an 03 we are thinking about using this as a trial run just to see what these clinics are all about.

Comment

Hi, Please feel to ask away if you have any questions. Coach Q and I are running the event and welcome feed back and questions.

-Frank

Comment

Frank,

where can I find more information about this? How to register and which colleges are attending?

Comment

I'm not Frank but here you go:

http://elitecollegecombine.com/

Comment

$140/$150 seems kind of steep for those coaches. Maybe they're still working on bringing in some better schools but until they do I think this is an easy pass.

Comment

Unless your upperclassman daughter is already hearing from college coaches this seems like a pretty good list of coaches to base future interest. BC is typically best in New England, UNH has improved and you have a couple of reasonably competitive DII schools in their conferences. At the least they would be getting feedback into what type of programs would be interested.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm not Frank but here you go:

http://elitecollegecombine.com/
                          Thanks, we will be adding a few more schools, just can't comment yet on who.

Comment

$140/$150 seems kind of steep for those coaches. Maybe they're still working on bringing in some better schools but until they do I think this is an easy pass.
                            Thanks for the feedback, given the schools what do you feel is fair pricing. Remember you have to factor in field rentals, coach stipend, equipment, insurance, etc.

We feel "Better" school is open for interpretation. If a camp had only Harvard/Yale/Brown type schools it would only appeal to the 1% that can get in. By taking a cross section we aim to have an offering that can fit many player interests. Also consider this an opportunity to network with coaches, they all know each other and can help in various ways if your school is not offered.

Thanks,
                            -Frank

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, given the schools what do you feel is fair pricing. Remember you have to factor in field rentals, coach stipend, equipment, insurance, etc.

We feel "Better" school is open for interpretation. If a camp had only Harvard/Yale/Brown type schools it would only appeal to the 1% that can get in. By taking a cross section we aim to have an offering that can fit many player interests. Also consider this an opportunity to network with coaches, they all know each other and can help in various ways if your school is not offered.

Thanks,
                              -Frank
                              We're a bit young right now, but will be interested possibly next year. But, I agree with your cross-section comment. There's a mix from all kinds of ranges around to at least get a feel for the process for all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X