Future of RI Club Soccer? Is there one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who in RI would know the number of players in U11 and above playing premier and competitive soccer?

I bet the numbers now are much lower than three years ago, and then much, much lower than six and ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Who in RI would know the number of players in U11 and above playing premier and competitive soccer?

I bet the numbers now are much lower than three years ago, and then much, much lower than six and ten years ago.
      Are you serious? Its the exact opposite. There are MANY more players playing club soccer than 3 years and 6-10 years ago.

Comment

Are you serious? Its the exact opposite. There are MANY more players playing club soccer than 3 years and 6-10 years ago.
        I said both club and competitive. The total number of players has gone down. The number of town teams has dwindled to almost nothing and the number of club teams with a full cadre of teams at each age group and each gender might be 1 or 2. Most of the clubs listed above have less than 4 teams.

Comment

I said both club and competitive. The total number of players has gone down. The number of town teams has dwindled to almost nothing and the number of club teams with a full cadre of teams at each age group and each gender might be 1 or 2. Most of the clubs listed above have less than 4 teams.
          You are being disingenuous. If kids are leaving town programs that mean they are heading to premier clubs especially amongst the bigger clubs in RI. Bruno, NEFC, GPS, Bayside. They are the beneficiaries of the movement. Bruno are 2-3 teams deep in most age groups. GPS now have North and South divisions. NEFC Southeast and their South County affiliation.

Comment

You are being disingenuous. If kids are leaving town programs that mean they are heading to premier clubs especially amongst the bigger clubs in RI. Bruno, NEFC, GPS, Bayside. They are the beneficiaries of the movement. Bruno are 2-3 teams deep in most age groups. GPS now have North and South divisions. NEFC Southeast and their South County affiliation.
            Which is why I asked for only numbers of total players still playing over U11. The number of Club teams is not an indicator of strength, or progress. Nor is the number of kids playing. I just see a dwindling number of kids playing soccer after the exodus to club teams starting at an early age. I don't call that progress.

Comment

Which is why I asked for only numbers of total players still playing over U11. The number of Club teams is not an indicator of strength, or progress. Nor is the number of kids playing. I just see a dwindling number of kids playing soccer after the exodus to club teams starting at an early age. I don't call that progress.
              Anyone have some actual facts?

Also, you need to take into account the RI players playing in Mass for Mass clubs.

Comment

Anyone have some actual facts?

Also, you need to take into account the RI players playing in Mass for Mass clubs.
                To which there are many. Especially the top ones.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X