Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC to now have NEFC RI SOUTH

Figured it should have its own thread ... Looks like NEFC is taking over the relationship that GPS RI South had with South County

To All Players, Parents, Coaches, and Family Members of South County Youth Soccer Club:

The Mission of South County Youth Soccer Club (SCYSC) is to provide opportunities for all Club members to excel and grow to the best of their abilities. To allow our most skilled and dedicated players the chance to learn from the best coaches and to participate at the highest level of competition, SCYSC established the Elite Program in 2014.

As part of the growth and maturity of the Elite Program, we are delighted to announce that SCYSC has established a new Elite Program partnership with New England FC (NEFC), New England's Premier Elite Soccer Club. NEFC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with over 150 soccer teams and 2000 soccer player members based in 8 regional locations.

The new partnership NEFC SOUTH represents a significant upgrade to our current Elite Program and provides many more opportunities for SCYSC players and coaches. More importantly, the new NEFC SOUTH partnership focuses on building a very strong community club and working collaboratively with all the towns in central and southern RI.

NEFC's player development model, coaching education programs, and college preparation programs are second to none:

1. NEFC's primary focus is player development, and it reinvests income to raise player and coach performance.

2. NEFC has a clearly defined pathway for skilled players seeking to play at the highest levels of soccer offered in New England, including the US Development Academy, Elite Clubs National League (ECNL), National Premier Leagues (NPL), and New England Premiership (NEP). NEFC is also the only club with official working club partnerships with both the New England Revolution and Boston Breakers.

3. NEFC's talent ID program is exceptional, and players are constantly monitored and assessed through constant coach communication, as well as training and club passing opportunities with higher-level teams.

Important Information about the new NEFC SOUTH Program for Players and Families

* Tryouts for boys and girls (birth years 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008) will occur as scheduled -- next week starting MONDAY, June 6th. Visit our website www.scysc.org for times, locations, and registration.

* The fee for a player to participate in the new NEFC SOUTH Program will be approximately $800 (the exact amount will be determined once negotiations with NEFC are complete). This player fee is remarkably affordable - at least 50-60% less expensive than other regional premier programs.

* The fee will include: NEFC IDP Program, NEP League Play, 3 Tournaments, High-Level Coaching, Outdoor Fields for Training and Games, Indoor Training (Nov-Mar), registration and other administration costs.

* All NEFC SOUTH players will be invited to attend 3 'Talent Identification' events - training/competition dates when all NEFC teams come together and players have opportunities to meet players from other regions and to receive training from other coaches.

* All NEFC SOUTH players will also have an option to supplement training with the New England Revolution - Regional Development School (RDS) and the Player Developmental Program (PDP) and Goalkeeper Academy.

* NEFC SOUTH teams will compete in the New England Premiership (NEP).

* NEFC SOUTH teams will play in at least 3 tournaments: 2 NEFC Tournaments - Fall Kick Off (August) and Spring Kick Off (March) and the SEASIDE CLASSIC. Other indoor and outdoor tournaments will be discussed with parents.

* NEFC SOUTH teams will wear the NEFC Nike uniform. (NEFC are in the final year of the current Nike uniform; the entire club will change to a new uniform in 2017/18. Parents will need to order a base pack with an option to buy tracksuit, bags, etc.)

If you have any further questions regarding the new NEFC SOUTH partnership, please feel free to contact me and/or our Board Members: John Burton <jburton3312@gmail.com>, Mark Wholey <mark@buildinganironman.com>, or Chris Simon <charlieosri@yahoo.com>.

GO SOUTH!
    Paul

Paul Lucier | President
    South County Youth Soccer Club

This is surprising news. As an NEFC parent this is the first I have heard of it

Comment

Rhode Island Just became a two horse race. NEFC and BaysidFC. Bye bye Bruno , GPS, Lusitania and RUSH .

BaysideFC will need to do something to counter this quickly. Having the Academy will not be enough . I think NEFC has too much muscle now and just a matter of time before they will be #1 in RI .

Comment

what happens to DOC BBradley? Is he still around in this arrangement?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Rhode Island Just became a two horse race. NEFC and BaysidFC. Bye bye Bruno , GPS, Lusitania and RUSH .

BaysideFC will need to do something to counter this quickly. Having the Academy will not be enough . I think NEFC has too much muscle now and just a matter of time before they will be #1 in RI .
          Very true. Don't forget to say goodbye to Rams as well. This was only a matter of time. Too much talent in South County for the big programs to ignore. Looks like it's starting with only younger ages though? What about existing older SC Elite teams?

Comment

what happens to DOC BBradley? Is he still around in this arrangement?
            He's keeping his team with GPS.

Comment

Very true. Don't forget to say goodbye to Rams as well. This was only a matter of time. Too much talent in South County for the big programs to ignore. Looks like it's starting with only younger ages though? What about existing older SC Elite teams?
              I was wondering the same thing. Do you think that GPS maintains rights to the older teams, and the NEFC/SCYSA relationship starts all over again at U10/U12?

Comment

He's keeping his team with GPS.
                Is he still the DOC for SCYSC?

Comment

So will GPS lose access to the South fields? Where will GPS RI South base themselves out of now?

Comment

Where will Nefc south coast teams practice

Comment

Where will Nefc south coast teams practice
                      Are you talking about their Southeast teams or this new RI South region?

Southeast has traditionally trained either at Wheeler Farm in Seekonk, Durfee in Fall River, or Forekicks in Taunton. Hearing that more at Forekicks for next year though.

RI South, I have no clue, but assume that it will be on South County fields.

Comment

So will GPS lose access to the South fields? Where will GPS RI South base themselves out of now?
                        GPS South is no longer at Tuckertown, as of last week. Tryouts have been moved to either WWIS or West Bay, with the exception of tryouts for the 03B Premier team taking place at OSS. Moving forward, they've said the want to be in the NK area because it's more accessible to people in places other than the far south part of the state, which I think makes sense. I've talked to a few parents from places like EG that didn't want their kids to play with GPS because of the hike to Tuckertown. It's funny how nobody in this state likes to drive anywhere.

I think it was a smart idea for GPS to move somewhere a little more central just to increase the talent pool. In my opinion, relying on SCYSA almost exclusively for their pool of players is a mistake if you truly want to be a premier level team. You need to reach out to kids from a larger area to make it work. I guess we'll see how NEFC does with the same challenge.

Comment

GPS South is no longer at Tuckertown, as of last week. Tryouts have been moved to either WWIS or West Bay, with the exception of tryouts for the 03B Premier team taking place at OSS. Moving forward, they've said the want to be in the NK area because it's more accessible to people in places other than the far south part of the state, which I think makes sense. I've talked to a few parents from places like EG that didn't want their kids to play with GPS because of the hike to Tuckertown. It's funny how nobody in this state likes to drive anywhere.

I think it was a smart idea for GPS to move somewhere a little more central just to increase the talent pool. In my opinion, relying on SCYSA almost exclusively for their pool of players is a mistake if you truly want to be a premier level team. You need to reach out to kids from a larger area to make it work. I guess we'll see how NEFC does with the same challenge.
                          Much more money in EG and parents are less soccer savvy. Perfect place for GPS to camp out .

Comment

Much more money in EG and parents are less soccer savvy. Perfect place for GPS to camp out .
                            You're right about more money, but SC parents being more soccer savvy? Please. Stand on the sideline of any of their games and the only thing you hear is "boot it" and "send him!"

Comment

Now 2017, one year later after this thread started, south county RI NEFC beating GPS teams and other NEP teams. Now where is the talent..?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X